Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Here are the specs we already know:

But I have a few little nit picks about the Palm OS that I would like to share with Palm. We have now seen the, or I think we have seen the new 700P and I wanted to address a few issues I have and I am a sure a few other have. We would like you to consider making these changes before you release the 700P or whatever it is going to be called. Now I am not too sure that these changes haven't been done already. But, I would like these things from the 650 fixed. Also, for some of you other posters please list your grievances here now, or forever hold your peace.

Also if you KNOW some specs please list them here.

My Wish List
    For the calendar:

Floating Appt.
    Link Contacts (Or be able to choose different numbers within a contact and not just the main number)
    Pop up enabler (Set Snooze and other tasks)

For Contacts:

Sort by First Name
    Journal Function

For Blazer:
    Leave webpage in cache or ram
    When we start blazer do not go to connect just show webpage, then connect when following a link or an address is entered in

For Phone:

MP3 support (ringers)
    Record Calls
    Fix the Call waiting/Conference issue
    I HAVE HAD 3 OF THE 700 SERIES PALMS IN TWO MONTHS AND CAN SAY ALONG WITH MY COLLEGES THAT THE 700 IS NOT READY FOR FULL TIME BUISNESS USE.
    PALM FINALLY ADMITTED AFTER SEVERAL REPLACEMENTS AND SERIVICE CALLS THAT THERE ARE BUGS AND THEY ARE (TRYING) TO WORK ON THEM. AS WE ALL RECALL THAT WAS THE EXCUSE WITH THE 650 SERIES ALSO. WELL WE PAID FULL RETAIL AND DEMAND A PAYCHECK FOR ALL THIS USER TEST= ENGINEERING WE ARE ALL DOING. ANY FIX PALM DOES DOLE OUT WILL NOT TAKE CARE OF MOST PROBLEMS BASED ON THE HISTORYS OF THESE COMPANIES.
    JUST A FEW OF THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE REGULARLY EXPERIANCED AFTER TWO MONTHS AND SEVERAL 700'S.

THE RED POWER BUTTON WHEN PRESSED SOMETIME JUST DOES NOT TURN ON THE SCREEN.
    NO BLUETOOTH VOICE DIAL WHICH IS A SAFETY AND CONVIENCE FEATURE MISSING.
    RECORD YOUR OWN RINGERS WITH THE CALLERS NAMES AND THE POOR QUALITY MIC BARELY MAKES A SOUND AT MAX VOL.

IF YOU DARE TO PLAY BACK A FULL SCREEN VIDEO WE HOPE YOU DONT MIND THE BLURRSS.

WITH FULL SIGNAL NEXT TO A VERIZON TOWER WE SOMETIMES GET THE ANSWERING MODEM HAS DISCONNECTED PLEASE FIX YOUR SETTINGS. THEN IT JUST WORKS THE NEXT TIME BUT STILL THE DIALING/CONNECTION BOX BLOX THE SCREEN AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING MANY TIMES A DAY WHETHER IT CONNECTS OR NOT. THIS IS WORSE IF YOU HAVE UNLIMITED DATA ACCESS THAT IS.

WE REALLY ONLY EXPECTED RELIABILITY WITH THE LATEST FIX TO THE 650 SERIES BUT WE DO NOT SEE IT. ITS WELL PAST THE TIME THAT A MOBILE DEVICE SHOULD WORK RELIABLY AS SOLD. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR POSTS
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    STOP SHOUTING PLEASE! You are making my eyes bleed!

Thank you!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    A little off topic, but my evdo is not very expensive... my plan is as follows:

Family shared plan.
    2000 anytime (rarely even come close to it)
    Nights and weekends starting at 6PM
    Unlimited Power Vision ultimate (EVDO)on second line
    Full unlimited vision primary line, but not EVDO (treo 650)
    insurance on both phones
    $5.00 free downloads from Sprint a month.
    I think there are some things I'm forgetting, but for the most part this is the more expensive stuff as I understand it.
    All in all I pay $108 for it all. Nice for me because I have no home phone anymore.

The WiFi issue is a perk that would be "nice to have" IMO but for my application it is not truely necessary. I use my laptop when at home, and when I'm not I'm rarely in an area where I would have a free wireless network to connect to.

Upgrades or fixes I would like to see are:
    BETTER BLUETOOTH IMPLEMENTATION
    larger screen (if possible)
    lose the antenna
    customazeable launcher
    MP3 ringtone implimentation
    faster blazer
    voice recognition built in from VoiceSignal
    MUCH better speaker that doesn't pop when volume is maxed out
    USB charging capability as alternative to using wall outlet charger. (this would be great for mobile applications (say traveling and using the Treo as modem and charging at the same time without plugging into an outlet)
    Last edited by GMSchiller; 02/09/2006 at 10:39 AM.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    I think another thing worth considering is that there are a lot of people (myself included) who didn't upgrade to the 650 from the 600. Having an original Handspring GSM Treo 600, I haven't experienced any problems, have a bright screen (not that blueish one so many people got stuck with) and have been very satisfied with the device. The 650 didn't offer me enough (bluetooth & better screen) reason to upgrade. Now, comparing a 600 to a 700, the gap is much wider. Better screen, more memory, faster chip, FAT32 support, better keyboard, better bluetooth, EVDO, newer OS, etc. So keep in mind all of those 600 users who didn't take the plunge.
    exactly right; i'm in the same boat.

BTW, what does FAT32 support really do for you?
    Fat32 = 4GB SD cards and (this part I'm not absoultely certain about) smaller "chunks" of SD card usage
    Quote Originally Posted by jaginger
    eBTW, what does FAT32 support really do for you?
    It's several orders of magnitud faster as well a supporting the current 4 MB and future 8, 12 whatever MB SD cards. See the Shdowmite FAt32 thread for more info
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123