1.    #1  
    Thanks for the replies regarding getting a program to rip cd's -

Now another question - I'm totally new to doing this so go easy on me --

Once rippped - do I have to have another program to encode it into mp3 or can you specify in the program you want it as an mp3?

Thanks.
    Depends. Some software has the encoder built-in, others can spawn off an external encoder after the files have been ripped.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Use iTunes. It will rip and encode it automatically to mp3.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    DON'T USE ITUNES. YOU ARENT USING AN IPOD YOU ARE USING A TREO, SO WHY USE ITUNES. Continue to email me. I will guide you. I rip directly to mp3.
    Dude, just stick a cd in your computer and open Windows Media Player. Make sure under options it is set to rip to .mp3 format. Click the rip button at the top and wait a few minutes.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Dude, just stick a cd in your computer and open Windows Media Player. Make sure under options it is set to rip to .mp3 format. Click the rip button at the top and wait a few minutes.
    Tried that and I got a message saying it wouldn't rip because there wasn't a compatible mp3 encoder installed --

I've been using CDEX since the above posts and it seems fine --

MG
    Are you using Media player 10?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Are you using Media player 10?
    Yes -