1.    #1  
    when I send mail with versamail I get this error. I can't send email :-( I'm not using the sprint smtp just my mail server... any ideas on how to fix this?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Yes, use Sprints server.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    when I send mail with versamail I get this error. I can't send email :-( I'm not using the sprint smtp just my mail server... any ideas on how to fix this?
    I use Charter cable for pop3 email at home. They have a well known problem with 550 relay smtp server errors. Reports are that it is due to spam filters. The tell tale sign is an IP address of 71.xx.xx.xx. Don't know if this is your problem, but it sounds similar. Check out ww.dslreports.com. search the forums for 550 smtp server errors.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I had this problem on VM and installed Chatter. It seems to be totally random (on both apps). I can save a draft and eventually, if I am persistent, it will send. It's super annoying!

Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
  5.    #5  
    I put in the sprint smtp and it works now. thanks guys
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.