Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you guys know anything about this? This sounds weird. God bless Palm and treo users.

Source : Click here

-Andrew
    I wish this would happen. With Apples recent track record, form designs and good customer service...

On the otherhand IFFFFFFFFFF this happens I certainly hope that they would continue to develop POS. As well as maybe a new Apple/Linux/POS etc....

And for the love of God PLEASE include a 3.5mm headset jack as well as BT2.0 with the stereo profile!!!! hahaha.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I can see it now Apple buying Palm and then releasing the 800w.
    do we really want white treos?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Apple also uses black and silver. Those would be OK.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's an incredible saturated market. Plus Apple can roll their own with the video iPod.

Look at the new Apple patent on engadget. The new apple tablet/video iPod will have touch screen and gesture recognition. Apple can easily add real PDA functions to the iPod and boom out number the Treo demography.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    It's an incredible saturated market. Plus Apple can roll their own with the video iPod.

Look at the new Apple patent on engadget. The new apple tablet/video iPod will have touch screen and gesture recognition. Apple can easily add real PDA functions to the iPod and boom out number the Treo demography.

It's all about a smartphone..........ONE device.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    It's all about a smartphone..........ONE device.
    Has Apple traditionally displayed any interest in one-device solution? How long have you owned an Apple product?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I just got a 650 through work two weeks ago. If Apple came out with a (black) iPalm with:

video iPod function (music/movies/tv/external HD/photo)
    high-quality phone
    mobile data on whatever the flavor-of-the month high speed for wireless is
    wifi
    bluetooth
    iPod/Treo size (I'd want at least the Treo-sized screen)
    Palm OS or the improved Apple variant...

I'd be camping out for one and would happily spend my own cash. I'd actually get two and pop one in the safe deposit box unopened.
    Treo 755P
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Has Apple traditionally displayed any interest in one-device solution? How long have you owned an Apple product?

Traditionally NO...........But if they are to compete in the gadget world they may have to get involved in smartphones and break tradition. I don't know many people who enjoy carrying multiply devices.

Smartphones sales are expected to double this year alone and am sure Apple would like a piece of the pie. That IPOD is quickly going to become old news.

Isn't the ROKR phone a good indication where Apple is heading.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Smartphones sales are expected to double this year alone and am sure Apple would like a piece of the pie. That IPOD is quickly going to become old news.
    iPod sales have trippled 4 years in a row, so I'm not sure growth in smartphones impresses apple. I don't disagree that convergence is good, but as long as the iPod remains that much better an mp3 player, I don't see people ditching it for a smartphone.
    Apple is dissapointed with Motorola's integration of iTunes and phones, and I know they could do it better. But the article does state that there is no evedance of new interest, just a justified fit...............
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    iPod sales have trippled 4 years in a row, so I'm not sure growth in smartphones impresses apple. I don't disagree that convergence is good, but as long as the iPod remains that much better an mp3 player, I don't see people ditching it for a smartphone.

Well Apple has to look at where there going and not where they came from. It's about looking to the future and I don't see IPOD being a success in the future as Smartphones will be able to come much closer to obtaining the needed memory capacities to be a true MP3 player. With 4GB on a 700P that's a MP 3 player to me.

After downloadable video what next? Apple sees Celluar carriers trying to tap into LIVE TV whith there spectrum.

I just see this making alot of sense for Apple.......
    I'm with you jr... I've been a Mac Admin for about five years now and I think that this would be one of the best things to happen to a treo. I'd love to see a 30gb/60gb Treo the size of a IPod Video with the same size screen as the 650. Having video capability, mp3, awesome support and new Apple OS would be my wet dream!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwalton
    I just got a 650 through work two weeks ago. If Apple came out with a (black) iPalm with:

video iPod function (music/movies/tv/external HD/photo)
    high-quality phone
    mobile data on whatever the flavor-of-the month high speed for wireless is
    wifi
    bluetooth
    iPod/Treo size (I'd want at least the Treo-sized screen)
    Palm OS or the improved Apple variant...

I'd be camping out for one and would happily spend my own cash. I'd actually get two and pop one in the safe deposit box unopened.
    Me too! Though I think I could only afford one, I bet they'd be about $600-$700. You know Apple.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Traditionally NO...........But if they are to compete in the gadget world they may have to get involved in smartphones and break tradition. I don't know many people who enjoy carrying multiply devices.

Isn't the ROKR phone a good indication where Apple is heading.
    I don't know about the iPOD becoming old news. They still seem to be everywhere to me. But I do know one guy who says if the iPOD had phone and email, he'd be all set and VERY happy! Only time and trends will tell.

Didn't they just introduce a (Cingular) I-tunes phone that is touted as thinner than the Razor (it looked like it had the Razor's touchpad) with I-tunes? How long does the current Apple/cellphone deal have left on the contract??

I wonder if Apple's penchant for propietary systems with copy protection would mean any possible Apple/Treo/I-phone would only play Itunes audio and video... or could we still rip DVD's for TCPMP??

Like an idea I threw out there elsewhere.... Steve Jobs is selling Pixar to Disney.... getting stock (I don't think any money), but stock that he could leverage to try to buy Palm.

It's an interesting idea... but Disney fans have been hoping for Jobs to join Disney for years & years- even hoping he would be the one to replace Michael Eisener.

After all that time, a Jobs connection to the Mouse finally happened, but not like the fans were thinking. Instead, Steve Jobs gets a spot on Disney's board and is their new biggest stockholder.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Jobs tried to buy the company in the late nineties, according to the Mercury. Neither Apple nor Palm has given any sign that there is any basis for the renewed speculation but there are obvious fits between the two companies.
    I'm not certain this is true. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Steve$ $Jobs$ $was$ $interested$ $in$ $Handspring$, $but$ $Donna$ $Dubinsky$ $told$ $Jobs$ $that$ $Handspring$ $at$ $the$ $time$ $was$ $not$ $interested$ $in$ $a$ $buyout$ $from$ $Apple$. $Of$ $course$, $if$ $that$ $had$ $happenned$, $we$ $would$ $be$ $taling$ $about$ $Apple$ $Treos$ $now$ $instead$ $of$ $Palm$ $Treos$...$in$ $fact$ $Palm$ $would$ $have$ $not$ $have$ $had$ $anything$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $Treo$ $in$ $this$ $senario$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    God.
    Please.
    Yes.

What does one do when one loves Treo hardware but DETESTS the Palm and Windows OS? Answer: Prays for an Apple takeover!

Buy Palm, kill the Windows version, and develop a modular OS X that can run Palm apps in emulation. And rule the world

ALTHOUGH... I'd rather Apple use their cash to buy Adobe.
    I can see apple buying palm just to play chess with M$ (and keep bill gates in check)
    think about it why would apple want to lay in bed with a company that is now sleeping with the enemy ?...(and producing 700w'S)
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast