Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    It must be true. Brighthand is now reporting on it!!

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Fi..._the_Treo_800p

Surur
    (just completing the circle)
    So.. Who is the Brighthand mole here?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Well it looks like a 128 MB according to this. I'm sure some (many?) people won't choose the wifi option and use the memory full time. Others, like myself, will probably swap them out.

Here's a question for slinky: Was the wifi an external card based one or an internal one?

Lastly, if I have wifi, a 3.2 MP camera is fine. I can simply e-mail the pics to my gmail account or upload them directly to my server. It's like having an invisible 300GB SD card.
    I read that it will possibly be 64 usable, 64 nonusable and dedicated for operating.
    It was also hinted that the "WIFI" is a card, not onboard. I doubt they can cram an 802.11 card and a 3.2 mp camera that is half decent into something that isn't as clunky as an oldschool ARCHOS
    This is sounding great
    Jimmie Geddes
    Well monster in pocket at least had an april 1st release date
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    So.. Who is the Brighthand mole here?
    All of these boards are incestuous. It doesn't take long for news and rumor to travel.

Of course, I had rather be first in a village than second at Rome...

stop the madness!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You guys are suckers.
    The OP hasn't even posted a response to your questions.
    He's just sitting back and laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by redleaf12@usa.n
    You guys are suckers.
    The OP hasn't even posted a response to your questions.
    He's just sitting back and laughing.
    I agree! Where is this response, Boy Wonder?

The whole of Gaul is divided into three parts!!!
    Last edited by Insertion; 02/01/2006 at 03:44 PM. Reason: grammar wuz teh suxor

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I got a message from Jeff Krivin from 1src about the Treo 700p. He knew way too much about the Treo700 w, spec for spec before it came out. I believe him, and believe that we will have a Treo 700p. He sent me this message, and I posted it at my site on the Treo 700p.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/...7725284205.html

He says, "it will be more impressive than the 700w."

I thinkg Sprint will debut this before years ends, didn't Jeff Hawkins say there would be more devices announced before "years end"?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=96915

Jimmie was right!!!

Surur
    Yes, as others have mentioned, I'd like to hear from Slinky again either coming clean or standing by his statements (which I hope are TOTALLY TRUE, by the way)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    I read that it will possibly be 64 usable, 64 nonusable and dedicated for operating.
    It was also hinted that the "WIFI" is a card, not onboard. I doubt they can cram an 802.11 card and a 3.2 mp camera that is half decent into something that isn't as clunky as an oldschool ARCHOS
    Well if wifi is a card, it should have been fairly obvious (a big sticking card out of the SD slot) and not just a hint. I agree that it's unlikely to be onboard, but I would have expected the rumor to state Wifi via SD card somewhere if that was in case the truth.
    Where's your response, Slinky?!?

It's only hubris if I fail!

12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    It seems entirely plausable that the Palm rep. (or whoever this guy was), specifically installed the Julius Caesar because of the March 15th release date. I think we can agree that it's not a coincidence (or it would be a very unlikely one), but I don't see how it makes things not plausable.

The camera still gives me pause to believe, but the rest is true enough that I'd have to say this is the best of the rumors I've seen.
    Maybe RIM or Microsoft is Caesar?
    Geez..I'm all crazy over this now. I've been looking to ditch my 600 for a while now and this news and the timing are perfect. I'm not locked into a contract, have upgrade $$ to use at my carrier, cash in my pocket and a pen ready to sign a contract. Let the stars align just once.
    The stars will align -- around this configuration:

Posted 1/11/06
    The 700p will have (IMHO):

EV-DO
    64mb
    1.3 megapixel camera
    BT 1.2
    Fat 32 for 4GB SD cards

I will be happy.

Anything else will be a plus.

Cheers, Perry.
    Here's some real news:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/01/pal...rtner=yahootix

Treo 700Palm on sprint and verizon in april ahead of schedule
    A little beyond my:

February 22, 2006 announce
    March 22, 2006 for sale

stab in the dark.

