Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    More Pics Please. Some screenies would be good.

Also, folks how long did it take from the first leak of the 700w to store shelves. I need to start saving my pennies!!!!
    Regarding BT 1.2...

I don't think the BT version number under Info confirms anything. For example, just go to Info on your Treo 650 right now and see what version number is listed. It is version 2.0!!!!

I'm not saying that the rumored Treo 700p will not have BT 1.2 (in fact I hope it does), but the version number under Info does not verify this...

P.S. I've attached a screenshot of the BT version number on my 650 to illustrate the point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/03/2006 at 07:43 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    - Fat32 support?

If the 700p has the same version of FrankenGarnet as the LD/Tx, then it should possible have FAT32 support...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    So, what is the summary thus far?

62.8 mb memory
    EV-DO
    1.3 camera
    Garnet 5.4.9
    Sprint
    Bluetooth x.x?
    320x320 screen

God -- I just love my little voice!
    Now, if only, the 2/22 announce and 3/22 for sale dates would come true.

That April Sprint release of a 700W business analyst rumor is lookin' good -- just make that a "P" thank you.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/03/2006 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastannin
    I believe for GSM the current choice is EDGE and the latest is UMTS. When the 700p comes out on GSM I'm sure it'll have at least EDGE (the 650 GSM has it), and would probably have to have UMTS, but it'd depend on your carrier's rollout. Cingular has UMTS in some major markets I think, but T-Mobile is only just starting its EDGE rollout.
    Cingular has UTMS / HDSPA in 20 cities compared to Verizon's 60 with EVDO.

http://letsgodigital.be/en/news/arti...tory_5702.html
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Well....I hafta say that EVDO is kinda cool but I dont live in an EVDO area covered by Sprint.....so that's not gonna do me much good. Does anyone know yet if this 700P supports wifi with the wifi SD card....or does it not support it at all? I would upgrade for the wifi. Pics are kewl!
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I am now a believer....but is it enough to upgrade from a 650?
    For EVDO .....not enough.....I'd like to get 2 years outta my 650 investment.

But when / if HDSPA versions arrive ....I am intrigued.
    The problem is me and my team are confused at the available memory. It doesn't make sense. If they used a 64 meg DOC chip, and the OS and extras take 8 meg+ (a safe bet) it should only have 55.x available or so...

We are thinking it's possible this is a pxa-271 or pxa-272 cpu with on-board flash memory.
    Just to clarify...I believe that he claimed that it has 62.8MB of *free* storage space after a hard reset. So what is the size of the Flash ROM / RAM config, I wonder. The OS and extra apps shouldn't be consuming 64MB of Flash ROM space. I'm a bit confused though...what do our Treo 650's have? Do we have a Flash ROM chip and a separate RAM chip (for run-time execution) or do we just have one chip that serves double-duty?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    And let me ask you this -- why are part of the pictures covered with black marks if this "story" is so kosher?
    I would think because this number would identify the person to whom Palm gave the unit to and rsult in some unpleasantness for this individual.
    shadowmite - Palm is using the PXA272, and its onboard memory, in the Treo 700w, so it would make sense to use the same/similar hardware for the palm os version.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Hmmm...

This is all pretty interesting. It doesn't seem to me that there is that much different, at least in this version (if real).

I like EVDO, but without a decent browser it can be pretty frustrating to have the speed but bad page layouts. I had a Samsung i730 with EVDO - but wound up using my Treo most of the time because it was just easier to operate. I suppose the EVDO is certainly a plus...but I don't know. Also, the additional memory is nice, but I've trained myself to "live within my means" on the 650...so that isn't much of a factor for me.

I wonder if it has PTT? That would be interesting...

Cheers!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Come on now Shadowmite, can't you throw us a bone? Your connections seem to be inside Sprint, so you must have some idea as to when this is expected to be released. Give us a hint at least (or tell me via PM and I'll try to keep it a secret).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Merlyn.... I know you're overwhelmed but if you could check if this Treo can be forced into roaming like newer Sprint phones. That would be awesome if it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Just to clarify...I believe that he claimed that it has 62.8MB of *free* storage space after a hard reset. So what is the size of the Flash ROM / RAM config, I wonder. The OS and extra apps shouldn't be consuming 64MB of Flash ROM space. I'm a bit confused though...what do our Treo 650's have? Do we have a Flash ROM chip and a separate RAM chip (for run-time execution) or do we just have one chip that serves double-duty?
    Well, the 650 uses two chips:

1) the 32 meg DOC Chip (NVFS) split into storage space, and the rom image which survives hard resets
    2) the 32 meg ram chip, which is split into page memory, and dbcache
    EV-DO
    More Memory
    Better Camera
    Better Bluetooth I assume.
    Other operational tweaks?

It's an upgrade to me.
    (#2 daughter is taking the 650 as a 4/24 Birthday present, so I can add a new line and get the discount.)

Cheers, Perry
    They really need to upgrade the os still, Id swap my ppc6700 for it unless they fix some of the bugs in it
    Hmm Curious. Why would palm make the dial button's phone icon outlined on this model rather then filled in like on the 700w. Looks like the buttons are the same form factor, you'd think they would just use the same part off the line instead of repainting them. Unless this is fake. On the other hand it could add to it's legitimacy. Who would choose to make a random edit like that in photoshop, it would be much easier and just as convincing to copy the filled in image off the 700w. Unless that's exactly what they want us to think...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Come on now Shadowmite, can't you throw us a bone? Your connections seem to be inside Sprint, so you must have some idea as to when this is expected to be released. Give us a hint at least (or tell me via PM and I'll try to keep it a secret).

It's April people!

IMHO -- due to the business analysts saying that Sprint was going to get a 700W in April, EARLY! -- I think they got their Ps and Ws crossed. . . . .

(My little voice has that convident tone . . . . .)
  20.    #600  
    very quick answer then I'm off again....YES the phone can be forced into roaming like all the new phones