Here are the specs we already know:

-312 MHz Xscale CPU
    -Palm OS 5.4.9
    -BT spec unverifiable, BT 1.2? not sure
    -1.3MP camera
    -320x320 screen
    -FAT32 driver support
    -EVDO radio
    -can receive call while on 1xEvDo, but cannot call and browse at the same time (limitation of 1xEvDo)
    -new web like picture album interface, new facelift for alblum and pic apps
    -menu key moved to bottom left shift spot
    -LudusW-like sms after call functionality
    -was able to make receive call via Scala 500 BT headset
    -flashing asterix replaced by little golden bell icon
    -green button is talk button, phone button for contacts
    -new "fast mode" in blazer
    -No WiFi drivers installed and no ability to test a WiFi SD card
    -HUGE NEW DBCACHE SIZE!! >> 10MB!!!!
    -Keyboard dims with screen

Meminfo results:
    Flash total size: 64,336
    Flash free minus couple apps installed: 54,172
    NVFS dbCache size: 18,431
    Dynamic heap: 10,240
    But I have a few little nit picks about the Palm OS that I would like to share with Palm. We have now seen the, or I think we have seen the new 700P and I wanted to address a few issues I have and I am a sure a few other have. We would like you to consider making these changes before you release the 700P or whatever it is going to be called. Now I am not too sure that these changes haven't been done already. But, I would like these things from the 650 fixed. Also, for some of you other posters please list your grievances here now, or forever hold your peace.

Also if you KNOW some specs please list them here.

My Wish List
    For the calendar:

Floating Appt.
    Link Contacts (Or be able to choose different numbers within a contact and not just the main number)
    Pop up enabler (Set Snooze and other tasks)

For Contacts:

Sort by First Name
    Journal Function

For Blazer:
    Leave webpage in cache or ram
    When we start blazer do not go to connect just show webpage, then connect when following a link or an address is entered in

For Phone:

MP3 support (ringers)
    Record Calls
    Fix the Call waiting/Conference issue
    Last edited by NRG; 02/04/2006 at 12:41 PM.
    When we start blazer do not go to connect just show webpage, then connect when following a link or an address is entered in
    Sorry what does this mean?

Does it happen to support animated gif, at lease in the photo album?

Can we still ask Merlyn questions or he has sold the phone to engadget or whatever?
    [QUOTE=NRG]For Blazer:

I can do that now on my 600. I have the google home page saved, so I don't have to wait for a connection and to download the page. Or are you asking for something else?
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Sorry what does this mean?

Does it happen to support animated gif, at lease in the photo album?

Can we still ask Merlyn questions or he has sold the phone to engadget or whatever?
    I don't know if he sold it yet. These are just some of the facts lifted from the main big thread. I can't really speak fo Merlyn.

I thought I would start a thread where we as 650 users would like to see some changes.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc

I can do that now on my 600. I have the google home page saved, so I don't have to wait for a connection and to download the page. Or are you asking for something else?
    I would like it to be there instantly. Cause whenever I restart Blazer on my 650, I have to wait for it to connect, then I have to wait for it reload. Kinda slow IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I thought I would start a thread where we as 650 users would like to see some changes.
    I would like Palm to switch to a 3.5 mm headphone jack, but don't expect palm to ever provide it.

EDIT: I wish you could edit your posts using the Treo. I was too busy installing Windows Vista Beta2 on my computer at the time.
    Last edited by StrangeReaction; 02/04/2006 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    [qoute]
    I would like Palm to switch to a 3.5 mm headphone jack, but don't expect palm to ever provide it.
    I like that idea. Sell a special headset for the 3.5.
    at the risk of sounding increasingly more shrill and redundant I want WIFI -- can Palm FINALLY deliver on their promise to provide drivers at least (if not on board built in) WIFI on the POS.

Here at home I have cheap Edge at more than decent speeds -- I need WIFI for direct PC connections for example, and for when I travel abroad where there's no edge.