But I will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    As many of you know, I am a Treo 650 owner who has been very unhappy with Verizon's need to shove it to their customers with slower data capabilities and charging us $50 (with taxes) for the same Internet data plan as EVDO sans the speed. In the past I've had to argue with Verizon about wrongful charges, the phone not working properly with the Internet and other connectivity issues, not to leave out the months of insanity where Verizon reps couldn't understand that our "pay as you go" charges could not have been because the Treo automatically connects to the Internet every night at midnight so you have to buy an unlimited data plan or else you risk this problem.

Since I am also a decisionmaker in my company regarding mobile phones, I have a close connection with representatives on all levels of the organization. Yesterday I was at at a technology conference where Palm happened to be an exhibitor, showing off their latest to impress. Blackberry was there too. From a discussion with someone I know and have a relationship with, knowing full well that I am ready to yank our phones off out of Palm's realm, it was confirmed that the next Palm Treo will be the 800p and it will come out on March 15 for reasons he wouldn't disclose but that I could surmise. Another carrier rep whom I know confirmed the same.

The reasoning I was told behind skipping the 700 number series altogether is severalfold --

1) With the 700w gaining such popularity and the enthusiasm for the Palm OS and the old 650 which time has passed by, Palm felt that there needed to be more of an "upgrade" in the minds of consumers than a "later" release of another 700 model.

2) Current features in the 800p will include 128MB RAM, a WiFi option, SD card, BT 2, EVDO of course, enhanced 320x320 screen, slimmer form factor and antenna, will use the same accessories as the 650, 3.2 MP camera.

I was told that if I was curious, I should come down to the lobby bar and meet him and a select few other large firm representatives. You better believe I did. He was **extremely** hands off and wouldn't let us handle the phone but we did see a brief demo!!!! It IS thinner and slightly smaller than the current 650. It has these neat, illuminating ticky-tack keys which didn't seem to be a problem typing. Case is VERY slick and Palm seems to have adopted the Motorola Q type approach of a little more "sleek and cool" rather than just functional. I did NOT see any mention of "800p" anywhere on the phone but that's what we were told. He connected to a wireless WiFi connection effortlessly and also to EVDO. Saying it was fast is an understatement. I'm not sure if Blazer was improved since what he was using seemed to render the pages he showed us with not only more speed but also elegance.

He was a real Shakespeare buff too, this guy. I'm not sure what reader he was using (built in) but he showed us "Julius Caesar" and it looked great and rendering just beautiful. Screen incredibly bright. Sharper and less awkward 5 way button and not everything crammed in like the 650. I asked him about the RAM issue and he said that this additional amount was implemented since they were able to significantly enhance battery life with this model. It had been years since the Tungsten C. Also with other Windows Media devices coming with "128" based devices the Treo 800p would have stacked up very poorly with a "64" for storage. Estimated price will definitely be under $600 which is very exciting. He wouldn't give us any more information regarding carriers but said to be aware of March 15 as a key date.

I am SO glad that we can finally put these sightings and rumors to rest. This is VERY exciting news indeed.
    Is this Treo 800 a Palm OS Device???
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    Here's some real news:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/01/pal...rtner=yahootix

Treo 700Palm on sprint and verizon in april ahead of schedule
    I don't know if that analyst was clueless and confused the 700w and p (I know, it was referenced in the next paragraph - stranger things have happened in the analysts circle*) or if Verizon really will have the exclusive on the P also.

*-On at least one occassion an analyst failed to realize that Palm does more than smartphones.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    craziness.

And that's not really news in the Forbes article, just speculation by an analyst.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Oh come now people. Its an obvious hoax, just a bit more subtle than the "monster in pocket" rumor.

You people must be getting desperate.

Surur

We are desperate!!

We are ready for the new Treo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast