Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1245
  1. #781  
    My opinion for what it's worth (which isn't much) - I probably will go with the 700p when available. So far I've had a 300, 600 and 650. All were good devices in there time; but I always seem to have to have the latest and greatest. EVDO and more memory are the two items that stand out the most for me. These two are enough to cause me to upgrade. I was very interested in the 700w, because I'm one of those who does like WM. But no way could I go to 240x240. I use TCPMP to watch movies all the time and I love the 650's screen. I did look at the 6700 and actually tried one out, but it's just too quirky and I really missed the 650's ease of use. Plus I couldn't live without Chatter.

    Also, I was at a local Sprint store this morning. The CSR I was talking to said they would get the 700w before the end of March, but he hadn't heard anything at all about a 700p.
  2. #782  
    thank god, it actually exists... I was gonna give in, and go the wm5 route. (a move I was not looking fwd to)
    HTC Touch Pro
  3. #783  
    I may have missed it, but how large is the ROM image? To have Docs to Go, it must be huge. Unless they only put the docstogo.prc like we do now with our custom ROM's.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    thank god, it actually exists... I was gonna give in, and go the wm5 route. (a move I was not looking fwd to)
    I could still go that way if they updated the screen on the 700W, 240x240 is a downgrade for me.
  5. #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    The reason why I think they made the button change layout (menu at bottom and green and red phone at top) is because the treo users (who are not power users) simply never use the menu button, when I show it to them they are totally unaware of what it does. Therefore, I think that is a wise move to make it easier for novices(prosumers and business) to use.

    At first I did not like the idea, but now it makes more sense to me. I got used to it on the older treos, can do it again.

    I want to know more about the software enhancements. EVDO and software enhancements will urge me to upgrade to this device. I hope I can just wait at least a day or two after it becomes available.
    Maybe they should just give more hardware bottons to Blazer so I don't have to go menu B manu V menu R all the god damn time!
  6. #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    More stability.
    So with a large dbcache, do all, most, or just some of the 650's stability problems go away?
  7. #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    It just seems to me that there are dozens of ways Merlyn could have proved the device is real aside from dumping the rom and having Shadowmite confirm there are new files. While I, and I'm sure most here, believe Shadowmite, doesn't that still leave room for skepticism? Irrefutable proof would be SO EASY. It just makes me wonder why that has been avoided.

    Either way, it's a ho hum device in my opinion anyway. My 650 is very stable. I have no memory issues. And I use GSM, so EVDO is a non factor as well. But it doesn't leave much hope for a big leap forward in a new device. Oh well....fun thread nonetheless.
    I think the way it was done was the best proof. With video or photos people would be screaming FAKE. In fact thats what happened with the 700w. Although I do agree that I would like a side by side comparison to see possible differences in size.

    As for a hohum device, what more could you have asked for? It has EVDO, and that should excite even a GSM user. It means that most likely when the GSM version is out that it will support EDGE. They didnt downgrade the screen, which some expected due to the 700w. They didnt downgrade the memory which is what we experienced going from 600 -> 650. It sounds like it is as fast as the 600 was making calls and switching apps.

    Merlyn reported that its stable and the calls sound clear, which is more then we could say for the 600 & 650 when they came out. Fat32 is spported so 4G should be possible.

    AND....

    Most importantly they ditched Realplayer and included pTunes.

    Basically from the majority complaint list they got everything. All that is missing is:
    Wifi - Will mostlikely be upgradable via card
    128mb - total internal storage, which many can do without.
    Internal Antenna - Id rather have external then a larger device to give them room to cram it in.



    And keep in mind...some of us are wating with 600s
  8. #788  
    Engadget is running another story on this, updating the specs and sayings it pretty much confirmed now.
  9. #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    It just seems to me that there are dozens of ways Merlyn could have proved the device is real aside from dumping the rom and having Shadowmite confirm there are new files. While I, and I'm sure most here, believe Shadowmite, doesn't that still leave room for skepticism? Irrefutable proof would be SO EASY. It just makes me wonder why that has been avoided.
    If he's got the real deal, and I think he does, his main interest is not in proving it to you or anyone else.
  10. #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    gfunkmagic,

    Thanks for the synopsis. Can you, Shadowmite or Meryln give any info regarding BlackBerry Connect? I know that Sprint released info last year saying that they would release this capability 1st quarter. Any info you could provide would be great! Thanks guys!

