1.    #1  
    This forum seemed like the place to put this. I have been using a Palm Zire 71 for a while and got really good at the grafiti writing on it. When I ordered my 650, it never occured to me that the area for that did not exist. The keyboard is a little wierd for me. I would have much rather not had the keyboard, but had a writing area instead. What do you guys think?

I can tell you that I was unable to play one of my favorite games on the Treo because the game would only support me writing, the keyboard wouldn't work for some reason.
    I came from the PDA side, too, and initially felt the same. Now, I would never go back. Keyboard -- all the way!
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/01/2006 at 07:56 PM.
    emunch,

There is a software application called Graffiti Anywhere that might interest you, since you enjoy writing rather than typing.

You can find it here: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=45227

Damon
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the link, might try that out.
    When I first started using the Treo, I thought the keyboard was a dumb waste of time. After only a couple of days though, I noticed I was much faster at typing even on the small keyboard compared to graffiti.

I don't even use my Clie anymore, because I don't like having to use the stylus and graffiti.

Give it about a week and you will be right at home with the keyboard.
  6.    #6  
    been about a week, and even my small thumbs seem to have a hard time being accurate. Plus, what really is annoying are the numbers or symbols.
    Have you tried Keycaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by emunch
    been about a week, and even my small thumbs seem to have a hard time being accurate. Plus, what really is annoying are the numbers or symbols.
    I turn my thumbs sideways . . . . rather than fingerprint fully flat. (If this old dinosaur can do it -- anyone can!)

Cheers, Perry.
    I came from using Palm PDAs as well and have not been able to shake the grafiti bug. I use TealScript to give me grafiti again. It knows to turn on only in my notes and tasks, though i can easily turn it on in any app if i really need it. i use the keyboard for just about everything else.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I too think Tealscript is cool, but it slows by Treo down SO much.