Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    At least this made an exciting TC weekend. I spent more time reading this forum and playing online poker than I have in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Interesting, I'm not gonna say how we know this, but it appears merlyn3d has the actual pre-release "Ventura-Lowrider"!
    I'd be satisfied with the specs we've been discussing here. If this is the FREAKING LOWRIDER then I can't wait to see the **700P** !!!!

If this post wasn't from you Shadow, I'd be totally brushing it off. You've really got me wondering how you came to know this.
    Well, it's possible that this device he has simply shares software with the lowrider, but there is a file in the 650 which identifies it as a 650. With the device merlyn3d has, that file identifies it as a lowrider...

What this means entirely I could not say. But if this is a sign of the "least" offering, I can't wait to see the hollywood. Another possibility, this is the lowrider, and the gsm variant will be hollywood... I dunno.
    I've been eyeing this forum for a while, holidng off on my first Treo purchase until the next POS version comes out. Why do I have this gnawing feeling that when Palm announces, they'll only announce the upcoming version (700p?), but will keep tight-lipped about the follow-on models for the rest of the year (Hollywood, Lowrider)?
    Shadowmite's tidbit only muddles it at this point ... at least having facts (not truths, mind you) is better than having no info at all.
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
    Shadowmite,

What other interesting tidbits have u found in the ROM?
    Quote Originally Posted by christine
    Which means I cannot wait to hear of the top of the line Treo specs.
    Here they are!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106038

Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Is it possible this is a test device intended low end Treo for international markets? There doesn't appear to be enough advantage to this phone ever the existing 600/650 to cause people to upgrade.
    I go back to this summary:

Palm (HTC production). On early dates of the new year there has appeared the first Palm model powered by Windows Mobile OS - Palm Treo 700W communicator. According to the company the demand suppressed all expectations. The leaders of Palm turned to speak much surprisingly and unveiled their plans for the year (after a shareholder of Palm had published the info): in 2006 there will be 4 new communicators. During 6 months the Treo 700w will be exclusively manufactured for Verizon CDMA-network, and only then we see a GSM-version for the rest of the world (summer 2006). Palm Treo 700p is the same 700w, but with Palm OS Garnet and a higher quality LCD. It will be an exclusive for the US network Sprint for some period. The model under the code name Hollywood is the top of the line with the support of 3G-networks and the absence of the external antenna. It will be introduced in 2Q. And finally the last model - the budget Lowrider, the approximate price is $300. Well, we've finished with HTC products.

Is it possible that a "lowrider" file got onto this beta model -- but it is still the 700P? The specs of this device fit too nicely into a parrallel development theory with the 700W, with the Lowrider still being an under $300 budget model and the Hollywood being the upscale GSM version. . . .?

http://www.mobile-review.com/print.p...ecast-en.shtml

Cheers, Perry
    Geez, just when I thought I could start to ignore this thread and get a life again it starts to get interesting again.
    I hope the wifi card will work on this Treo.
    Jimmie Geddes
  11.    #971  
    I don't know what everyone is talking about, there is no lowrider file. Nothing was taken off the device. Any post that says there was is just idle speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I don't know what everyone is talking about, there is no lowrider file. Nothing was taken off the device. Any post that says there was is just idle speculation.
    why would shadowmite say that there was?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    How can you definitively say there is no Lowrider file? How would you know if there is or isn't a Lowrider file? Aren't you supposed to have limited or no programming/hacking experience, or is this not the case? Your reaction to this discovery is most puzzling...it's as if Shadowmite found something he wasn't supposed to... It also calls into question how you mysteriously obtained this device, and just as mysteriously "sold" it...
    Last edited by alucard; 02/05/2006 at 09:35 PM.
    Merlyn is a little unhappy about some things today, and seems to not mind placing me in a lie. I will only say I have no want to get him in further trouble and will stay out of this now.
    This is no longer Silly Season. . . . .

This is now a Soap Opera: "As the Treo Turns"

1st Slinky and now this!

PALM, please put us out of this misery!!
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/05/2006 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Merlyn is a little unhappy about some things today, and seems to not mind placing me in a lie. I will only say I have no want to get him in further trouble and will stay out of this now.
    ...what's happening here? Is Merlyn in trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I hope the wifi card will work on this Treo.
    It would be nice to finally get a wi-fi card working on a Palm OS Treo, yes! I read this model won't, though.

Doesn't it say that in this thread or the other? I'm getting confused with all the threads LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Merlyn, Shadowmite, I think the both of you have some explaining to the members of this forum whom you whipped into a frenzy over the last few days. I am beginning to think there has to be some qualifier before you can start a thread claiming to have something like this.
    You all know my statements are true. Everything said was true and accurate. If you remember my speculation that something was "fishy" with the story, well, he now wants to bury everything and have this thread deleted. I don't wish to cause him more trouble.

Merlyn3d, as I said, if you were on the level, and TRUELY bought this from a guy on craigslist, you have nothing to be fearful of. If however you lied, I can not help you and am sorry I had you do things which might cause you trouble.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Merlyn, Shadowmite, I think the both of you have some explaining to the members of this forum whom you whipped into a frenzy over the last few days. I am beginning to think there has to be some qualifier before you can start a thread claiming to have something like this.

I respect Shadowmite's statement that he is now going to stay out of this, if there is any explaining to do -- it is by Merlyn, the original poster of this thread.

Okay, Shadowmite answered before I did and said exactly what I felt would be the case.

The specifications revealed are true, with just the "lowrider twist." The rest of the story can wait for Paul Harvey.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/05/2006 at 10:13 PM.