You sprint verizon zealots would freak -- but I hope the GSM at least would carry WIFI instead of that ridiculously overpriced EVDO radio.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    FYI, EVDO on Sprint costs the same as regular vision: $15 a month. Can't beat that with a stick, on GSM or Verizon. So who's going to freak now?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I am underwhelmed with the new specs--- the only thing that would make me even CONSIDER this new model is EV-DO...I was really hoping for an OS upgrade to support mulittasking, and the lack of identifiable Wi-Fi drivers (STILL) p***es me off...At this point, I would almost rather spend the money on the 700w (if it comes out on Sprint)

-R
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    at the risk of sounding increasingly more shrill and redundant I want WIFI -- can Palm FINALLY deliver on their promise to provide drivers at least (if not on board built in) WIFI on the POS.

Here at home I have cheap Edge at more than decent speeds -- I need WIFI for direct PC connections for example, and for when I travel abroad where there's no edge.

You sprint verizon zealots would freak -- but I hope the GSM at least would carry WIFI instead of that ridiculously overpriced EVDO radio.
    Really? REALLY??? There are times when I want to use my rapier like wit to vivisect moronic posts on this board. There are other times I just want to tell people to shut the hell up. Guess which one this is?

Want wifi? Fine. Rail to your hearts content, but ridiculously overpriced EVDO??? At Sprint's price?!?

For God's sake man...
    what WOULD be an acceptable price for faster than DSL speeds to you???

And "Free with wifi, Hyuck!" DOES NOT count!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I do remember web with teh Treo 600 it would just display the last page and wouldn't connect unless you typed / clicked a new link. I didn't like how the 650 would connect for everything but i got used to it.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Really? REALLY??? There are times when I want to use my rapier like wit to vivisect moronic posts on this board. There are other times I just want to tell people to shut the hell up. Guess which one this is?

Want wifi? Fine. Rail to your hearts content, but ridiculously overpriced EVDO??? At Sprint's price?!?

For God's sake man...
    what WOULD be an acceptable price for faster than DSL speeds to you???

And "Free with wifi, Hyuck!" DOES NOT count!!!
    Umm... the first one?
    Maybe BARYE was thinking of Verizon's unlimited plan, which I think is $50/mo (he can speak for himself, of course, just pointing out a possibility so that everyone doesn't flip out at that statement).
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I wish option+power did something besides keyguard. You know, just make keyguard active by holding the power button down.
    Here are the specs we already know:

-HUGE NEW DBCACHE SIZE!! >> 10MB!!!!
    -Keyboard dims with screen

Meminfo results:
    Flash total size: 64,336
    Flash free minus couple apps installed: 54,172
    NVFS dbCache size: 18,431
    Dynamic heap: 10,240
    For comparison my current RAM numbers (MemoryInfo on GSM 650 FW 01.71, SW 1.20-ENA) are:

NVFS Cache: 11711 KB
    Dynamic Heap: 5440 KB

I'm not sure that a 50 - 60% increase in cache really merits a "HUGE NEW" description, but let's not argue about semantics. Interesting that dynamic heap in the new device is actually increased by a greater proportion than NVFS cache.

But I have a few little nit picks about the Palm OS that I would like to share with Palm.

For Blazer:
    I couldn't agree more. The current implementation is a real pain. I hope the increase in heap and cache signals that we might see this.
    Another thought. Besides NVFS cache and dynamic heap, RAM contains the decompressed ROM. I would guess that the (rumored, unreleased) 700p has 48 MB RAM and decompressed ROM = 20 MB (4 MB more than the 650 image).

18.0 (NVFS cache) + 10.0 (dynamic heap) + 20.0 (decompressed ROM) = 48 MB

Surprisingly round numbers
    Please fix Blazer. Is it asking too much for the last page to be loaded when leaving and returning to the web app? NRG has a great point.

Further, can you PLEASE allow for 'Cruise' functionality in Blazer, ala Xiino? I'd like to have the pages DLd in HTML format and stored on the card. Doesn't sound like a big deal until you consider the possibilities.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    oooooo. I forgot one.

Launcher:
    Please allow a skinable background, like the agendus view for calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchy9
    I am underwhelmed with the new specs--- the only thing that would make me even CONSIDER this new model is EV-DO...I was really hoping for an OS upgrade to support mulittasking, and the lack of identifiable Wi-Fi drivers (STILL) p***es me off...At this point, I would almost rather spend the money on the 700w (if it comes out on Sprint)

-R

I may not get the 700w from any carrier, but I was hoping for wi-fi support on a Palm OS Treo. Guess I'll be waiting till the 800. Very disappointing in this day and age with other HTC phones rich with wi-fi options.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast