Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    Is this Treo 800 a Palm OS Device???
    Hi Morningstar!

The author of the post you reference used the term 800P more than once.

We have been using "P" to reference a Treo with the PalmOS since the 700W came out. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    He was a real Shakespeare buff too, this guy. I'm not sure what reader he was using (built in) but he showed us "Julius Caesar" and it looked great and rendering just beautiful. Screen incredibly bright. Sharper and less awkward 5 way button and not everything crammed in like the 650. I asked him about the RAM issue and he said that this additional amount was implemented since they were able to significantly enhance battery life with this model. It had been years since the Tungsten C.
    Uhhhh, could someone please tell the Shakespeare buff that Flash RAM hardly makes a difference concerning power usage. This and the 3.2mp cam sound a bit fishy to me. But, then again, if this was truly a Palm rep, I would expect such a statement out of him. Probably the same guy who was team leader over the T5 development, clipboard limit, 4K memos, and LD memory architecture ... now transferred to Treo marketing.

Just bring on the 800g and I'll buy ASAP!
    Treo 800g Photo

By the way ... if you see it again, see if you can take a picture of the device with the 3.2mp camera!
    Patrick Horne
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Sounds like another rumor to me... would love to be proved wrong, but 3.2M camera? That sounds pretty high for a camera phone, especially from a company as conservitive as Palm can be. Assuming it's true, and it actually all worked from the get go well, this would be quite a boost for Palm. I'll bet against it being true tho.
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    I like this rumor too, now if any of you are from the TC2 rumor days, remember very clearly how that happened to blow up over the course of several days, and then what happened..dont be surprised here to find it happen again.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Hey Antoine!

I'm a noob . . . . .

TC2 Rumor Days?

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/02/2006 at 05:36 AM.
    Knowing palm's history, this just sounds too unbelieveable. Unless they do a complete turn around like apple did way back when and wow us, it's not gonna happen. Treo 700p, yes, 800p is a couple years off I'm betting.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I don't doubt the story on its own merits, since Palm execs DO walk around with the Holloywood / etc, but I DO doubt whether Palm would add all of those features into the next Treo.

This has a strange feeling to it, sort of like when nrosser first posted about the 600 that was up to that time only a rumor.

Edit: "Wi-Fi OPTION"

Ok, I buy it. It's consistent with the Hollywood rumors.
    If this is indeed true! Then Palm has finally got off their seat!! They have always in the past done small increases (either the screen or the amount of memory) It would be nice if Sprint got this handheld first. NOW that is a phone if I had too would stay up all night at Best Buy; ect.

Palm has been known for milking us; if this is true; then they have changed for the better. I wish they Would let US carriers get this phone all at the same time which would be a nightmare for tech support.

Just postings some thoughts. I do want the Treo 800 (was planning on buying the 700P but if Hollywood or 800 is around the corner; I'd better wait as I probably won't have Sprint EVDO until August or so. (I hope, that is West Texas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Morningstar!

The author of the post you reference used the term 800P more than once.

We have been using "P" to reference a Treo with the PalmOS since the 700W came out. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Thanks Perry, I was doing a quick scan and probably was more concentrated on Sprint being the carrier. I did play with the 700W 2 weeks ago, just a bit lighter than the 650, and windows of course. But I am hoping for the Palm Version. I have used both OS's and prefer Palm. Of course Windows is more graphical. I have licenses on most of my programs for both platforms.

I guess we need the next two months to fly by!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Knowing palm's history, this just sounds too unbelieveable. Unless they do a complete turn around like apple did way back when and wow us, it's not gonna happen. Treo 700p, yes, 800p is a couple years off I'm betting.

Right if this is true; Palm would have the "Ipod" of Smartphones; good comparsion on your post
    Let it be known that SLINKY the OP of this thread was last logged on at 3:25 PM today, he created the thread at 9:57am.

So this thread is starting to stink up the place.
    I don't see this type of major power move from Palm. Slow and steady has been their business plan......and what's this about an antenna? I thought the Hollywood wouldn't have one (externally)???
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dragon57
    I don't see this type of major power move from Palm. Slow and steady has been their business plan......and what's this about an antenna? I thought the Hollywood wouldn't have one (externally)???
    Yes --that was the story as Sagio Investments had it: Hollywood = a slimmer no antenna version for Europe that Cingular might pick up for the U.S. market. . . . . .
    A "non-nubbed" Treo would have me at the store or online TONIGHT!!....Just the thought is worth waiting until at least Q2 '06 for a new phone.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treomistress
    I am a Blackberry user and work for a firm that uses them but am looking for possible alternatives because of the lawsuit. I was at a law technology conference this week at the NY Hilton and heard similar news as the poster of this thread but not so many details and just the name 800p. Palm and Blackberry were there. The poster might still be at the conference since it ends today and the schmoozing ends tonight. I have already written Palm and Verizon about the availability of the 800p.

Uh Yeah right whatever........amazing how someone new or fake is posting this.
    NOT FUNNY SLINKY !!!
    Well there was a conference............

http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/ne...l?reqid=810153
    Darn ur hide, Slinky.
    Wars my Treo 800P?
    Get back here and post, you fool!!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Darn ur hide, Slinky.
    Wars my Treo 800P?
    Get back here and post, you fool!!
    Shadow - good to see your square mug again.

Boy, are there going to be some major league P'OD new Veriszon 700p owners if they release this rumored 800 model. Also, the "smaller" antennae makes sense - know Hollywood's GSM version is to be antennae-less (no big trick in the GSM world) but I don't think CDMA can exist without some sort of antennae.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    He means those who laugh last, laugh the loudest..........I think Slinky is laughing the loudest right now.
    Just cause somebody has details doesnt mean its true. no offense meant to anyone.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast