Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Cingular introduced the Motorola SLVR (What the heck is wrong with using vowels?) that is the follow up to the Apple iPod Phone. Still a crappy interface, and limited on the number of songs you can install. (Still limited to 100 songs on the mini-SD card that it comes with)
    microSD, not miniSD. Unfortunitely. 512mb max.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_D
    Cingular introduced the Motorola SLVR (What the heck is wrong with using vowels?) that is the follow up to the Apple iPod nano Phone.
    Fixed it for you

I want the full-blown video iPod functionality with the video side of iTunes, tweaked so that it can be used to load/organize/play movies (for which I currently use TCPMP and manually move movies on/off my cards).

I don't want much...
    Treo 755P
    Did anyone read this?

http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-comput...pple-bite-palm

strange. Don't know why but strange.
    oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by snahabed
    God.
    Please.
    Yes.

What does one do when one loves Treo hardware but DETESTS the Palm and Windows OS? Answer: Prays for an Apple takeover!

Buy Palm, kill the Windows version, and develop a modular OS X that can run Palm apps in emulation. And rule the world

ALTHOUGH... I'd rather Apple use their cash to buy Adobe.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this will never happen.

Why? Apple is a hardware company trying to become a content broker.

Palm is an essentially dead company, with one hardware product that shines - the Treo. But it wasn't designed at Apple, so it's "no good".

Apple could just go build their own - the have the cash, control, etc.

Seems like this is pipe dream by investors that got reamed by the execs that that ran Palm into the ground.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'd almost like to see Commodore come back to life and port AmigaDOS over to a treo... now thats what I'm talking about! You kids prolly don't remember the CLI Would that be the 800a?
    <merged>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If Palm has to be sold, I rather see Motorola buy it. Apple buying Palm will only good for traditional Apple users who doesn't own a PDA phone, it won't do any good to traditional Palm users. You think you will retain program backward competibility and the same connector? Forget about it. PalmOS is a mess even Steve Jobs
    can't fix. Not to mention Palm sold the OS and doesn't control its own destiny anymore.

At least Motorola is quite OS independent and pretty far alone in Linux development.
    I think Woz should buy Palm.................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    I have heard from people that work for Apple that Jobs is against any pda. Mac has a philosophy of creating on your computer and using all the other stuff for playback, therefore, it might be a long time before any "smartphone" from mac. I do however hope that I have to eat these words sooner than later
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    If Palm has to be sold, I rather see Motorola buy it. Apple buying Palm will only good for traditional Apple users who doesn't own a PDA phone, it won't do any good to traditional Palm users. You think you will retain program backward competibility and the same connector? Forget about it. PalmOS is a mess even Steve Jobs
    can't fix. Not to mention Palm sold the OS and doesn't control its own destiny anymore.

At least Motorola is quite OS independent and pretty far alone in Linux development.

Access can fix that OS and work with other vendors to produce the perfect Treo!!! But it will take forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by catskill05
    I have heard from people that work for Apple that Jobs is against any pda. Mac has a philosophy of creating on your computer and using all the other stuff for playback, therefore, it might be a long time before any "smartphone" from mac. I do however hope that I have to eat these words sooner than later
    So he waits till he gets back to the office to check email? Or is he just against Apple making one? I find it hard to believe a man in his position won't use a PDA!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Motorola? Why does the US often get stuck with their obsolete designs and software? I hear they sell the good stuff overseas and leave us hanging. You sure they're a good choice? Even on the sleek RAZR line(they finally sold us something cool), the software is obsolete.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    So he waits till he gets back to the office to check email? Or is he just against Apple making one? I find it hard to believe a man in his position won't use a PDA!
    Why would he need it? Any email he gets is filtered by assistants and anything important would likely come from the asst via a call.
    I would think he has to answer some of his own email. The assistant can't truly handle everything. What about emails concerning important deals that only HE can handle?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this will never happen.

Why? Apple is a hardware company trying to become a content broker.

Palm is an essentially dead company, with one hardware product that shines - the Treo. But it wasn't designed at Apple, so it's "no good".

Apple could just go build their own - the have the cash, control, etc.

Seems like this is pipe dream by investors that got reamed by the execs that that ran Palm into the ground.
    Where the heck did you get that from? They ARE a content broker. There's no "trying" about it. They're like the guys that made crack. Once they made it, they had to come up with some way to use it. Hence, the crack pipe. They don't make money selling you the crack pipe.

And I'm not even gonna start the argument about whether or not the company's been run into the ground. Did you read the article in the original post? I don't care who you are, if the stocks doubled in a year you're not running anything into the ground.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.

Sweet f'ing Christmas!! What in God's name are you thinking??? You think FrankenGarnet's screwy??? Moto's been running the same phone interface for freakin' years! YEARS MAN!!!! I don't want any company near my Treo that had to admit in an issue of RCR news that, and I quote, "our UI has been added to and added to, and now, not only do we not have a "golden path" for our users, we have no path at all"!!! This was in an article touting the new, improved, super-dee-dooper UI they were going to put out to fix all this (Cobalt anyone). Looked at any Moto's lately? It ain't out, and I doubt it ever will be.

Would I have preferred Palm have purchased the OS back? Probably, but I'll have to wait and see what Access does with it to truly answer that question. However, I damn sure didn't want Motorola anywhere near it. I lost control of my bowels when I read they were even one of the bidders, and that was after the auction when I knew they hadn't gotten it.

Talk sense there, kitty-kat.
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Haha it's not up to you to say. Do you have 8% of Palm stock?
    Haha it's not up to you to say. Do you have 8% of Palm stock?

Maybe...
    It'll be fun.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast