Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Could someone from Palm have purchased it to try to put it back under wraps?
    I think the opposite...forums, leaks, etc. are an entire new way of grassroots marketing. Look at the buzz this has generated! And Palm hasn't had to spend anything less than a preproduction model of their new Treo!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Ah.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian studen
    It's Not Taken With A Treo It's Taken With A 6700
    Quite possibly someone associate with Sprint or Palm. But the buzz and free initial tech support has been great for Palm and Sprint. Very sneaky if you ask me and very smart if it were the case.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe
    I think the opposite...forums, leaks, etc. are an entire new way of grassroots marketing. Look at the buzz this has generated! And Palm hasn't had to spend anything less than a preproduction model of their new Treo!
    True, true
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    Merlyn's 700p was sold for a rediculous sum to someone who wants no more pictures posted etc. Could someone from Palm have purchased it to try to put it back under wraps?

But it's too late for that. The pics are already out there. In fact, I'm quite suprised no one has leaked the pics posted on the irc last night as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    In that case I hope we can still benefit more from this with more, detailed information leaked from the new buyer
    This may be a bit pre-mature in asking, but what are the chances of putting 700p drivers/BT stacks/whatever to good use in the 650? If Shadowmite has indeed received a ROM dump, I don't see why something couldn't be worked out...granted my programming knowledge is very limited. Also, I hope I'm not just repeating something from the IRC last night...I couldn't attend. Some of us had to be at work at 630 AM today.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    I agree to a point. They love the buzz, but they also love to have control over when information gets out. If there's too much buzz about the 700p, sales of the 650 will suffer.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Quite possibly someone associate with Sprint or Palm. But the buzz and free initial tech support has been great for Palm and Sprint. Very sneaky if you ask me and very smart if it were the case.
    I won't give them the credit for being that smart :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    I agree to a point. They love the buzz, but they also love to have control over when information gets out. If there's too much buzz about the 700p, sales of the 650 will suffer.
    I tend to think it's guerrilla marketing as well and could easily be a timed release per the overall marketing plan. If true, Palm might have underestimated what Merlin3D/shadowmite/others could do to get the info out.

Given the 700w is already out, it seems concern over 650 sales would be moot. If anything, that's the interesting bit - less than a month later, we have news about the 700p. If Palm sees the target market as OS agnostic, they might worry the 700p coming so soon might confuse potential customers and take away 700w sales. On the other hand, they may have done it to appease their loyal customer base (being most of us).
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    But it's too late for that. The pics are already out there. In fact, I'm quite suprised no one has leaked the pics posted on the irc last night as well...

yea i'm totally surprised none of us has leaked it yet. but we all promised, didnt' we?

like i said, the pic is in my private masturbation collection lol
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Without releasing the chat pics, can someone at least say what they depicted, or would that also violate the agreement?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    TMI.. I hope you use a screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee

Collection of what? Do you bottle up your spooge and save it?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Without releasing the chat pics, can someone at least say what they depicted, or would that also violate the agreement?
    I don't think it would be a violation of the agreement to say that they showed the front of the 700p, including the keys at the bottom that had been chopped off in the previous pictures...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Collection of what? Do you bottle up your spooge and save it?
    Heh. He said, "spooge."
    My pics are for sale...................$10,000........Sike.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    I don't think it would be a violation of the agreement to say that they showed the front of the 700p, including the keys at the bottom that had been chopped off in the previous pictures...

Also, the first pic was kinda blurry and shot in the dark. Apparently Merlyn was with his drunk girlfriend....well you use you imagination...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    They were of the front, shoung the menu button etc.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    also showed the usage of the backlit keyboard