Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1245
  1. #881  
    What do you guys think of this picture?

    http://www.pdamexico.net/content/view/1969/

    Think a Mexican guy brought it off Merlyn?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #882  
    hey, since palm can't multitask, does that mean that you can't run ptunes and listen to music while you are surfing the net or checking email?
  3. gjlowe's Avatar
    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #883  
    you actually can....some apps can RUN in the background, but you can't have a true multitasking environment where you can switch between apps seemlessly.
  4. karlz's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #884  
    More photos of it PLEASE - we need to be able to print these and put them on the walls

    Karl
    www.justsayok.net
  5. #885  
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Sorry if this has been posted but it has been hard to keep up. This has a pic of the 700P that I have not seen before. Found this from an engadget poster:

    PDA Mexico

    Anyone know Spanish?

    Edit:
    Here is a translation from Google:

    According to an external collaborator of PDAMéxico, the equipment of above could be the new Treo. Before the wave of rumors and possible or impossible characteristics that are handled, we will not publish the characteristics that the collaborator says has the "probable equipment".... Its consideration has left Only the registered users can write commentaries. Please valídate or regístrate.
    If it's legit, it's apparently a different 700p from Merlyn's... Sprint logo is straight, the phone icon is solid, and there's no menu button at all.
  6. #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    What do you guys think of this picture?

    http://www.pdamexico.net/content/view/1969/

    Think a Mexican guy brought it off Merlyn?

    Why is the screen date 3/2/2006? Day, Month, Year?
  7. #887  
    Also, the location cross hair icon is in a different spot. The one from Mexico is like ours, where the one here on TC is furthur right.
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  8. #888  
    Sorry, I meant like our 650s. (I can't edit now, I'm on my 650)
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  9. #889  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Why is the screen date 3/2/2006? Day, Month, Year?
    It's probably formatted to Mexico. Its really the 3rd of Feb. (3/2/2006 instead of 2/3/2006)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #890  
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Sorry if this has been posted but it has been hard to keep up. This has a pic of the 700P that I have not seen before. Found this from an engadget poster:

    PDA Mexico

    Anyone know Spanish?

    Edit:
    Here is a translation from Google:

    According to an external collaborator of PDAMéxico, the equipment of above could be the new Treo. Before the wave of rumors and possible or impossible characteristics that are handled, we will not publish the characteristics that the collaborator says has the "probable equipment".... Its consideration has left Only the registered users can write commentaries. Please valídate or regístrate.
    Wow....that isn't the one I took either. The only difference I see is that the right shift key is a shift key, not the hw menu key.

    EDIT: if others are getting these preproduction units, then it's likely palm is hoping to have this mass histeria on the net about the 700p, I would be surprised if they're not aware of just how many users are anticipating this phone.
  11. #891  
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe
    All due respect, you probably shouldn't post that...
    With all due respect, I dont support all of this hiding info stuff unless Merlyn is facing legal action from someone. Thats about the only point where I would agree it is OK to ask users to remove info. If all he is trying to do is get more money by selling it, and this is a condition of the sale, I cant support it. Sorry Merlyn, nothing personal
  12. #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    If it's legit, it's apparently a different 700p from Merlyn's... Sprint logo is straight, the phone icon is solid, and there's no menu button at all.
    Actually, this Mexican one looks more like a fraud than Merlyn's. Like someone took a shot of a 700W, displayed an image of a 650 screen capture, and photoshopped in a few of the changes from Merlyn's shots. No menu button? I don't believe that for a second.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  13. #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    That would be the reason I plan to buy a 700w for sprint once available.

    Do you perfer windows over the palm platform? If so is this only because of the multitasking or are there other considerations?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  14. Lee B's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    #894  
    Google's translation is pretty good. Here's one that may be a little clearer:

    “According to an outside colleague of PDAMexico, the device above could be the new Treo. In the face of the wave of rumors and possible or impossible features it might have, we’re not going to publish the features that our colleague says it might have. We’ll leave it to your consideration.”

    And it's triggering some of the same observations and questions we've seen here. Here's one poster's response:

    "O.K., let’s take it in parts:

    *The device looks real.
    *If it is real, where’s the menu button?
    *I read in Palm addicts that the image in an earlier post was a hoax. Couldn’t this be the same?
    *With the respected role that pdamexico plays, I don’t doubt that someone really sent the image above.
    *If it turns out to be real, I ask on behalf of those who want a similar device, is there a release date for Mexico?"
  15. #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe
    you actually can....some apps can RUN in the background, but you can't have a true multitasking environment where you can switch between apps seemlessly.
    That's not quite true, either. The Palm OS supports what used to be called cooperative multi-tasking. The apps have to be written to relinguish control when requested, and hold onto what they were doing so they can start up again when needed.

    The WM OS supports pre-emptive multi-processing, where the OS actually handles switching between apps.

    In my real world use, the only real impact from the limited multitasking on my 650 is that I can't start a page download in Blazer have it continue downloading while I check my calender, make a call, etc. But when I switch from email to memos and back to email, I don't have to relaunch the email app from the beginning. It takes me right back to the page I was on. Same for most WELL WRITTEN palm apps. That's good enough for typical PDA use.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  16. #896  
    My apologies to Merlyn and Shadowmite...like I said, I wasn't present in the IRC chat last night, I was just misinterpreting the authentication process that was happening for this device. I saw ROM dump, I thought it had happened.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
  17. #897  
    Hardly ever post on here but could it be possible that palm wanted all this info about the 700p out so that it could get a feel from people like us if we approved or like it. I mean somebody at palm could get alot of info from boards like this about future sales and what features might be important. maybe they will make some improvements before the actual release???
    Maybe they let out preliminary info about a 700p that has less feature than what they plan to release because we would be so pleasantly surprised!!
    that would be a great marketing tool i think. i might be full of crap too. any feedback would be appreciated. i currently use the 650 and love it and have had the same one since 12/2004 with out much problems. i love reverse dun,mp3, and flexibility of palm os
  18. #898  
    Quote Originally Posted by makismd
    Hardly ever post on here but could it be possible that palm wanted all this info about the 700p out so that it could get a feel from people like us if we approved or like it. I mean somebody at palm could get alot of info from boards like this about future sales and what features might be important. maybe they will make some improvements before the actual release???
    Maybe they let out preliminary info about a 700p that has less feature than what they plan to release because we would be so pleasantly surprised!!
    that would be a great marketing tool i think. i might be full of crap too. any feedback would be appreciated. i currently use the 650 and love it and have had the same one since 12/2004 with out much problems. i love reverse dun,mp3, and flexibility of palm os
    1. History seemingly says they do not listen to TreoCentral posters -- "We are power users" -- and they are configuring the Treo to the "masses."

    2. If April release is a correct speculation -- this product is probably already in or very close to production. (ocean freight = 3-4 weeks from the Orient to stores) Any significant changes based on our input here, would be hard to impelement.


    Cheers, Perry
  19. #899  
    that makes sense
  20. #900  
    my interest in the new 700p would be
    1. bt stear headset support
    2. more stabe
    3. more memory and support for 4g cards
    4. evdo
    5.my biggest wish would be smaller and more sleek phone(would pay 700 bucks if it had this)

Posting Permissions