Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    can you point me to their solution? thanks
    Check this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106259
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I think that is exactly what they are. Think back to the old palm days when the phone button represented 'contacts' and not 'send' or 'dial'.

I for one and I seem to be in the minority here MISSSS the contacts button. I HATE the contacts button missing from the old days being replaced by the send button. I would love it if this is the case that they are bringing back the old style and using seperate buttons for palm and phone actions.

call me crazy old habits die hard.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    very quick answer then I'm off again....YES the phone can be forced into roaming like all the new phones
    More photos? Please, this is torture!!!!
    LOL @ more pix.

He's on Pacific time and said he would post some better pix when he gets home from work. I assume most peeps on the west coast have wicked commutes so that (assuming he gets off @ 5) shouldve put him home about a half hour ago, dude has to eat I'm sure so..... hahaha pix in 15 minutes?

ok now Im getting delerious. Ive been reading this post and chasing a 5 year old and Im wiped out. see you guys soon

BTW FWIW if it has a faster processor, more memory, EV-DO, better camera, BT2.0 (or whatever the latest BT stack is I cant think right now) ANDDDDDDDD FAT32 file support IM IN!!! if no to EITHER of the last 2 Ill wait.
    There is no spoon.
  5.    #625  
    I do not work for palm, not that I wouldn't like to, but I don't, I was just lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    I for one and I seem to be in the minority here MISSSS the contacts button. I HATE the contacts button missing from the old days being replaced by the send button. I would love it if this is the case that they are bringing back the old style and using seperate buttons for palm and phone actions.

I would like this as well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #627  
    I'm also pretty sure it's BT 1.2, because that's what the 700w has. It has FAR less static with my cardo scala than the 650, although it is a little buggy. For one thing, I have to turn off my scala if I want to soft reset, because the phone turns on after the soft reset and tends to freeze when it finds the BT headset at the same time.
    Unbeleavable,
    Merlyn,
    you said it a Sprint Treo, does it have the push to talk feature?
    Merlyn you didn't answer the GPS question, which I notice in the Picture you have the locator icon OFF.
    I don't question that you may have a device, but I do question how a demo device/ESN was recognized and provisioned like any other consumer phone.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Merlyn,
    How does it feel to be the first person in the WORLD to have s Sprint Treo700p in your hands
    All I care about is CALL QUALITY. Can folx hear you ok, even in windy/outdoor/noisy environments? Do voices sound natural to you and not digitized?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Note: he's over at my room on irc, and we will be discussing with him how to get some data from it. Feel free to join in, but if it gets crazy we'll moderate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Note: he's over at my room on irc, and we will be discussing with him how to get some data from it. Feel free to join in, but if it gets crazy we'll moderate it.

Link?
    Merlyn_3D,
    Could you please be so kind to address the doubts this poster has on your pictures?
    • Why do these pics of the supposed Treo 700p have both a green "make call" button and a "phone" button immediately below it? Does this make any sense at all?
    • I also point you to the Sprint logo. I'm looking at a Sprint A900 (aka: The Samsung "blade") and I can tell you that the "swirly" in their new logo is ALWAYS yellow, no matter what the background color is. If you go through the links on the Sprint website for corporate branding and trademarking, they show approved logos of black text and white text, and even grey text, but the "swirly" is always yellow.
    • Oh yeah, and if you resize the 700p picture then look really, really close, you can see a distoration around the Sprint logo. Can we say "copy and paste"?
    • Update: um, yeah... and where is our menu drop down key? On the 650 it sits above the messaging key, but in these supposed 700p pix, it doesn't even exist? Odd. Last I checked, Palm OS... even Cobalt... needed a menu drop down key.
    These are valid points and I think it's fair to see them addressed. The poster asks for a video, so if you could provide that, that would put all nay-sayers to shame.

Thanks! (who tends to believe if alone for Shadowmite's comments)
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Two things:

1) I am a mobiVOIP beta tester and I have had mixed results so far. However, to get it to work AT ALL is amazing to me since I am on Sprint Vision with a 650. This app has potential as it seems to have a good compression scheme. Definitley not a phone replacement yet.

2) As for the 700p, I so badly want to believe (as I did with the 800p), and I totally trust Shadowmite. However...I look at those pics and they just don't look right. That battery icon is cropped pretty badly. I still am willing to trust that this is real, especially if Shadowmite DOES get a ROM dump.

(heh heh...I said dump...heh heh)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23

I also hate that I lost the 4th key to power. I want the buttons as the pictures show.
    Shadow,

The unit you had your hands on were you able to tell if it used the 650's periphials?

and/or merlyn?
    There is no spoon.
  19.    #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    All I care about is CALL QUALITY. Can folx hear you ok, even in windy/outdoor/noisy environments? Do voices sound natural to you and not digitized?
    No PTT, Call quality has been nothing less than stellar. People say I come through loud and clear, and I haven't needed volumecare at all, the earpiece gets pretty loud. Reception is better than the 650 (maybe b/c it's a preproduction?).
    How is it possible that Shadowmite supposedly had a 700p in his possession and he can not confirm without a doubt that this is in fact a T700p? Why would Shadow even be interested in a ROM dump if he had been in possession of a T700p as many have claimed he had? Seems he would have had plenty of opportunity to do that himself. Something is really fishy. Any why do Merlyn and treomistress have the same ip address as pointed out earlier (or did I miss that answer?)? Not sure I trust someone who had multiple ID's on a forum.

I also agree these are pretty bad photoshop jobs. The Sprint logo is very bad and it looks like a reworked 700w to me with a screen capture.