Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Sorry Bartveld: I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EV-DO is available in my town.
    Double the memory is great.
    32Fat capability(if it is confirmed) gives us greater than 2GB SD cards! (This is my iPod.)
    1.3 camera (if it has the same lower light capability as the 650's) is great.
    Who gives a rip about the antenna? (It gives me handle to pull the Treo from my belt clip pouch.)
    Better Bluetooth may also be on board.

Cheers, Perry.
    Now Perry if they can give us the AD2P (I think that is the specification) so we could use it as an Ipod. I currently use I-muffs with my Ipod! I was surprised that in the forum it indicated that Meryln was using his with a Scala BT headset. I had called Palm a couple of weeks ago and they stated the the 700W did not support making calls using the BT headset. We receive them ok with the Treo 650's. I have the Parrot rythm n blue car radio and it works as adverstised. (and works wells)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Guys, let's not be too hard on slinky. But slinky, you'd be better off just leaving well enough alone and talking about other things, rather than trying to continue to defend your actions.

As for this device...I'm going to switch to rant mode. Assuming it's for real and what we're seeing accurately reflects what will actually be sold on Sprint (soon?), I'm not liking the following...

1) New button layout. It's got the same number and placement of buttons as the 650, so there was no need for them to rearrange them unless they really came up with a better idea as to how/where they should be placed. I'm not seeing that. I'm seeing buttons moved around in ways that are worse than the 650's button placement. What I would have done is to merge the Phone, Home, and Calendar buttons into a single Phone/Home button (where the Phone button currently is on the 650). It would launch an improved Phone app that has the day's events (a la the Agenda view on the Calendar app) as well as quick-launch (a la Treo 600) using the directional pad to three commonly used apps with the down-press going to the full Application view.

2) Phone app. It looks unchanged from the 650. I thought the Phone app on the 600 was better than the 650. I had hoped they would have *at least* seen the error in their ways and switched back to the quick-launch functionality that the 600 had and/or incorporated a new Phone app similar to the 700w's. In short, I'm not seeing much evidence of *any* software improvements. But that's where I'm hoping that this is a preproduction model and the real devices will have some software surprises.

3) Camera. Whoop-de-doo, it's more megapixels than the 650's. But it looks like it may have the same craptacular PQ as the 700w's (which, IMO, looks worse than the 650's).

In short...does it really take over a year to come out with a new device that's just got minimal improvements (and some steps backward) as compared to the 650?

Now am I saying I won't buy one? Sadly, I probably will. While there's much about my 650 that I'd love to change, it's still the best device out there right now for me, and the promise of Ev-DO in this new device is probably too compelling for me to forego.
    I have to agree with Scott on this one... IMO I think this is a legidimate phone after reading through this thread but will it be the final production phone that we see at Sprint... I have to say I doubt it.
    can you please tell us:
    1)Hows the keyboard? are the keys oval like in the 650 or squarish like in the 700? Any other changes to it?
    2) Any luck testing email?
    3)Can you hear .wav files using a2dp? Voice commands on a BT headset?
    4) Whats the actual memory available for use?
    Yes, I do care, but I can wait until the Palm over Linux Treo is released in December of 2007 for multi-tasking.

(Having to re-buy software for the 700W trumps multitasking for me.)

Cheers, Perry

Perry, do you think it will take two years for linux version of Palm? The way technology is flying; that is a long wait (unless Windows make their OS easier to use). I cannot see us waiting that long. It would behove Access to get it out sooner!
    If they can add video streaming and maybe VOIP on the PalmOS, I don't see why I have to get a "true" multitasking OS.

MacOS9 was a better work OS to me than the win98se.

FrankenGarnet 4evr! ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    The Treo 650 was leaked about 2.5 - 3 months before the offical annoucement from Palm... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Timmay

I think the first reports on the Treo 650 were in about April or May of 2004 and we got in in Nov of 2004
    Just got back from traveling. What did I miss?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    With the 700W and 700P somewhat covered -- I go back to the Sagio Report:

Hollywood and Lowrider.

Here is some recent speculation by Andrew at Treonauts:
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2006/02/treo_hollywood_.html
    --snip--

2. If April release is a correct speculation -- this product is probably already in or very close to production. (ocean freight = 3-4 weeks from the Orient to stores) Any significant changes based on our input here, would be hard to impelement.
    It's been a while since I've been here. This was a loooong thread!

My anecdotal comment (more grist for the mill)...

A co-worker went to the Sprint store last week and bought a 650. She was asked several times by the sales rep if she was sure she didn't want to wait for the newer model -- it would be released on April 1st.

I asked my co-worker whether that was the Windows or Palm OS model and she said she was told both would be available.
    Someone asked about Apple making a smartphone... here's a thought....

Since Steve Jobs is selling Pixar to Disney, might he take some of the money and either buy or heavily invest in Palm- - - No evidence for this- just a thought. It may not be possible anyway- as I think Jobs is not getting cash for selling Pixar, but is instead becoming the Mouse's largest stockholder.

What changes would we see in Palm if this did for some reason happen?

Lots of posts asking us what the flashing Apple logo in the corner is for?
    - - -
    All the best- Merlyn, for all the excitement...
    Is it official that you have sold the 700P??

Thanks for your work, Shadowmite... I hope your interest in the 700W doesn't mean we will lose one of our best Palm OS hackers!

And don't be too hard on them, everyone, if they can't answer your specific questions... we just have to wait a bit longer for it's official release- some things may change from this preproduction model. I will have to wait to see if the taxicab is there, a small request, but one that would continue a Palm tradition. It was fun, all!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    perhaps you should add a spellchecker to that list
    Okay, play nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by arielmt
    It's been a while since I've been here. This was a loooong thread!

My anecdotal comment (more grist for the mill)...

A co-worker went to the Sprint store last week and bought a 650. She was asked several times by the sales rep if she was sure she didn't want to wait for the newer model -- it would be released on April 1st.

I asked my co-worker whether that was the Windows or Palm OS model and she said she was told both would be available.
    That makes no sense. These people are on commission. They would never suggest to someone to wait...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

after reading thru all this, none of the pic links work. anyone re up so i can see?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Is this the longest thread or what?!
    Yeah we all waiting to hit up the #1000 post.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Yeah we all waiting to hit up the #1000 post.
    After the way messages were flying through here on Friday evening, I thought we'd already be there!
    what do you mean it is production ,where did you buy it?ss
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    after reading thru all this, none of the pic links work. anyone re up so i can see?
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8358
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    That makes no sense. These people are on commission. They would never suggest to someone to wait...
    I've done it before and I manage a Sprint store. They can only make commission on new activations anyway. Sometimes you have to look out for your customer. They'll thank you for it.
    OK time for a little game ..................Find the difference in these 700P pictures?

http://www.pdamexico.net/content/view/1969/

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    OK time for a little game ..................Find the difference in these 700P pictures?

http://www.pdamexico.net/content/view/1969/

Well the GPS indicators are in different places and they have email in Mexico. Did I win?!?