Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125257585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1245
  1. #1221  
    <WARNING!>

    Okay folks, this is NOT the OT forum. Please stay on topic otherwise we might have to lock this thread!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2. #1222  
    Fuchsia's nice.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 02/08/2006 at 08:33 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. #1223  
    This thread is going down hill.... Just to spice up things a bit. I think the Treo 650 has some files that makes it be known as the Treo ACE. I guess Shadowmite might have seen some lowrider naming on the Treo 700p.

    Why lowrider? Well, in California lowriders are best known for having the COOL factor. Don't confuse "low" in lowrider for been a lower quality product, but for been a show off gadget.

    Why Hollywood? Another California term. And I guess we all know why Palm picked that name. This is supposed to be a fancy Treo. More like something you would see in the hands of a Hollywood star. Meaning no antenna, slimmer, but probably no removable battery, less memory than the lowrider and slower processor. This Treo will be aimed to the non-geeky buyers.

    Which one would I pick? I think I like the Treo 700p a lot with all the features we've found from Merlyn with the exception of the new keys layout. I have no issues with the antenna if it is helping me getting better reception.

    Al
  4. #1224  
    Is the Hollywood the only one with wi-fi option? The prototype looks weird. I hope they fix that!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #1225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Is the Hollywood the only one with wi-fi option? The prototype looks weird. I hope they fix that!
    Ahm... sorry, what prototype? Of the Hollywood? Where can I see it???
  6. #1226  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Does anyone have a copy of Cliffnotes for this thread?
    (Next two threads. . . . .)
  7. #1227  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    http://blog.treonauts.com/
    as mentioned above -- this is a nice overview of what was mentioned in this thread. (Thanks wbwjr!)

    Cheers, Perry

    One
  8. #1228  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Yes!

    -Merlyn_3D says "I have a 700p"
    -many on T/|C board say "no you don't"
    -Merlyn_3D posts pics
    -skeptics say "they are fakes. How did you get one?"
    -Merlyn_3D claims "Bought on Craigs List"
    -Shadow Confirms 700p
    - Palm Police show up
    -Merlyn_3D denies everything
    - Perry goes back to PPR
    -T/C board speculates

    Two




    There, we are back on topic.
  9. #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero310
    Ahm... sorry, what prototype? Of the Hollywood? Where can I see it???
    Sorry, I screwed up. It was either the Lowrider or the Hollywood, but people aren't really sure.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106537
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/08/2006 at 06:40 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. #1230  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I'm in the San Jose area today, until I go home in the evening. BTW, I don't have a 2GB SD card, but if someone would be willing to provide one I'd be happy to test it.
    NM
    Last edited by aznmode; 02/08/2006 at 05:46 PM.
  11. #1231  
    Does this mean we can finally resume the Windows vs. Palm wars soon? That never gets old.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  12. #1232  
    Goodnight everybody.
  13. #1233  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    Does this mean we can finally resume the Windows vs. Palm wars soon? That never gets old.
    The OS on the "Hollywood" will decide what the true operating system of choise is.

    There can be only one!
  14. #1234  
    This thread (in the spirit of "testing" aka hacking) reminds me of the good ole days of "testing" satellite tv equipment.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  15. #1235  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Sorry, I screwed up. It was either the Lowrider or the Hollywood, but people aren't really sure.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106537
    It's made by Inventec, the manufacturer of the iPod and a new Palm Inc vendor. There's no evidence that this device has anything to do with Palm Inc.
  16. #1236  
    I wonder if this is going to be released by Danger. It looks like their type of color combination.
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  17. #1237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Sorry, I screwed up. It was either the Lowrider or the Hollywood, but people aren't really sure.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106537

    Personally I think, this previously leaked image might have something to do with the rumored treo devices:

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/images...ed_Treo700.jpg

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8026
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  18. #1238  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Sorry, I screwed up. It was either the Lowrider or the Hollywood, but people aren't really sure.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106537
    I have seen that, also was confused. But guys, I don't think Palm will do that to us. The next Treos will also be cool and don't look like the child of a Sinclair Spectrum ZX81 and an iPod nano Rubber keys? Come on...

    Btw, I hope I will get my new Treo soon. Dropped mine into the lagoon :-((( Life sucks without a Treo!
  19. #1239  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Now affectionately referred to as : PPR



    (But the bare electrical outlet is mine!)


    WELL IF BLIND BELIEF MAKES THE 700 SERIES WORK THEN I AM WITH YOU. I HAVE HAD PALMS LATEST DARLING 700 AND IF YOU USE IT FULL TIME FOR BUISNESS YOU WILL BE SUICIDAL.
    CHECK MY POSTS FROM PERFECTMW. I LOVE THE 700 BECAUSE IT IS A SMALL IMPROVEMENT BUT ME AND MY GROUP WERE EXPECTING SOMETHING READY FOR FULL TIME BUISNESS USE.
    GOOD LUCK
  20. #1240  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    This thread is going down hill.... Just to spice up things a bit. I think the Treo 650 has some files that makes it be known as the Treo ACE. I guess Shadowmite might have seen some lowrider naming on the Treo 700p.

    Why lowrider? Well, in California lowriders are best known for having the COOL factor. Don't confuse "low" in lowrider for been a lower quality product, but for been a show off gadget.

    Why Hollywood? Another California term. And I guess we all know why Palm picked that name. This is supposed to be a fancy Treo. More like something you would see in the hands of a Hollywood star. Meaning no antenna, slimmer, but probably no removable battery, less memory than the lowrider and slower processor. This Treo will be aimed to the non-geeky buyers.

    Which one would I pick? I think I like the Treo 700p a lot with all the features we've found from Merlyn with the exception of the new keys layout. I have no issues with the antenna if it is helping me getting better reception.

    Al
    WELL HANG ON BECAUSE THIS USER OF THE TREO 700 SERIES FOR OVER TWO MONTHS NOW WITH THEM BEING REPLACED THREE TIMES. THE FAT ANTENNA DOES NOT RECEIVE AS WELL AS THE LG8100. YES I USED THEM SIDE BY SIDE. IF YOU HAVE FULL SIGNAL ALWAYS THEN PLEASE KNOW YOU ARE LUCKY.
    FYI- I DONT LIKE THE TINY SIZE OF THE 8100. ITS JUST TOOO
    SMALL -SCREEN AND ALL.

Posting Permissions