Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    good angle there gharrod. If Palm wanted to they could cause him LOTS of trouble.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  2. lua
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    good angle there gharrod. If Palm wanted to they could cause him LOTS of trouble.
    oh i hope SOMEONE do. that would be REALLY funny.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    You guys all got suckered... I didn't believe it and I guess I really didn't care when I read EV-DO.

Also, it didn't help that other blogs that are suppose to report "news" would go with a forum rumor from an unknown....

I was pretty funny reading though... I can tell people were starting to doubt but still wanted to believe!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Having read dozens upon dozens of the same posts on ebay, I can't believe everyone is falling for this joke either. And what's the deal with the obfuscated pictures boys?

This is what I mean by asking reasonable questions and not getting reasonable answers.
    Well, with real evidence and passing Shadowmite's questions and now even giving Shadowmite the ROM dump and Shadowmite confirming it, I hope you can see now how it's possible to mix up rumor with truth. I hope you realize from this that it was far from obvious that your post exaggerated fun.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    You should have known he was lying when he said he had a job.
    Gfunk-
    Thanks for banning this nimrod, at least for a week. Hope you banished his alter ego Treomistress too.

What I'd really like to do is get a couple hundred of us to march to his house at night with flaming torches and drums.....
    I think the hoax was so incredibly obvious. That people fell for it reflected so much more on what people wanted to believe than what Slinky said. Its not as if there were not plenty of naysayers all along in the thread. People chose to believe, thats all. Slinky's post was no worse than the "monster in the pocket" post.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I think the hoax was so incredibly obvious. That people fell for it reflected so much more on what people wanted to believe than what Slinky said. Its not as if there were not plenty of naysayers all along in the thread. People chose to believe, thats all. Slinky's post was no worse than the "monster in the pocket" post.

Surur
    It was a indeed hoax, or a farce as he called it. It seemed pretty obvious to anyone not intoxicated with Treo Fever. However, I will repeat the Caesar quote i made:

Men freely believe that which they desire.

If people fell for it, sucks to be you. I don't think he should have been banned personally, his "credibility" has stained him enough, but thats the Moderators/Admins discretion.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    10,000 percent dude. My name sez it all. I dont wanna be banned too.

gharrod you are an *****. Palm couldnt do anything legally. Send his post to the wall street journal. This stuff is so dumb and you guys are all pissed off because you KNEW it was a hoax from the beginning but you just wanna believe so badly. Everybody here is perry but at least he admits his craziness. vikingjunior get off your high horse. you were the first doubter with your 850p joke and let yourself get carried away with everybodys stupid posts. The only thing slinky did was try to milk companies for information when all the silly season idiots took this too far. Blame him for that too. Somehow a 700p got dumped 2 days later in craigslist from an unknown source. wow. Gotta love the timing.

"I thought it was genius. You guys are upset because you believed him, which makes it more humorous."

This is so true. After editing the subjects now gfunkmagic is telling us they talk about banning slinky forever. This reaction sez it all boyz. Its when you are so embarassed by the obvious you overeact to cover it up. If I ever fall for such shiite like what I read about the 800p I want my credit cards confiscated permanently.
    I didn't think you deserved a ban the first time. But now you're just out of control.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Amen. Banning him is more petty than his false posts.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyseason

gharrod you are an *****. Palm couldnt do anything legally. Send his post to the wall street journal. This stuff is so dumb and you guys are all pissed off because you KNEW it was a hoax from the beginning but you just wanna believe so badly. Everybody here is perry but at least he admits his craziness. vikingjunior get off your high horse. you were the first doubter with your 850p joke and let yourself get carried away with everybodys stupid posts. The only thing slinky did was try to milk companies for information when all the silly season idiots took this too far. Blame him for that too. Somehow a 700p got dumped 2 days later in craigslist from an unknown source. wow. Gotta love the timing.

"I thought it was genius. You guys are upset because you believed him, which makes it more humorous."

This is so true. After editing the subjects now gfunkmagic is telling us they talk about banning slinky forever. This reaction sez it all boyz. Its when you are so embarassed by the obvious you overeact to cover it up. If I ever fall for such shiite like what I read about the 800p I want my credit cards confiscated permanently.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyseason

Slinky/treomistress/sillyseason, quit making up alter egos. GO!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Just gimme my damn EVDO Sprint Treo and let's be done with all of this. I just want some good Shoutcast streams for the car, some better email and little better bluetooth. I've never used up all the ram in my 650 and thru some careful R&D mine doesn't crash much. I'm not even sure I really care which OS it has on it.

85mp cameras, lying lawyers with $10 words and exclusivity deals aside, just gimme the device. Its really very simple.
    I see an IP ban coming........I actually defended you in the end, how stupid of me.
    First, let me say that I am not angry at this guy. I understand him perfectly and am at peace that these people usually get what's comin'. It takes a true a-hole to come up with a complete and total lie, get multiple people upset, and then thinks it funny. Just take solice in that he is the kind of guy that goes to a party, has a great time, thinks he's a great guy, but as soon as he leaves, everyone is talking about how much of an jerk he is.

So slinky, let me guess, your single or divorced right. Did she take you for all your worth?

How's the law profession? Do you sue innocent people in the hopes of stealing their assets? Sounds exactly like somebody without a conscience.

Just a reminder to everyone here: Unless they are 10 years old, never try to convince people like Slinky to change their ways. They will forever be jerks and incapable of being humanistic.
    <Slinky bann extended one month for multiple user registrations which is against forum TOS>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    We might as well lock this thread and put this behind us.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I couldn't bring myself to read your entire original post, but you need to get a real hobby.

Posting on this board (other than the expected April Fool's gags) comes with some some level of trust. Once you play a game like this, your credibility is crap. I personally consider reading your posts to be a waste of time, but to each his own.

I guess it was fun for you - in the same way that telling little kids at the mall that the Santa isn't real is fun for some folks. There is little sport in asserting that you hold some great info, building up a (relatively) believable story, and then laughing at those that bought it.....
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    OK everybody...
    Take a deep breath.....

Now repeat after me:

"It is only a phone" "It is only a phone" "It is only a phone"

"It was only a joke" "It was only a joke" "It was only a joke"

"I will get a life" "I will get a life" "I will get a life"

Feel better now?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    We might as well lock this thread and put this behind us.
    Done ... No sense on continuing this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123