Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1245
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Nah. This is a Plam plant. Not merlyn himself, but the guy who hooked him up. Reason being this coincided with the 800p false rumor too neatly. I don't believe this is the Craigslist Treo either.

Merlyn had the phone from the beginning of the day and he paraded around for a few hours, and did some irc chat in the evening. And the phone is gone the next day? There is no way Palm could find him so soon. If Merlyn sold the phone, I doubt he would know it was Palm who brought it either.

So this is a Palm leak in order to put off the 800p rumor. Now all I want to know is. WHEN IS THE RELEASE DATE???
    It would be pretty easy to find him after he activated it. Only so many 700p's out there and Sprint should know who is supposed to have them. That was Merlins mistake, in a sense, everybody knew these things were released yet to the general public and, by activating it, he let Sprint know he really had one and who and where he was.
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/06/2006 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    It would be pretty easy to find him after he activated it. Only so many 700p's out there and Sprint should know who is supposed to have them
    I soooooooooo like the sound of that. . . . .. "only so many 700p's out there and Sprint . . . ."

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    You should of activated your theft deterrent feature. And then demanded more answers.
    I did everything I could to get more info, and she would not budge.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    All you amateur Sherlock Holmes types make me laugh. What else are you working on? The Lone Gunman theory? The faked moon landing? Maybe Ron and Nicoles "real killer"?

Hilarious!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Someone here asked for a lawyer's opinion. I am a 3rd year grad student studying corporate law. I have this to say...

Merlyn_3D,

I understand that you are undoubtedly involved with some sort or personal / ethical / legal situation that prohibits you from speaking freely. I respect this completely. However, the constraints pertaining to your reluctancy to explain the REASON for your recent change of heart is not protected by any Non-Disclosure Agreement or "threat" by any corporation or law.

So I ask this...

Instead of playing the X-Files card and claiming that no ROM info was ever extracted from the "weather balloon" (despite the fact the ENTIRE F*CKING TC COMMUNITY SAW THE DAMN THING UNFOLD in Shadowmites' IRC channel), just be frank and honest with us about the reason for your recent stifling.

If Palm is pressuring you not to speak, just say, "PALM HAS INSISTED THAT I DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE INCIDENT REGARDING THEIR PRE-RELEASED PRODUCTS." And then, tell us the circumstances that surrounded this imposition. Those circumstances are not protected, as Palm nor any corporation on this planet can legally insist that you cease and desist disclosing the SIMPLE FACT that they "requested" that you shut up.

Only the intellectual property and the proprietary trade secrets of Palm's technology is protected by law, and unless you signed an agreement (or are an employee of Palm), you can always claim you "read it on the Internet" and they can't touch you.

You say the phone is back in the hands of Palm. So, this suggests that they are involved. So, were you compensated for the Treo? Threatened? And, for the sake of your own reputation in this community, WHERE DID YOU REALLY GET THIS PHONE???

Just remember Merlyn, this is a goddamn CELL PHONE, not the blueprints for a nuclear missile. Get some perspective...

At the very least, if you're paranoid, create a different TC user name, sign onto the Internet from a Starbucks or a library, and give us the REAL STORY using an alternate alias, like "King Arthur_3D."

It is people like you who are "afraid" to exercise their freedom of speech... that's the reason I got involved with law in the first place.

Set the record straight (within the constraints of your legal requirements). Otherwise, don't expect to retain any respect from the members on this board. The cat is out of the bag and he left the building. Trying to stuff him back in only makes you look wishy-washy and unreliable. Please, clear your name with the truth and the truth shall set your free.

-Rage

P.S. - Don't let my post count or registration date fool you... I've been watching this board longer than most of you have been members.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    All you amateur Sherlock Holmes types make me laugh. What else are you working on? The Lone Gunman theory? The faked moon landing? Maybe Ron and Nicoles "real killer"?

Hilarious!
    Insertion is right! We have politicians, detectives, Judith miller's(CIA Leak reporter) merlyn, Judas's (slinky).................................etc
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  7. jjd
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    The craigslist ad was posted on 2/1, over a day before Slinky's 'farce'. Could this have been planned that far back?
    skfny - can you provide a URL for the craigslist ad?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Shadow, thank you for clearing up your role in this. I missedyour post where you staed thinking something was fishy about this but I saw at least a few where you lent support to what Merlyn was saying.
    Maybe Meryln will have his Treo 700p on Oprah's Book Club tomorrrow afternoon or maybe be on Larry King and Oprah can call to defend him...
    I don't think Shadowmite meant something was fishy about the phone. I think he meant (and many of us thought) that something was fishy about Merlyn's story about buying the phone on Craigslist.

Exactly WHAT phone Merlyn had, none of us know. But Shadowmite seems absolutely convinced that it was a new palm OS device that was NOT a 650.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Great stuff. This thread has been better than any movie I've seen recently. It's had everything - suspense, surprises, twists, comedy, satire, even pathos. Shadowmite has definitely been the hero. Did Speilberg direct it?
    Don't pay for PC games that don't have a quicksave option. If developers can't be bothered, why should you?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjd
    skfny - can you provide a URL for the craigslist ad?
    here was the orginal URL (for the craiglist ad that said he had a 700p for sale and which it has been assumed Merlin got if from -- but, of course, I have no way of knowing if he really did get it from here or not) but it has been deleted by author:

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/ele/130366794.html

You can read what it used to say here:

www.palminfocenter.com/comment_view.asp?ID=8360

just scroll down or do a "find" for "Craigslist"

The guys phone number is even in his post. LOL. Hope he has disconnected it by now.
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/06/2006 at 12:35 PM.
    Dear Ed Colligan and Palm Staff,

Do you see now what happens when you cut off are Palm OS information pipeline. While you were out showing off Windows Mobile, you forgot about the Palm OS loyalist, shame on you. We were forced into this behavior!

Now be aware we have many more pre production models like Merlyns that we are holding hostage, we strongly suggest a press conference with information or else the phones get it.

Meet are demands or else..................
    So - did anyone get a screengrab of Merlin's Photos? I missed them and would love to see. If yes - pls send to mshaw1515 (at) yahoo.com

Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I don't think Shadowmite meant something was fishy about the phone. I think he meant (and many of us thought) that something was fishy about Merlyn's story about buying the phone on Craigslist.
    People keep saying that... I don't think Merlyn ever claimed to have bought it on Craigslist. If I recall correctly (I could be wrong; this has been a LONG thread.), this was speculation from many observers, but he never confirmed or denied it. He just ignored the question of where he got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    People keep saying that... I don't think Merlyn ever claimed to have bought it on Craigslist. If I recall correctly (I could be wrong; this has been a LONG thread.), this was speculation from many observers, but he never confirmed or denied it. He just ignored the question of where he got it.

Correct!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=526
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Thats "he said, she said..."

Merlyn never said anything (that I know of)

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Thats "he said, she said..."

Merlyn never said anything (that I know of)

Correct, that was my point with the link...

Hilarious!
    I agree... all of the conspiracy theories are funny
    I think the Greys took it.

It's here in the PPR with me . . . . .