Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspot_mike
    So we'd pay another $600 just to get a phone with EVDO and a wi-fi option? Not likely. What's the point behind this?

The combination of all the improvements would do it for me, specially the new form factor. (If they take out the replaceable battery to accomodate the new form factor, though, I'll stick with the 650.)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I am glad I am not the only one seeing the Julius Caesar - March 15th - Ides of March connection.

This sounds like the "Hollywood" model we have heard about.

This has my attention, but I doubt this Treo 800p is the next thing that Sprint users will see. I hope I am wrong, because this phones sounds fantastic.

Russell
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    I am glad I am not the only one seeing the Julius Caesar - March 15th - Ides of March connection.

This sounds like the "Hollywood" model we have heard about.

This has my attention, but I doubt this Treo 800p is the next thing that Sprint users will see. I hope I am wrong, because this phones sounds fantastic.

Russell
    I've been following the future Treo rumors half heartedy these past few months, but isn't the Hollywood the code name for one of the GSM phones?

I would love to see a 128mb, wifi, WCDMA/EDVO, thinner, longer battery life, sleeker Treo, but i would kill to see pictures and to see what OS it is running.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    If it's true, I'm really interested, going from a 600 to a 800p-I'm ready. EVDO, wifi option, hi res screen and nice keyboard. Oh yeah, more memory.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I want to believe

One thing I've heard from many different people including Jeff Kirvin was that the new Palm OS Treo was going to "ROCK." I guess it is pretty much going to be a major changed like it was from the older flip Treo to the 600.

Another thing that was itching me was the fact that Palm was going to call the new Palm OS Treo 700p. It would be very confusing for the users and future ones. I can see people calling their Treo "700" only and getting confuse about the p or w at the end.

A WiFi option sounds to me the same as the WiFi option for the 700w. Meaning that if you buy a WiFi SD card you can get WiFi.

The 128MB memory could be true given that they might allow the user to use only 64MB of the total.

Going Down Hill....

The part where I do not agree is on the 3.2 Mpxl camera. This is just not going to happen.

Then, the "Julius Caesar" part with the March 15th exact date sound to me like BS. Seriously, it is hard to take this story as real given these last two pieces.

Al
    It seems entirely plausable that the Palm rep. (or whoever this guy was), specifically installed the Julius Caesar because of the March 15th release date. I think we can agree that it's not a coincidence (or it would be a very unlikely one), but I don't see how it makes things not plausable.

The camera still gives me pause to believe, but the rest is true enough that I'd have to say this is the best of the rumors I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    I thought the Hollywood (800p/700p/750p whatever) was going to be GSM first? DO I have to switch back to verizon now!?!
    Meh, im willing to wait for a GSM/UMTS version. maybe they'll even work out a couple bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Then, the "Julius Caesar" part with the March 15th exact date sound to me like BS. Seriously, it is hard to take this story as real given these last two pieces.

Al
    Ya this threw my BS detector into fits.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Why would the camera be hard to believe? There are cheapo cameras these days with more megapixels than that. I'm not impressed by numbers, though. I'd take a 1.3MP over a 3.2MP if the 1.3MP took more pleasing pictures. But don't get me started on that again.

As for the Ides of March reference. This could be a great phone to take the wind out of Microsoft's/Verison's sales (er...sails ). But then he should have had a picture of Brutus on it, no?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I am SO glad that we can finally put these sightings and rumors to rest. This is VERY exciting news indeed.

yeah right...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Et tu, Brute?

Wow, two Caesar quotes from me in one thread...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    this board is killing my productivity today.
    I think I saw Cheney using a Treo 850 during the State of the Union last night. I think he was monitoring my phone calls to Palm looking for information. I think they are calling this the "Therorist Monitoring Progam."

As for the camera. Take a 1.3 MP camera with a great lens over a 3.2 with a bad lens any day and just think how that will hog memory and be slow on the phone.

Beware the Ides of March... Say, I ran into a Palm rep the other day in a subway tunnel and he was telling me about these new his and hers Treos they were coming out with...I think he was calling them Romeo and Juliet... They decided on that codename because the test models died.
    I came carefully out of my pink padded room . . . .only to see this thread . . . . quietly retreating back into my secure environment . . . it's just to friggin crazy ouside these four soothing walls.
    I think most everyone would take a 1.3 MP that takes better quality than a 3.2 MP camera. The thing is that we don't know either, so we kind of have to take it as "all things being equal" 3.2 MP is pretty good.

As far as hogging memory, with 2 GB SD cards costing what 256 MB SD cards did when the Treo 600 was released, so we'd have 8 times the memory. I've got a 1GB SD card in my 5MP camara and can take plenty of pictures.

I don't see how it would slow the phone except for when I'm taking pictures. At that point, I'm probably okay with a little bit of a slow phone, because it's a small percentage of the time using it.

Also, I think I saw a 7.7MP phone in Asia mentioned on Gizmodo.
    It must be true. Brighthand is now reporting on it!!

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Fi..._the_Treo_800p

Surur
    (just completing the circle)
    Wow, I remember that site...

Alas, the die is cast.

how many more quotes can I milk???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    this board is killing my productivity today.
    Sounds like you should join us for the next meeting of Treoholics Anonymous!
    I hope for Palms future sake that their next phone does stand up to the industries basic standards concerning memory and WIFI support. If not, they are going to not only shoot themselves in the foot, but maybe forced to amputate a whole leg!

Then if you throw in some extras like a high mp camera, they just might be starting to get back on track.

I am still waiting for Palm to blow the market away, like they did with the 600. At the time they far exceeded anything out there. Ever since then, I have been just hoping for a phone from them that has even the lowest basic standards.
    If this is true, it sounds like my wallet is going to have to get very fat very quickly so I can buy one. I just got my 650 back in June of 2005.
    One question though, the 'encouraged' WIFI option would take the place of the only SD card you can put in the phone correct, like with the 700W. Therefore, why would you want a 3.2 mp camera with 64 mb to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    If this is true, it sounds like my wallet is going to have to get very fat very quickly so I can buy one. I just got my 650 back in June of 2005.
    One question though, the 'encouraged' WIFI option would take the place of the only SD card you can put in the phone correct, like with the 700W. Therefore, why would you want a 3.2 mp camera with 64 mb to deal with.
    Well it looks like a 128 MB according to this. I'm sure some (many?) people won't choose the wifi option and use the memory full time. Others, like myself, will probably swap them out.

Here's a question for slinky: Was the wifi an external card based one or an internal one?

Lastly, if I have wifi, a 3.2 MP camera is fine. I can simply e-mail the pics to my gmail account or upload them directly to my server. It's like having an invisible 300GB SD card.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast