Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    HUGE DBCACHE!!!!!!

the biggest winner!!
    Fat32
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

did I say GIANT dbcache?
    rom dumped and trying to install on 650
    rom dumped and trying to install on 650
    1.3m camera
    320x320 screen
    FAT32 file support
    312MHZ cpu
    EVDO
    Palm OS 5.4.9
    BT 1.2 at least but maybe higher
    No WiFi drivers installed and no ability to test a WiFi SD card
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    where to begin??????

not sure what merlyn is confortable with being quoted.
    Yeah... I figured. Though I still can't figure out how to archive the entire chat log on mirc...it won't let me copy/paste?

Anyway, few things that come to mind are:
    • ability to force digital roam - maybe just in beta release
    • large dbCachse size ~18000Kb accourdign to meminfo
    • support for 900 cdma band
    • 64MB total nand? with ~62MB free
    • DTG8, Ptunes 3.09, and SprintTV in rom

BT specs is still not verifiable. The large dbcache is suprising and would make the 700p the first NVFS device with more than 10MB cache afaikafaikafaik...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    in irc dont you just highlight the text and it knows to copy? then you can paste it wherever you want? I THINK so not sure it IS late
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    What does "No WiFi drivers installed " mean?
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    What does "No WiFi drivers installed " mean?
    I would guess WiFi is not 'enabled' on it, or it doesn't support it.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah... I figured. Though I still can't figure out how to archive the entire chat log on mirc...it won't let me copy/paste?

right click the channel tab > Buffer > Save As...

also I think when you highlight the text it automatically copies it
    Ironically (it's the Windows version, not the Palm), from PalmInsider:

"Sprint to offer Treo 700w ahead of schedule, as early as end of February. Based on our channel checks, it appears that Sprint is likely to offer the latest PALM Treo 700w (Windows version) as early as end of February, which would be ahead of schedule (following its launch with Verizon on 1/5) Sprint version of Treo 700 was not expected until end of March at the earliest based on the historical length of the exclusivity agreements with carriers (i.e., 3-6 months). Sprint is likely to price Treo 700w at $449, at parity with Verizon and a $50 premium to Treo 650. Sprint will offer both models."
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    Ironically (it's the Windows version, not the Palm), from PalmInsider:
    this rumor is far less confirmed than the info in this thread
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    this rumor is far less confirmed than the info in this thread
    True Dat.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    True Dat.
    ah, see I mistakingly thought the info on Palminsider was a new confirmation, different from that anaylsts' report at the end of January. Having checked their original source, it turns out to the same...so my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    right click the channel tab > Buffer > Save As...

also I think when you highlight the text it automatically copies it

Thanks...but would you know it, my computer froze and crashed before I could save it. I can't believe that happenn....hopefully some one else saved it, mostly lkey shadowmite. That log should be save for all treo history! It was absolutley wild and crazy...reminds of the early Treo 600 rumors here on TC...very exciting...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Okay... here is a brief synopsis of the stuff I was able to write down from the irm chat before my crappy computer crashed on me. Working with shadowmite, Merlyn was able to dump the entire Rom off the 700p and send it to shadowmite who able to confirm the new rom! It pretty crazy, but these guys are gonna hack the 700p even before it gets released!!!

Also, here some interesting facts so far as per reported over on shadowmite irc chat. Note all info below was posted in the chat:

-312 MHz Xscale CPU
    -Palm OS 5.4.9
    -BT spec unverifiable, BT 1.2? not sure
    -1.3MP camera
    -320x320 screen
    -FAT32 driver support
    -EVDO radio
    -can receive call while on 1xEvDo, but cannot call and browse at the same time (limitation of 1xEvDo)
    -new web like picture album interface, new facelift for alblum and pic apps
    -menu key moved to bottom left shift spot
    -LudusW-like sms after call functionality
    -was able to make receive call via Scala 500 BT headset
    -flashing asterix replaced by little golden bell icon
    -green button is talk button, phone button for contacts
    -new "fast mode" in blazer
    -No WiFi drivers installed and no ability to test a WiFi SD card
    -HUGE NEW DBCACHE SIZE!! >> 10MB!!!!

Meminfo results:
    Flash total size: 64,336
    Flash free minus couple apps installed: 54,172
    NVFS dbCache size: 18,431
    Dynamic heap: 10,240

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $first$ $NVFS$ $device$ $with$ $more$ $than$ $10MB$ $dbcache$!

Anyhow, that's a brief synopsis...

P.S. Also two new pics were revealed that have NOT been posted on this thread and will not be shared.
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/04/2006 at 10:59 AM.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    thanks for the synopsis gfunkmagic!
    Looking forward to a 700p (or 800p or whatever) I am (a) surprised about the excitement in this thread and (b) disappointed by the facts becoming obvious so far (if true).

This is not really a new Treo but just an update to the current 650. OS5.4.9? Are we not all waiting for Cobalt? Besides EvDo (as living in Europe I am waiting for an UMTS version anyway) I don't really see any innovation. I would more consider this bug fixes and optical corrections (larger DBCACHE, moved keys, software updates, golden bell instead of asterix etc.).

So considering this is only a 650 Upgrade I sincerely hope for a 800p with Cobalt! Otherwise I really fear that Palm is loosing it to the WM fraction. In Europe, Palm's marketshare is extremely low already anyway. So I will wait for one of the other announced Treos for this year and hope it will be something NEW.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Meminfo results:
    Flash total size: 64,336
    Flash free minus couple apps installed: 54,172
    NVFS dbCache size: 18,431
    Dynamic heap: 10,240

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $first$ $NVFS$ $device$ $with$ $more$ $than$ $10MB$ $dbcache$!

Anyhow, that's a brief synopsis...
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    How's this for a theory. It will have 64MB, with 50 MB usable, as 64MB flash comes free with the xscale processor. If they saved pennies by using 32MB ram instead of 64 for the W, why would they add a whole extra surface mounted Flash chip when more than enough comes free with the processor.

Surur
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=64+flash

So who was right now Palm is soo predictable.

Surur