Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Not grouchy, just stating the obvious. You told a good story at the expense of your credibility.
    Actually, it's not my credibility but your gullibility. I'll bet dozens of people will sell a 700p if you really want one... just look on ebay...
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    On Wednesday morning I logged into Treocentral with fresh memories of JackNaylor’s literary masterpiece that ridiculously fooled some and the latest rumors of the 700p - now absurdly
    Gee my writing skills must be weak....how come everyone from Engadget to TheRegister over in the UK picked up on Slinky's and no one picked up the Palm Monster in my Pants.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Actually, it's not my credibility but your gullibility. I'll bet dozens of people will sell a 700p if you really want one... just look on ebay...
    Take a poll on the board, who believes slinky has high credibility?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Ooooh. I thought you come to praise me, not to bury me. LOL.

Seriously, you guys will believe anything. Now it's the "somebody just sold me a 700p on Craig's List" story yet the pictures and explanations don't jive.

So... let me ask you this... how did this phone get activated?
    So basically you are a liar huh?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/03/2006 at 06:21 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Well, I guess the vote over on the 700P thread answered that question pretty quick.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    <Slinky BANNED for 1 week for his acitons!>

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Beware!! the new member Treomistress is probably Slinky!!! she/he hade a total of 5 posts and then deleted them all I was able to catch on of the posts defending slinky before he deleted it.
    Well at least DID fess up and he didnt wait an entire week before coming clean. I am disappointed tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I think slinky needs to get a life!!! take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Slinky's post would have been an amusing farce if he had ended it quickly. But even after it was clear that many people believed, or wanted to believe, he kept it going, with promises to post more detailed information later, and lies about waiting for confirmation from Sprint, etc. If he had ended it after about 20 or 30 posts, it would have been funny. As it is, it's just obnoxious.

But he's not alone. What about the post from someone else forwarding what was purported to be an email from Sprint that said yes, we're working on the 800? That seems likely a lie, too.

In the end, Slinky seems to believe that because he thinks it was funny, it doesn't matter what he did, or how anyone else feels. "Me first, who cares about anyone else." I think that's what grates on everyone.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I thought it was genius. You guys are upset because you believed him, which makes it more humorous.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    lovely. now the people here who are always so quick to jump on the dogpile on top of everyone who actually does hear something about a yet to be announced product will be able to refer back to this complete tool. I would suggest banning him for a week was too weak, but the guy obviously has no real life, so he's probably already re-registered with another user name. I know one thing for sure - if I had 48 unreleased Treos in my trunk, I wouldn't tell anyone here about them. if I took pictures, they'd be photochopped, if I quoted the owners manuals, i'd be fabricating it, and thanks to this moron - people would have cause to be suspicious for legitimate reasons. whoever you are now, it's people like you who make places like this hostile and totally unhelpful. your bad karma account must be loaded. gonna go hurt some puppies this weekend? you are a loser.

Well I was giving Slinky the benefit of the doubt, but yes, it went to far.
    It's also funny how after he confessed he then wanted to be Chief Cynic in the 700p thread.

Ironically hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    I would suggest banning him for a week was too weak..

That is also being discussed...

slinky sounds like one of those ambulance chasing attorneys

...slimeballs
    It's just not Slinkys rep that is on the line here but TC's as a whole, with all those sites linking to TC and finding out it was a hoax ,TC is going to get a bad rep along with Slinky. So with the internet watching how TC handles such fools it may be wise to come down with the hammer.
    Slinky = Rove

As I suspect he was a total fake. Since Palm is a publicly traded company and this news may have effected trading on Palm stock this may be a legal matter and I hesitate the legal snafu that someone like Sliky may have caused for himself and the owners of Treocentral. People this is serious business. It is fraud and if Sliky thinks it is just a "farce" then I have the no hesitation in doubting every element of who he says he is, his reasoning and defense. No honorable member of the legal profession would risk his or her career in this way.
  20. lua
    always irk me that a palm executive who has a yet-to-be-announced play-thing would risk his career just to boost about it to a 2 bit mf liar.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast