Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I emailed an engineer for Palm that I met in Denver back in October asking him a simple question, did he know of anything related to the 800p. He simply replied, "no". He did not elaborate and said he was not at liberty to state what was coming. I don't pressure him since he has helped me with several technical issues.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I'm back from the law technology conference. How absurd. I was trying to use my laptop on a few occasions but soon after connecting the free WiFi went down more often than a ten dollar... well, you get the point. The Kiosk situation wasn't pretty.

So I'm totally exhausted, it's late and I haven't had time to read this entire large thread that began earlier today. I didn't realize how quickly the news would spread about the Treo 800p. Apparently it has made its way to Brighthand, the Usenet newsgroups at http://groups.google.com/group/pl.co...f8a68d63ce7102 and someone else mentioned it on PalmInfoCenter at http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8161 - and so it goes.

I'm going to call Palm corporate tomorrow and see what a trip down the rabbit hole might yield. Given the leaks that seem to have spread with remarkable quickness around the Internet, I'm hoping they'll wise up lest they be doomed long before they make any announcement. I'll also add more on my original post and give you the rest of the details of the meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey Antoine!

I'm a noob . . . . .

TC2 Romur Days?

Cheers, Perry
    Before the T5 was released, at 1src there were quite a few rampant rumors shot there of a T3 replacement. There was one with unbelievable specs, one with not so great specs, and one afterwards without a pic that had specs that mirrored the model that came. IMO, I'd watch for the same thing in this story. No, I do not know anything, but I do know from my previous contacts that law and gov't people are very much the first to hear directly from Palm reps about new devices. Ironically, Palm leaks to them easier than to media folks like myself.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Oh yea, Slinky;
    In your position, I wouldnt have stated here that you were calling Palm corporate. Honestly speaking, there is at least 2 or 3 folks from Palm wathcing this thread just looking for reactions before the inevitable leak from Singapore of software or pictures (we all know it happens like that right after the rumored excitement dies down some).

So Slinky, get the info, but dang man, unless you are the mole that is about to be dug out, be kinda careful.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Well if this good news is true; we should see somthing on this from Phonescoop as FCC approval would have to be around the corner
    i have heard that this model also irons shirts (you just have to be careful not to touch the hidden heating and steam element at the bsase of the device when its running).
    Hope not.

Thank goodness the Shakespeare quotes have finally died down. They were getting a little out of hand ;-)
    Well, Slinky is getting his 15 minutes of fame out of this. . . . . . . . . let's hope it doesn't go to "pieces" . . . . . . .

Hey Slinky? You wake up yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    *bow* Yes, Master...
    Engadget indicates that it jives with what they've heard the "Lowrider" to be. I had always thought of the Lowrider to be a low-cost option, but it would make sense that the Lowrider could be a "pimped-out" Treo.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    Hope not.

Thank goodness the Shakespeare quotes have finally died down. They were getting a little out of hand ;-)
    The lady doth protest too much, me thinks!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Another thing that was itching me was the fact that Palm was going to call the new Palm OS Treo 700p. It would be very confusing for the users and future ones. I can see people calling their Treo "700" only and getting confuse about the p or w at the end.
    I think it will prove to be a monumental mistake to have associated WM with the Treo brand. Instead of crying "It's not a blackberry!" we'll soon be heard to cry "It's not running f*cking Windows!" Such brand confusion should not be tolerated or fostered.
    A WiFi option sounds to me the same as the WiFi option for the 700w. Meaning that if you buy a WiFi SD card you can get WiFi.
    I expect you are correct. And, in a word... BLECH WiFi is not an add-on, put it in the damn box.
    The 128MB memory could be true given that they might allow the user to use only 64MB of the total.
    Oh, how I hope you're wrong... but with all the memory management stupidity going on lately, I won't hold my breath. Or maybe Palm will wake up and figure out that we don't give a damn whether it has 128MB of RAM physically it ... we should only be hearing about what we can actually use.
    The part where I do not agree is on the 3.2 Mpxl camera. This is just not going to happen.
    As a DSLR user, I'd rather just hear they're taking the silly camera out, and add something more useful in. WiFi, anyone?
    Then, the "Julius Caesar" part with the March 15th exact date sound to me like BS. Seriously, it is hard to take this story as real given these last two pieces.
    Well, I think everyone in TC has begun laughing at the absurdity of all the reports of "device xxx is coming out on xxxx!!" But the message here isn't that we're a bunch of pathetic, desperate Treo mongers... but rather that Palm should get off it's collective a** and start shipping the new product they've promised. End the information vacuum and reinvigorate the brand... or die. Personally, after all the angst they've brought to us consumers, I wouldn't shed a tear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Engadget indicates that it jives with what they've heard the "Lowrider" to be. I had always thought of the Lowrider to be a low-cost option, but it would make sense that the Lowrider could be a "pimped-out" Treo.
    Ditto on that one... could this be a case of too many treos! rumors getting mixed up and us not able to tell them apart?

damn i love this stuff!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    Here's some real news:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/01/pal...rtner=yahootix

Treo 700Palm on sprint and verizon in april ahead of schedule
    Real news? "so and so believes xxx will happen on yyy"?? Based on what? Reading TreoCentral? The media is nothing but a conduit for others to get their info out there -- take the Pentagon's seeding of propaganda into the Middle Eastern press as a good example.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    Just bring on the 800g and I'll buy ASAP!
    Treo 800g Photo
    Eh.. a Treo without a keyboard... isn't that a Tungsten? Dropping the keyboard would be worse than not adding WiFi.
    News update .............Stunning news out of NYC Hilton today, it appears that TC's very own Slinky has been abducted by Palm inc.According to a Palm representive Slinky was drugged inside the lobby bar and been placed inside the infamous rubber room where he has been gaged and tied. It appears that Palm corporate decided to lock Slinky up in fears of him knowing to much.

Stay tuned for a live interview with Slinky from Creedmore hospital.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 02/02/2006 at 08:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    This is always a fun excercise isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Silly Season....................... weeeeeeeeeeee.
    Why, this is very midsummer madness...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    "Ok this guy connected to EVDO"...Hmmmmm Now who has EVDO other then Verizon who just got the 700w. I wonder who could it be ?
    Well, we can eliminate the GSM carriers, Cingular and T-Mo. GSM users put your heels in the air.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast