1.    #1  
    Is there something in the battery that tells the treo to stay on?
    I am trying to figure this out....

If I take the battery out of the treo, and plug in the AC charger it will power on the phone fine but immediately a message comes on to say that the battery is loaw and an auto shutdown sequence starts. After 30 seconds, the treo shuts off.

Is this a profile of some sort that can be disabled?
    Can the treo work on AC power alone without a battery installed?
    Is there a work around to temp bypass if no battery is installed?

I also tried my Dell Axim X50v battery in the treo and it works perfectly and powers on the treo but the same low battery message and auto shutdown starts like on AC only power. This means that there is something "special" inside the treo battery?
    If we can figure this out......guess what guys and gals.....
    We can use much cheaper batteries designed for the Dell Axim X50 and X51 series. The Axim batteries are also available in MUCH higher mah as well.

Anyone can share battery info about the original treo battery communicating with the treo?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Why don't you just buy the extended battery from Seidio? It's not expensive and is rated @ 2400 mah. Seems a lot easier than hacking the firmware.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Why don't you just buy the extended battery from Seidio? It's not expensive and is rated @ 2400 mah. Seems a lot easier than hacking the firmware.
    There is a 3400mah battery available for the axim. Fits the treo, costs much less than the seido 2400mah and the battery connectors are EXACTLY the same as the treo battery. Everything is perfect and the axim battery powers on the treo except that the treo somehow seems to try to communicate with it or something and realizes it is not a treo battery so it initiates the treo auto shutdown sequence. It should be something rather simple to get around in my opinion.
    I brought two real 650 battery from the internet for 25 shipped. I assume it can be used by the 700w.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I brought two real 650 battery from the internet for 25 shipped. I assume it can be used by the 700w.
    From where?
    I order from this guy, which was from pricegrabber.com

http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_acc.../userid=862196

I don't know if he still sells it. Yes I have brought POS unusable digicam battery from ebay before, this is the real thing.