Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    The originals without watermarks are here: http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    It took me well over an hour to get here. and all because I didnt check lastnite before bed. I saw the links but that site where the were posted before engadhet didnt work for me. I kept getting main page.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Thanx for the link.. now I get to drool till VZW gets it
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    Thanx for the link.. now I get to drool till VZW gets it
    Put some shrink wrap over your keyboard.
    As for Blackberry Connect:

There may be a way to identify its presence in ROM, but it has been stated that the functionality would be integrated into Versamail (merely a checkbox, supposedly).
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    good idea..
    Well, I believe and cant wait..

now for the conspiracy theory...
    I'm guessing Palm leaked this on purpose so Shadowmite and crew could fix and create what they couldn't
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I believe it - why the heck not?

I wish the fella' who posted the photo would also write up some DETAILS on what the unit HAS and what it DOESN'T have??!@

He lists this:Merlyn from the Treocentral forums just posted pics of what he claims to be the Treo 700p.

**UPDATE**He says the Treo has EVDO. It has pTunes, Sprint TV, Docs to Go 8, Blazer 4.5 in ROM. 62.8M of free space to install programs. Screen is 320x320, camera max resolution is 1280x1024.

UI is very fast, faster than the Treo 650.

MORE DETAILS!
    Last edited by karlz; 02/04/2006 at 11:37 AM.
    damm, read the whole thing and didnt get to see the original pics. that is what i get for actually working yesterday, unlije you loafers.

why would someone want to spend 1,800 for this now. the cat is out of the bag, cant control it now.

im happy for u perry.

we gsm users will still have to wait for out phone.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Okay... here is a brief synopsis of the stuff I was able to write down from the irm chat before my crappy computer crashed on me. Working with shadowmite, Merlyn was able to dump the entire Rom off the 700p and send it to shadowmite who able to confirm the new rom! It pretty crazy, but these guys are gonna hack the 700p even before it gets released!!!

Also, here some interesting facts so far as per reported over on shadowmite irc chat. Note all info below was posted in the chat:

-312 MHz Xscale CPU
    -Palm OS 5.4.9
    -BT spec unverifiable, BT 1.2? not sure
    -1.3MP camera
    -320x320 screen
    -FAT32 driver support
    -EVDO radio
    -can receive call while on 1xEvDo, but cannot call and browse at the same time (limitation of 1xEvDo)
    -new web like picture album interface, new facelift for alblum and pic apps
    -menu key moved to bottom left shift spot
    -LudusW-like sms after call functionality
    -was able to make receive call via Scala 500 BT headset
    -flashing asterix replaced by little golden bell icon
    -green button is talk button, phone button for contacts
    -new "fast mode" in blazer
    -No WiFi drivers installed and no ability to test a WiFi SD card
    -HUGE NEW DBCACHE SIZE!! >> 10MB!!!!

Meminfo results:
    Flash total size: 64,336
    Flash free minus couple apps installed: 54,172
    NVFS dbCache size: 18,431
    Dynamic heap: 10,240

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $first$ $NVFS$ $device$ $with$ $more$ $than$ $10MB$ $dbcache$!

Anyhow, that's a brief synopsis...

P.S. Also two new pics were revealed that have NOT been posted on this thread and will not be shared.
    One little change. The Phone iconed button takes you to the phone app. The green button is send and the red end/power.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by clevewaterman
    What happened to the "option" hardware button? Is it a quick push of the power button?

If I am paying Sprint $15 a month for data now, how much will I have to pay for EVDO (or whatever Sprint calls it)?

Is the reception/voice quality a lot better?
    He said last night the option button is Voice Memo button. Hold down to record and stops when you let go.

He also said the reception etc was improved.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    One of the posters at Engadget pointed something out that's fairly interesting, and I can't get my Mensa-rated mind around:

Why would the reflection of the Treo taking the picture have the antenna on the right?.

I know Shadowmite confirmed, but, I'm stumped here…
    It's Not Taken With A Treo It's Taken With A 6700
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Requested a new forum for the 700P.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106349
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian studen
    It's Not Taken With A Treo It's Taken With A 6700
    Bingo!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ok I feel like the kid who walks into the party and everyone is already passed out and the plastic cups are littering the lawn.
    I guess everyone is sleeping from being up all nite.
    so Merlyn sold the 700p?
    Shadow got the Rom image..
    now what? wait til the carriers say here it is?
    I wonder if anything they got from the rom imaage will help our 650s get us by till this baby hits the market.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I would get the 700p in a second if I could get EV-DO in my area. Alas, I cannot, making the upgrade not really worth it to me. I am also not pleased with the button rearrangement. The home and menu buttons are exactly where I want them on the 650. The stability is almost enough to get me to upgrade, but I want Power Vision! Does anyone know where I can find informtion about when it will be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    The reason why I think they made the button change layout (menu at bottom and green and red phone at top) is because the treo users (who are not power users) simply never use the menu button, when I show it to them they are totally unaware of what it does. Therefore, I think that is a wise move to make it easier for novices(prosumers and business) to use.
    I have to say that "dumbing down" a device's layout for the purpose of making it easier for novices is not a good direction to go in. I look around and see too many people with fancy devices and barely a clue as to using 90% of the functionality. IMHO, if they can't figure the device out then they should go and get a Nokia and not bother with a Treo. I feel it is better to go in the direction of stretching the device's functionality rather than cater to the masses.

Having said that, I think it is wise to use standard buttons like green & red on/off buttons just becuase that is so common. I'm also not sure that the location of that menu button would be all that bad as long as it is within easy thumb reach...

Thanks for the post and info.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I hope that Shadowmite will be able to confirm or deny whether we will be able to use a bluetooth stereo headset with the 700p, now that he has the ROM. That is one feature I really hope it will have. I will be so disappointed when I find out it doesn't have it.

Shadowmite, what can you tell us?
    Some (including Slinky, the weasel) have hypothesized that merlyn's 700p is a deliberate leak from Palm to combat Slinky's supposed 800p sighting. I find that very hard to believe. However, something just occured to me when I took a long enough break from reading this to actually take a shower:

Merlyn's 700p was sold for a rediculous sum to someone who wants no more pictures posted etc. Could someone from Palm have purchased it to try to put it back under wraps?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    Some (including Slinky, the weasel) have hypothesized that merlyn's 700p is a deliberate leak from Palm to combat Slinky's supposed 800p sighting. I find that very hard to believe. However, something just occured to me when I took a long enough break from reading this to actually take a shower:

Merlyn's 700p was sold for a rediculous sum to someone who wants no more pictures posted etc. Could someone from Palm have purchased it to try to put it back under wraps?
    Quite possible... I would have wanted to sell it for a lot more if that were the case... maybe he was getting threats from Palm to cease and desist(sp?)