Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    are the changes to the OS similar to the changes in other new Palm devices? I can do some stuff with my friend's TE2 that I can't do with mine, like a background pic in apps and what not.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    OK, I just got back a little while ago so I had to catch up on several pages and finally saw the pics. As the resident skeptic, I have to ask if there's still some chance that those pics are just Photoshopped versions of the Treo 700w. Now, I don't doubt that a 700p exists. Shadowmite pretty much confirmed it before. But I don't get how they've reassigned the buttons. Why is there a dedicated Phone button *and* a green button where the Home button used to be? Isn't that redundant?

Shadowmite, can you confirm if this is how the model you saw looked?
    yeah, the button placment is funny to end a call.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Banned for a week? We have all seen lots of trolls and pranks before, but this one was pretty egregious. He not only made up a story about a new device, but elaborated with examples of conversations and gave further follow-up. He's not just a troll, but a flat-out liar. I think a permanent ban is the least that should be done. I think he should also be banned from every other forum he has affected. He goes far beyond being a liar to me. He's a total a$$.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Beware!! I believe that the new member Treomistress is Slinky!!!! 5 min ago he/she had a total of 5 posts he/she just deleted all of them. I caught the last one on my previous post.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Meryln,

Have you seen any evidence of Blackberry Connect? Someone may have asked this already, but I've not been able to read every post. Thanks
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    Meryln,

Have you seen any evidence of Blackberry Connect? Someone may have asked this already, but I've not been able to read every post. Thanks
    i totally forgot about that. supposedly things have mellowed out with blackberry and ntp, so blackberry will continue hopefully there will be blackberry functions on the new device. i remember they were testing blackberry on palm almost a year ago.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Beware!! I believe that the new member Treomistress is Slinky!!!! 5 min ago he/she had a total of 5 posts he/she just deleted all of them. I caught the last one on my previous post.
    I can confirm Treomistress is same IP as slinky.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Where's Dalai Lama when you need him? He's rarely on these boards nowadays.
    Treomistress could be slinky's significant other.

Ah well, too much drama and still not enough facts concerning this 700p. I'd like to see the following from Merlyn...

- Camera PQ comparisons between 650, 700p, 700w, and/or PPC-6700 (basically whatever he can get a hold of).
    - Detailed screenshots and commentary about new version of Blazer.
    - Any other observations as to what looks to have changed.
    - Definitive dslreports.com speed tests. Is this faster than the 700w? Slower? About the same speed?
    - Real-life speed comparisons of downloading a graphics-intensive website using the 700p compared to the 650, 700w, and PPC-6700.

Any other questions from anyone else? Let's gather them up and put him to work.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Meryl
    Can you at some point check:
    1. Skype
    2. Voice notes and hearing .wav attachments, emailing them
    3. Memory related issues?
    4.Voice Commands over BT
    5. MP3
    6. Can it DUN?
    7. Push email

AND the KEYBOARD

the main stuff we use a PDA for
    I (and many many others I'm sure) would be grateful for anyone willing to post a summary of the most significant thread content every 5 or 10 pages!

This is incredibly exciting, but rather hard to follow without spending an entire night on it. (Yeah, I know, why not spend all night on it?!) But really, wouldn't a summary by someone who is following carefully be a wonderful thing?

If this is a forum faux paux, I apologize, but it just seems to make sense doesn't it?

Thks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Treomistress could be slinky's significant other.

Ah well, too much drama and still not enough facts concerning this 700p. I'd like to see the following from Merlyn...

- Camera PQ comparisons between 650, 700p, 700w, and/or PPC-6700 (basically whatever he can get a hold of).
    - Detailed screenshots and commentary about new version of Blazer.
    - Any other observations as to what looks to have changed.
    - Definitive dslreports.com speed tests. Is this faster than the 700w? Slower? About the same speed?
    - Real-life speed comparisons of downloading a graphics-intensive website using the 700p compared to the 650, 700w, and PPC-6700.

Any other questions from anyone else? Let's gather them up and put him to work.
    - Fat32 support?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbert
    I (and many many others I'm sure) would be grateful for anyone willing to post a summary of the most significant thread content every 5 or 10 pages!

This is incredibly exciting, but rather hard to follow without spending an entire night on it. (Yeah, I know, why not spend all night on it?!) But really, wouldn't a summary by someone who is following carefully be a wonderful thing?

If this is a forum faux paux, I apologize, but it just seems to make sense doesn't it?

Thks!
    Are you volunteering?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    yeah dude you also keep ignoring the question of how & why you have it?

Noticed that, didya?
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    Meryl
    1. Skype
    4.Voice Commands over BT
    5. MP3
    6. Can it DUN?
    7. Push email

AND the KEYBOARD

1)there are no skype solution to palm os.
    5)As treo 650 can you can expect 700p to do so.
    6)As treo 650 can you can expect 700p to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    Meryl
    1. Skype
    4.Voice Commands over BT
    5. MP3
    6. Can it DUN?
    7. Push email

AND the KEYBOARD

I do not think you will see BT 1.2 using a Bluetooth headset and I do not know why. Motorola has had it on phones for a year!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    WOOHOO! In my hands I have a... wait, it's a ham sandwich. Sorry for the alarm.
    I think it's his 'johnson' in his hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    I think it's his 'johnson' in his hand.
    That was sure worth posting...
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I'm betting this thread hits 1000 posts by morning......

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    ...there are no skype solution to palm os...
    MantraGroup is currently beta testing a voip solution. Based on the posts in a MTDN thread, a couple of the beta testers have been getting decent results so far.