Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If "Lowrider" is indeed the CDMA 700p codename, then I think that would imply that the "Hollywood" is also running on PalmOS. The low end model, if it's a repackaged Treo 600, then there is no need for the codename.
    shadowmite be The Man, no doubt about it. But with the specs we have on merlin's phone, it make no sense for that to be the "lowrider" as it has been presented to date.

The Merlin phone pretty much matches the 700 specs which makes sense. Palm and Sprint would want an equivelent palm OS device to match the 700w. If lowrider was supposed to be a very basic/cheaper treo this aint it. Merlins phone being the 650 replacement with a basic "lowrider" and sexy/europian "hollywood" comming soon makes perfect sense and matches the descriptions that have been out there. If this is the Lowrider then things are very strange in Palmland. What would the other treo be then? something inbetween Merlins phone and hollywood?
    Lowrider, Highrider, Perry Rider, I don't care what they call it, just release it already.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Well said,

Release that hollywood device!!! LOL

I'm still on an immensly buzzing T600 (after several, only temporary working, battery-cable fixes I gave up on it) and don't want to get a T650 anymore.

Someone has a timemachine
    I am still on my Treo 600 as well and it's working great. But I'm ready for something new-hi res screen, better keyboard, BT and more memory. I'm ready to make the leap to 700p/800p.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Not true.

"Lowrider" can easily refer to a sleeker, suped-up model, much like some cars.
    Exactly. The only reason connection of low-rider to low-end was via Sagio's document. It's possible that they were told about the lowrider name and, thanks to their poor command of the English language, misinterpreted it.

Here's another thought...take a look at this Dictionary.com definition of Lowrider:
    A customized car whose springs have been shortened so that the chassis rides close to the ground, often equipped with hydraulic lifts that can be controlled by the driver: “a 1964 Chevrolet Impala low rider belonging to Clemente Fuentes, who can make the car rock and wobble like a conga dancer” (Edmund Newton).
    Hmm...Hydraulic lifts. Could the real Lowrider be a phone with a sliding mechanism of some sort?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Lowrider, Highrider, Perry Rider, I don't care what they call it, just release it already.
    Maybe Knight Rider?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I am still on my Treo 600 as well and it's working great. But I'm ready for something new-hi res screen, better keyboard, BT and more memory. I'm ready to make the leap to 700p/800p.
    Same here I'm actually considering switching carriers if Sprint gets this first. I waited for Verizon to get the 600 but I won't wait for the next POS Treo. I firgure I can try Sprint and if its coverage is decent I'll keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero310
    Maybe Knight Rider?
    I prefer Winona Ryder...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I prefer Winona Ryder...
    Maybe Merlin pulled a "Winona Ryder" to obtain his "700p"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Exactly. The only reason connection of low-rider to low-end was via Sagio's document. It's possible that they were told about the lowrider name and, thanks to their poor command of the English language, misinterpreted it.
    To the best of my knowledge the first mention of Lowrider was this engadget entry:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000107066688/

As far as I remember, this predates the the Sagio document by a few weeks. Ryan Block cites 'a leaked analyst report from a very well known firm that we got our hands on' and makes the leap that '“Lowrider” ... could well be the same lower end consumer device we just heard about from Caris & Co.' Seems clear to me that he doesn't know for sure that Lowrider is the low-end device and one has to surmise that the analyst report doesn't make this clear. If this is the origin of all the the lowrider=low-end speculation (including Sagio's) the evidence is really pretty weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    To the best of my knowledge the first mention of Lowrider was this engadget entry:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000107066688/

As far as I remember, this predates the the Sagio document by a few weeks. Ryan Block cites 'a leaked analyst report from a very well known firm that we got our hands on' and makes the leap that '“Lowrider” ... could well be the same lower end consumer device we just heard about from Caris & Co.' Seems clear to me that he doesn't know for sure that Lowrider is the low-end device and one has to surmise that the analyst report doesn't make this clear. If this is the origin of all the the lowrider=low-end speculation (including Sagio's) the evidence is really pretty weak.
    In this case then, Lowrider=700p, Highlander still could = sexy slim europhone and the other, now un-code-named phone (they said there would be 4 and 700w was one of them) could be the true low-end phone that Palm needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    In this case then, Lowrider=700p, Highlander still could = sexy slim europhone and the other, now un-code-named phone (they said there would be 4 and 700w was one of them) could be the true low-end phone that Palm needs.
    But there can only be one Highlander.
    Does anyone think that Hollywood might be also available in CDMA?
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Does anyone think that Hollywood might be also available in CDMA?
    Early next year I would think, after the 700w/p have been out for a year.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I prefer Winona Ryder...
    We could get her to slip into Palm and pick us up a pre-production model.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang
    Relax. Sprint's rates are still affordable. For newer Power Vision (EVDO) phones the plans start out at 15 for unlimited EVDO and Sprint is introducing a 40 dollar unlimited tethering plan which should also include unlimited EVDO on the handset itself which is actually a pretty good deal.

What if I have FREE unlimited data on my 650 ( I do ). Would a switchn to EVDO cause me to change my plan and now have to pay the $15 a month?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12