Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    And no sign of slinky. Merlyn, you the man!
    Hey if this goes on long enough I'm going to hit the 500-post mark!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Based on Shadowmite's analysis, I am satisfied that this is the real deal. I do think Merlyn has some link up to Palm, otherwise we would've had a picture already. But I am happy to let Merlyn spin his web, cast his spell, and continue to lower my productivity levels for the rest of the day/nite.

So much for the nightly poker game, this is much more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    Time to take a train.. mobile checking here I come!
    Chances are, we'll be in the same predicament when you get home as we are now.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Never thought of that. Think it will continue until monday? Or at least Saturday?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    self-inflicted predicament...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I guess the lesson learned in all this is don't post saying "the new Treo xxx is in my hand" unless you have pics uploaded in the same post to back them up. Too many of you on the warpath here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    I guess the lesson learned in all this is don't post saying "the new Treo xxx is in my hand" unless you have pics uploaded in the same post to back them up. Too many of you on the warpath here.
    Not a warpath! Just eager anticipation.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Foaming at the mouth, is more like it.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    Never thought of that. Think it will continue until monday? Or at least Saturday?
    Until pictures are posted, I think this will continue for as long as Merlyn allows it.
    this thread is quite civil
    I am hoping Merlyn's silence is the fact that he is getting screen shots.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Or the Palm-ninjas came to silence him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I am hoping Merlyn's silence is the fact that he is getting screen shots.
    Maybe some ******* hoodlums mugged him, and took the Treo, not knowing what it was.

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Maybe Slinky can beat him to some pics of the 800 - I'm hoping they're both not bluffing.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    He told me via email that he's "working" and will have to wait until later for a lot of these questions and things to try. We'll just have to wait and see. Keep in mind, once it's checked on dslreports.com you will be able to see it's listing at: http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?results=1

Watch for fast palm devices... I'm guessing it'll report as a H103... But who knows.
    well, that'll throw some cold water on the fire
    We'll never hear from him again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Maybe Slinky can beat him to some pics of the 800 - I'm hoping they're both not bluffing.
    Maybe Slinky mugged him and took it, in a jealous rage.

I never did like that guy!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    this thread is quite civil
    Agreed. No "warpath". Not even any namecalling. Just a few dissenters amongst the hungry mob that require
    some form of hard proof. It's really not asking a lot, especially since there is really NO INFORMATION given about this device that either wasn't already known or speculated about or could be easily, and convincingly made-up. I think Shadowmite asked good questions and Merlyn gave appropriate responses, but there was really no proof there....just conviction.

And btw, if the device is really not going to be released until August, and he has a WORKING pre-production unit, has anyone considered that this is just a prototype? That it may not ever be produced in it's current config? 6 months is a long time, afterall. Also, if it is pre-production, how on earth is it activated through Sprint...that seems a little hokey to me too.

Yeah, I'm a cynic...it's gotten me this far!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein