1.    #1  
    wap.usatoday.com/detail.jsp?key=420602
    Do you have a link that IE can access?
    I couldn't really find anything on HTML USA Today except the blurb about Visto suing Good. Probably affects the 700w. I saw another article that said similar. But it said Visto was suing MSFT over WM5(the Exchange part).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yeah, looks like Visto is suing everyone with BB type mail. Well Chatteremail is still here, & works great on Treo
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    BTW, here's a link:
    http://www.visto.com/
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I must have overlooked this somehow. Here's a full article. Is this what the OP meant? It says a lot of what the other 2 articles said, plus 2 other companies. YIKES!!

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...ss-email_x.htm
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/01/2006 at 02:09 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Do you have a link that IE can access?
    Oh, willpower... how about using a real browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by BP_B850
    wap.usatoday.com/detail.jsp?key=420602
    For the browser challenged, here's the content reposted:
    Quote Originally Posted by usatoday.com
    Legal disputes spread to BlackBerry rivals

1/31/2006 9:48 PM
    Mobile e-mail addicts, already nervous about a lawsuit that threatens to shut down BlackBerry service in the USA, have another reason to fret: BlackBerry's biggest rival was hit with a similar lawsuit Tuesday.

Visto, a maker of mobile e-mail systems for cellphone carriers, sued rival Good Technology in U.S. District Court. Visto claims Good has violated several patents dating to 1997. Good sells e-mail products for the Palm Treo, Hewlett-Packard iPaq and other handheld devices.

Customers shouldn't rush out to replace e-mail gadgets just because they're jittery, says Gartner tech analyst Ken Dulaney. Much of the industry is now involved in intertwined legal disputes. Most users should wait until the mess works itself out, he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Is this what the OP meant?
    Yes, I believe it is. But it's a bit of a stretch to say the Treo is threatended. Rather, it's the software vendors. What will be interesting is to see the length of the claims Visto makes... to determine if others in the market could realistically be threatened. Frankly, I don't give two shakes if Good has the same trouble RIM did with NTP, since Good went to lengths to reassure customers they weren't affected. Hmmph!

Needless to say, I'm quite happy using a non-centralized email client that talks to all my various servers (work & home) without any difficulty: ChatterEmail. There are of course other good clients (e.g. SnapperMail). But I think that, as a category, these are less likely to be troubled by such litigation.
    Sprint Biz Connect is GREAT for email, plus it allows me to get docs from my home PC while away from home
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I don't use official corporate email either. But this sure presents problems for the many who do. Some people don't have a lot of choice but to use what the company tells them to.

I'm starting to feel left out, I want to sue somebody. I think I will sue Perry for infringing on my foam slippers patent.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 02/01/2006 at 07:29 AM.
    From Visto's press relases today:
    http://www.visto.com/news/releases/0...claration.html

"Visto is a leading global provider of secure push email services with a client list that includes Cingular, Sprint Nextel, the Vodafone Group, Rogers Wireless, and many other companies. Visto Mobile service, which gives consumers the ability to access their email without compromising security, is available in 75 mobile phones and devices, including the Palm Treo 650 and the Motorola RAZR. Visto, a pioneer in the wireless email market, holds 25 patents and has 57 patents pending."

What Cingular product uses Visto? Which application for the Treo 650 uses Visto?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Vikingjunior,

LOL!!!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com