Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    My prediction for April: expect a flood of 'what is this flashing golden bell icon' posts
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    LOL

Snowflake posts was my answer in the "Scariest thing You Ever Saw" thread. . . . .
    Re: NC EV-DO coverage, Raleigh does have EV-DO...had the PPC-6700, couldn't stand it...so I went back to the Treo 650. Got so used to the one-handed operation, having to slide out the keyboard to type was a PIA. Like the 650 when it first came out, had to do all kinds of registry hacks, install software, etc just to enable the PPC-6700 to work like you want. Love the Palm, so I'll probably camp out when the Treo 700p is released!

Asheville is great! There's a great Indian restaurant right in the center of town...at least I enjoyed it when I was there on vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    LOL

Snowflake posts was my answer in the "Scariest thing You Ever Saw" thread. . . . .
    perry come back with me to the pink room...
  5.    #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by makismd
    my interest in the new 700p would be
    1. bt stear headset support
    2. more stabe
    3. more memory and support for 4g cards
    4. evdo
    5.my biggest wish would be smaller and more sleek phone(would pay 700 bucks if it had this)
    perhaps you should add a spellchecker to that list
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    perhaps you should add a spellchecker to that list
    You're still here? Sweet!
    Questions:
    1. Accessories? Are they the same as the 650? Power charger, hot sync, battery???
    2. Did you get a chance to use with BT headset? Any static?
    3.Did it give you a "tingly, happy" feeling to own one? Even briefly?

That's all for now.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I think I remember reading in one of the earlier posts -- that it was the same charger and such. . . .
    I think I remember reading in one of the earlier posts -- that it was the same charger and such. . . .

YAY! SAME! YAY!

It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    So hell did freeze over? Thought it was starting to feel a little cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    So hell did freeze over? Thought it was starting to feel a little cold.

Saw Satan at the airport earlier today. Kept grumbling about "damn Palm engineers". Then said he'd be in Haiti if we needed him.
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Saw Satan at the airport earlier today. Kept grumbling about "damn Palm engineers". Then said he'd be in Haiti if we needed him.
    Now that's funny! I don't care who you are.
    Must be meeting "a certain lawyer we know" for a little R&R after a busy week.
    Garnet can go to Hades. Call me when there's a non-Windows, multi-tasking Treo. Damn, why can't Apple make a mobile OS?
  14.    #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    You're still here? Sweet!
    Questions:
    1. Accessories? Are they the same as the 650? Power charger, hot sync, battery???
    2. Did you get a chance to use with BT headset? Any static?
    3.Did it give you a "tingly, happy" feeling to own one? Even briefly?

That's all for now.
    1. this question isn't relavent because it doesn't come packaged with anything the actual production version would come with.
    2. No static that i could hear unless I tested the limits of BT range
    3. It still tingles.
    Merlyn_3D, thank you for sharing everything with us. If it was me I would have hid in a closet with it for a week just having fun before telling anyone else. You were under an incredible onslaught for awhile there, your patience is incredible.

This was almost as much fun as actually getting the phone (almost). Can't wait for the first in-hand leaked Hollywood.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Merlyn_3D, thank you for sharing everything with us. If it was me I would have hid in a closet with it for a week just having fun before telling anyone else. You were under an incredible onslaught for awhile there, your patience is incredible.

This was almost as much fun as actually getting the phone (almost). Can't wait for the first in-hand leaked Hollywood.
    Yes Merlyn, thanks for coming out of the closet.
    Quote Originally Posted by makismd
    Hardly ever post on here but could it be possible that palm wanted all this info about the 700p out so that it could get a feel from people like us if we approved or like it. I mean somebody at palm could get alot of info from boards like this about future sales and what features might be important. maybe they will make some improvements before the actual release???
    Maybe they let out preliminary info about a 700p that has less feature than what they plan to release because we would be so pleasantly surprised!!
    that would be a great marketing tool i think. i might be full of crap too. any feedback would be appreciated. i currently use the 650 and love it and have had the same one since 12/2004 with out much problems. i love reverse dun,mp3, and flexibility of palm os

I hope that add the wifi support but that may be a mute point as long as we are in a EVDO area??
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    I hope that add the wifi support but that may be a mute point as long as we are in a EVDO area??
    For some people, they may avoid signing up for a high cost data plan if they had wifi access in their most frequented places (home, work, their favorite coffeeshop). Monthly cost savings/access point availability may make wifi more important for some people.
    Why is Doom's question not relavent? Are you saying you hae no charger at all? I think his question was if the 650 hotsync cable or charger works with what you have.
    Exactly Jim!!

There is always chance for change -- but to have a unit this far down the pike -- reduces the chance for substantial change. I would be very surprised if there were major deviations from what has been found here -- especially if you consider a parallel development path with the 700W.

Cheers, Perry.
    What are the chances that we will get wifi support? They will able to hack it some on the 650 why not the 700P