Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Merlyn why do you tease us so
    Why is there a green button and then a separate phone button? Weird
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Yes, I've already complained about that. It wasn't always so, apparently:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/ss.asp?f=mTreo1_L.jpg

I don't think Hawkins is actively involved there anymore. While the features have been slowly improving since Palm bought Handspring, usability has gone in the wrong direction in several areas.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    The pictures are fake. If you look at the Sprint and Palm logos, they are not aligned. I copied the image and drew a line to find the sprint logo was skewed. I though it might be the curvature of the phone, but if that was the case, then the palm logo would also be at an angle too.
    I'm still suspicioius about these photos, too. In an earlier message, Merlyn said the menu button had been moved back to the bottom row of the keyboard. Don't you think it's funny that he posts a shot of the complete phone EXCEPT for the bottom row of the keyboard,?

I find it suspicious that the phone app looks exactly like the 650. No differences at all? That seems a little bit hard to believe, too.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 02/03/2006 at 08:33 PM.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense either...

Quite frankly, the more I look at the pics the more I think they are FAKE!!

Call it be overly skeptical or perhaps gun shy after the recent slink fiasco, but soo many things about this latest rumor do not make sense:

-the pic itself is questionable. As stated on other sites like PIC, zooming onto the Sprint logo is blurrred
    -moving of the home/menu button to lower end does not make sense and would be moving backwards in terms of evolution imo
    -why have both phone and dial button?
    -why would free ram (db storage heap) be same as on 700w? Rom image should not be the same size as WM. That makes no sense
    etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by bateekh
    The pictures are fake. If you look at the Sprint and Palm logos, they are not aligned. I copied the image and drew a line to find the sprint logo was skewed. I though it might be the curvature of the phone, but if that was the case, then the palm logo would also be at an angle too.
    wow, thanks for your photo analysis skills...
    Yeah, I'm also afraid they're fake. Why is the black line not blurry? Why not snap off a few dozen pics and post them, since you're the sole source? And how about some that are actually in focus? I hope I'm wrong, but fool me twice...
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah, that doesn't make any sense either...

-why have both phone and dial button?
    I like the idea of the 2 buttons. Haven't you ever been on the phone w/ a bt headset and wanted an easy to get at a number easily, instead of back tracking through the menu to get to contacts? I would think these two diff. buttons would aid in one touch access to the contacts.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I like the idea of the 2 buttons. Haven't you ever been on the phone w/ a bt headset and wanted an easy to get at a number easily, instead of back tracking through the menu to get to contacts? I would think these two diff. buttons would aid in one touch access to the contacts.
    I think that is exactly what they are. Think back to the old palm days when the phone button represented 'contacts' and not 'send' or 'dial'.
    Guys, while it's possible this is a ellaborate hoax that is extremely well planned and executed, I HIGHLY doubt it. Being a non production run, the stamping of logos can easily be off. The noise, this is after a JPG taken with a ppc-6700. He hasn't missed one bit of proof this is a scam if it is.

Also, I know who the guy is now, and I have a feel that it is real. But I do kinda wonder if he could have more to do with palm than he lets on.

Suffice to say, I'm working with him to dump the rom...
    Also, the ONLY thing remotely making me wonder, it's not the same bootloader as the 700w. However, it's a subversion on the right set of numbers. Which leads me to believe it could just be modified for palm os.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I feel like I'm reading the techie geek version of the unraveling of the "fake but true" Bush TANG memos from Rathergate. Deja vu all over again. (Sadly, I think the political goobers unveiled the fakeness within a few minutes, while it has taken the techies all day and night before someone posited some seriously informed photoshopping ponderings.)
    Am back after a 13 page break..... I can understand people being skeptical but I had many a conversation with merlyn before he owned a 6700 when he owned a 650 and am postive he doesn't work for palm.

Perry I put your foam slippers away for now..................
    Well, if the pictures aren't fake, at the very least they're pretty bad. Perhaps Merlyn should have me take a few high quality photos
    I believe it is true. Here is why:
    1. It was rumored that there was going to be a 700p.
    2. Shadowmite says he has seen it.
    3. Shadowmite has said Merlyn is for real and I believe him.
    4. The specs sound very convincing and all his reports make a lot of sense.
    5. The pictures say it all.
    6. I can tell it is not BS.

Al
    I can't get the pictures. I guess Merlin's watermarking them. Damn! I am drooling! Can anyone send them to me at wbs2@pitt.edu? I gotta see them!!! HELP ME!!!
    This seems all too reminiscent of the pre release 700w we all saw. Similar blacked out areas, bad photos. But that turned out to be very true.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by Brooose
    I can't get the pictures. I guess Merlin's watermarking them. Damn! I am drooling! Can anyone send them to me at wbs2@pitt.edu? I gotta see them!!! HELP ME!!!
    http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/02/is...treo-700p.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    MantraGroup is currently beta testing a voip solution. Based on the posts in a MTDN thread, a couple of the beta testers have been getting decent results so far.
    can you point me to their solution? thanks

found it

http://www.mantragroup.com/products/palm/im/