Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    wow, i might drop cingular and get with sprint for this!!

(Hope it gets released prior 6/30/06 as that is when SERO plan is no longer active)
    My god. this is the first time I read a thread from first post to last without getting bored

Now I'm just tired

What does the larger dbcahe accomplish?

Also, what's the deal on accessories? Will the 650 connector and batteries be compatible? I'm thinking of getting the Seidio 2400 MAH battery and want to be sure I can use iton the 700p.

Now I need to get some sleep...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    gfunkmagic,

Thanks for the synopsis. Can you, Shadowmite or Meryln give any info regarding BlackBerry Connect? I know that Sprint released info last year saying that they would release this capability 1st quarter. Any info you could provide would be great! Thanks guys!
    My 2¢, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
    Did anyone ever get a good dslreports.com test from this? If so, how does it compare to the 700w?

I'll probably get it just for the Ev-DO, but as someone who gets very worked up about usability issues, I'm really annoyed about them moving the menu button back to the bottom. I'll have to make a hack to swap the button functionality around unless someone else beats me to it.

So to the guy claiming to have one and/or work in a Sprint store...if you know anything about the official release date, speak up!
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Ive heard 310 kb/sec again at shadowmite's irc channel.

Surur
    Good Morning, WOW what a wild night, just to add from what I remeber was when a call comes in you have the answer option, ignore option, OR ignore with a SMS message. As far as GPS, it is unconfirmed, but not out of the question that it may have a carrier based service.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Ive heard 310 kb/sec again at shadowmite's irc channel.
    Sorry, but is that good? How does it compare to the 700w or PPC-6700?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Afternoon folks That was indeed a wild ride tonight. I absolutely had a blast. Thanks Merlyn, Shadowmite et all! Shouts to all TC members who were in the channel
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by aero310
    (b) disappointed by the facts becoming obvious so far (if true).

This is not really a new Treo but just an update to the current 650. OS5.4.9? Are we not all waiting for Cobalt? Besides EvDo (as living in Europe I am waiting for an UMTS version anyway) I don't really see any innovation. I would more consider this bug fixes and optical corrections (larger DBCACHE, moved keys, software updates, golden bell instead of asterix etc.).

For me going from CDMA 1X to EVDO is exactly what I want...I understand why WIFI is unlikely, but with EVDO I am less likely to care...

Remember when we went from 28.8 modems to ISDN? Well this is bigger than that...I spent a small fortune on 2 data lines modems, software, all just to go from 28.8 to 128

Now we will have handhelds that will top many residential DSL lines...

I am stoked...bigtime...
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro
    For me going from CDMA 1X to EVDO is exactly what I want...I understand why WIFI is unlikely, but with EVDO I am less likely to care...
    I fully agree with you on that. As I said "besides EDVO" and also that I am waiting for the UMTS version for us on the other side of the Atlantic. But besides that I find this Treo rather disappointing after such a long time after the 650 release.

But another thing: If they improved stability with 5.4.9 it would also be a reason for me to buy, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I'm telling you, I've personally done it before. It was a phone that I acquired about 2 months before the release. It provisioned perfectly by simply calling *2.
    Agreed it could happen and Merlyn, sorry if I sounded like an asshat
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Palm must just be freaking out over this thread!!

Also, too bad Palm doesn't move as fast as Shadowmite and Company.

Cheers, (I'm totally geeked over this) Perry.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperevo8
    No offense.. But if you guys are doubting about the treo 700p.. I am sure Merlyn got it from the same source i got them from.. Locally here in San Jose

Hi slinky!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Palm must just be freaking out over this thread!!
    Good, hopefully, they will be making an anoucement soon about the 700P release info.
    What happened to the "option" hardware button? Is it a quick push of the power button?

If I am paying Sprint $15 a month for data now, how much will I have to pay for EVDO (or whatever Sprint calls it)?

Is the reception/voice quality a lot better?
    The Treo 650 was leaked about 2.5 - 3 months before the offical annoucement from Palm... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Just to illustrate how fast a fake can be made (even without any picture manipulation). Took a 700w screenshot, displayed it on my Treo 650 - et voilà: the Treo 650w. The other way round I could display a 650 screenshot on a 700w. And for the different button layout you don't have to be a photoshop hero...

All what has been said and shown in this thread can be true as much it can be fake.

Still hope that Palm will role out some more than what has been spread so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Just to clarify...I believe that he claimed that it has 62.8MB of *free* storage space after a hard reset. So what is the size of the Flash ROM / RAM config, I wonder. The OS and extra apps shouldn't be consuming 64MB of Flash ROM space. I'm a bit confused though...what do our Treo 650's have? Do we have a Flash ROM chip and a separate RAM chip (for run-time execution) or do we just have one chip that serves double-duty?
    Possibly a XOR flash chip that can run programs from ROM? After running them, some DBCache should be taken up, though without installing anything new, it is a little annoying it goes straight down to 55MB.

Still better than the 650 though.
    Last edited by jjesusfreak01; 02/04/2006 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero310
    Just to illustrate how fast a fake can be made (even without any picture manipulation). Took a 700w screenshot, displayed it on my Treo 650 - et voilà: the Treo 650w. The other way round I could display a 650 screenshot on a 700w. And for the different button layout you don't have to be a photoshop hero...

All what has been said and shown in this thread can be true as much it can be fake.

Still hope that Palm will role out some more than what has been spread so far.
    yes but remind everyone this is not the case here.

aslo the 700w doesnot have a 320x320 screen
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    gfunkmagic,

Thanks for the synopsis. Can you, Shadowmite or Meryln give any info regarding BlackBerry Connect? I know that Sprint released info last year saying that they would release this capability 1st quarter. Any info you could provide would be great! Thanks guys!

They could not find BB Connect on it gfunk but something similar I cant remember what Merlyn called it. But it was NOT BB connect.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.