    NO mention of BB connect. Only app in rom afaikafaikafaik $were$ $DTG8$, $Ptunes$ $3$.$09$. $and$ $SprintTV$...$similar$ $to$ $other$ $Palm$ $pdas$...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. #791  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    I think the way it was done was the best proof. With video or photos people would be screaming FAKE. In fact thats what happened with the 700w. Although I do agree that I would like a side by side comparison to see possible differences in size.

    As for a hohum device, what more could you have asked for? It has EVDO, and that should excite even a GSM user. It means that most likely when the GSM version is out that it will support EDGE. They didnt downgrade the screen, which some expected due to the 700w. They didnt downgrade the memory which is what we experienced going from 600 -> 650. It sounds like it is as fast as the 600 was making calls and switching apps.

    Merlyn reported that its stable and the calls sound clear, which is more then we could say for the 600 & 650 when they came out. Fat32 is spported so 4G should be possible.

    AND....

    Most importantly they ditched Realplayer and included pTunes.

    Basically from the majority complaint list they got everything. All that is missing is:
    Wifi - Will mostlikely be upgradable via card
    128mb - total internal storage, which many can do without.
    Internal Antenna - Id rather have external then a larger device to give them room to cram it in.



    And keep in mind...some of us are wating with 600s
    Photos are easily faked, videos are nowhere near as easy...depending on what the video actually contains. Also, screenshots from the device could easily be faked, but would definitely help to calm the masses.

    Isn't EDGE already available on the 650 for GSM users???

    Yes, fat32 would be cool, but not a huge draw, at least for me. I have plenty of space on my card as it is. Unless you want to keep a bunch of movies on your phone I just don't see it as more than a "nice to have".

    I already own and use ptunes...and can remove real player if it really bothered me that it was there. Ho Hum.

    It appears to be just a few minor upgrades. Sure, it would be a jump for 600 users, but for 650 users, I don't see a huge reason for the upgrade. Of course, this is all very subjective, so others will definitely see this all differently than I. And we'd all be right.
    Last edited by ExtraOrdinaryJo; 02/04/2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: typos
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  12. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #792  
    What part of Shadows forum is the discussion. I cant find it
  13. #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    If he's got the real deal, and I think he does, his main interest is not in proving it to you or anyone else.
    Fair enough. I already said I believed it, i was just pointing out that a skeptic could still say it's a hoax. An academic point....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  14. #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    What part of Shadows forum is the discussion. I cant find it
    It was in a live chat, not the discussion forum...in other words, it's not there for you to find.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  15. #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjesusfreak01
    Yes, but he said 62+ right after a hard reset. On a normal NVFS device, like a TX (I have one), you do a hard reset, and ROM (Intel Strataflash, I believe) apps are loaded into RAM (NAND Flash). Immediately after the reset, you lose something like 10MB. In the 700p, you dont lose this, meaning that the memory architexture is probably different. It may use NOR flash memory, that lets you read from ROM, though not run from ROM (It can RA read, but it cant RA write). We'll have to see. I am sure the truth will be revealed soon.
    Yeah, I was wondering about that too... On the TX, the OS is also supposedly stored on teh on a strata flash chip (nor flash) but still copies the image into the ram cache. If true, thsi rumored 700p dropps that step and uses the whole ram for cache and program heap. That may be the blueprint for all new NVFS devices...who knows...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #796  
    so its gone now?
  17. #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    so its gone now?
    Unless someone copied the transcript and is willing to post it....yes.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  18. #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Shadow might have the transcript, Merlyn did post a picture in this thread. Also, the reason, from my understanding, that there isnt more pics is because he got an offer to buy it. The buyer wanted the pics kept to a minimal so he could sell the pics.
    Yes there were two additional pics shared in the irc chat last night and are NOT posted here...but all users were asked not to share them...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/04/2006 at 11:34 AM.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #799  
    I havent even been able to see the original pix.. Id be happy w/ watermarked ones.
  20. #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    I havent even been able to see the original pix.. Id be happy w/ watermarked ones.
    They are in this thread. Also posted elsewhere, like on engadget.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein

Posting Permissions