Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://cestockblog.com/article/6347

says sprint expects 700W by end of Feb. ?

I don't even want to speculate on this one.
    Hmm I read in that Sprint plans to carry both the 700w *washes hands after typing that* and the 650, so for now I'll assume that if and when the 700p ever sees the light of day, they will carry it as well. Doesn't read as bad news to me.
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Hmm I read in that Sprint plans to carry both the 700w *washes hands after typing that* and the 650, so for now I'll assume that if and when the 700p ever sees the light of day, they will carry it as well. Doesn't read as bad news to me.
    Same here.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

except that it likely means the 700p won't be around for MANY months not 1-2.

Officially gave up the crack pipe (ie hoping for 700p soon) 10 days now and counting
    This is good news!

They got 3 out 4 right.

Sprint
    End of February

They just missed on the P.

Verizon will have their 6 month exclusive, we will have the 700P.

My 2/22 announce date is just looking better and better!

Cheers, Perry
    That means alot of people will commit forum-suicide.
    I wouldn't mind a Sprint 700p or w near the end of Feb.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah I'm hoping they mean 700P instead of W. The earlier rumor was the P, but this comes (consider the source) from an analyst who has been following PALM for some time now. I respect his notes.

But this doesn't make sense with the original statements from Palm that says that they gave verizon the exclusive for 3-6 months on the 700W.

Could the 700p be delayed, which somehow allows a loophole for Palm to allow Sprint the right to sell the 700W before the exclusive period is over. Beats me.

Perry, I'm with you, I'm just hoping they misplaced the P for W. I have not seen the original report so I don't know.

Here's to hoping the 700p arrives before teh 700w on Sprint
    Ok reality check..................Perry I will start to prepare you room, just the way you like it.

It's looking like my friend was right, Sprint is getting the 700w and I am going to be sick. Come on let's face it Windows has taken over look at all the manufactures of Smartphones there ALL putting Windows in. This sucks...
    Reality

700P

Sprint

Soon

I Believe!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie

Unfortunately, it does to me. Absolutely NO mention or even a hint of a new Palm OS Treo, just the 700w and the 650.

But I'd like to know if Verizon had a 6 month exclusive, how can anyone else sell the 700w around March? Was it 3 and not 6?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Ok reality check..................Perry I will start to prepare you room, just the way you like it.

It's looking like my friend was right, Sprint is getting the 700w and I am going to be sick. Come on let's face it Windows has taken over look at all the manufactures of Smartphones there ALL putting Windows in. This sucks...
    I agree! But what happened to those other models? The Lowrider and the Hollywood? If they don't release the 700p, they can at least give us one of those with the Palm OS on it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    where did everyone get the idea that Sprint is even getting the next PalmOS treo? It is talked about on these forums like it's almost a fact. What about Cingular users getting a GSM (3G of course) PalmOS Treo next?
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz
    where did everyone get the idea that Sprint is even getting the next PalmOS treo? It is talked about on these forums like it's almost a fact. What about Cingular users getting a GSM (3G of course) PalmOS Treo next?
    Stayed tuned for just one of the many references that have crossed these pages in the last 2-3 months:

ED COLLIGAN, Nov 8, 2005 We have a rich product roadmap of Palm OS-based handheld computers, mobile managers AND Treo smartphones that we intend to deliver. Our Palm OS customer loyalty is extremely high, and we intend to continue to earn that loyalty with great Palm OS-based products. We have sold more than 30 million Palm OS-based products over the years, and it is not our intent to walk away from such a strong and loyal user base. That's why in May we extended our license for Palm OS, giving us the right to continue to make and market Palm OS-based products until 2010.

Treo 700p, Hollywood, Lowrider Treos Coming Next Year
    Posted By: Ryan on Monday, November 21, 2005 11:38:15 AM Sagio Investments, one of the largest Palm shareholders, has released a new investment report on Palm Inc. The report details Palm's current business strategy and market analysis. The report even goes on to detail a number of future Treo product releases for 2006.

The Palm research report has been posted by Sagio Investments here (.pdf link).

Highlights Include:

Smartphones represented 67% of revenues in 1Q06, growing 167% yoy. Palm also picked up market share in the US with 31% of the market second only to RIMM (55%). PALM had 11% of worldwide market share behind both RIMM (22%) and NOKIA (17%).
    Palm's handheld market-share in the US is 61%
    According to industry report the market for data enabled devices (Treo and blackberry line) will grow tenfold by 2008. Passing from an estimate 4 millions devices to an estimate 40 millions.
    They claim Push Email is the first real killer-app for Smartphones and compares it to the introduction on of spreadsheets and Word for PC.
    Palm has a competitive advantage because it can run the most Push email systems on the market
    Palm has a very high chance to ship over 2.5 million Smartphones in fiscal 2006
    They conclude that Palm's stock valuation is currently "cheap" and compare it's price to Apple Computer's before the company introduced the iPod line.
    New Treo Products
    The report also details that the company has learned that Palm will introduce several new Treo models in 2006. These include the Treo 700w (the Windows Mobile Treo), a 700p (the same model running Palm OS Garnet) as well as two new designs code-named "Hollywood" and "Lowrider".

We know that PALM will introduce four new models in CY 06. In January they will introduce the already announced Treo 700 Windows which will be a Verizon exclusivity it will be the first EV-DO Treo on the market. Around the same time we believe PALM will launch a Treo 700p running PALM OS on the Sprint network, both devices will keep same form factor and will capitalize on the Treo strong foothold in the US enterprise Market. We also learned that PALM will be launching two new products around March 06 codenamed “Hollywood” and “Lowrider”. According to the Morgan Stanley analyst in Asia (covers HTC) the estimate production output will be 200K devices/month.

“Hollywood” will be a fancier 3G/GSM smartphone which will represent PALM first attempt at the European GSM market. We know the phone will have no external antenna and will probably he launched by Cingular in the US.
    “Lowrider” will be a sub-$300 devices utilizing previous generation radios and providing PALM with an entry level PDA.

Thanks to David Beers for the tip.

Palm Says 3 New Treo Smartphones in 2006
    Posted By: Ryan on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:11:29 PM Palm CEO Ed Colligan stated in todays Palm's earnings conference call that Palm will announce three new smartphones next year, in addition to the Treo 700w. Read on for more details.

"We'll roll out the Palm Treo 700w smartphone based on Microsoft's Windows Mobile, and we'll announce three additional new smartphones during calendar year 2006." said said Ed Colligan. During the conference call he further stated that these new models will debut with new industrial designs and at different price points. They will also implement next-generation radio technologies.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/31/2006 at 08:23 PM.
  15.    #15  
    well Sagio is right so far.

why is this other analyst saying 700W?

we know Sprint will have something new in Feb.

does anyone tyink palm can realistically launch 3 new phones by April?
    Posted By: Ryan on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:11:29 PM Palm CEO Ed Colligan stated in todays Palm's earnings conference call that Palm will announce three new smartphones next year, in addition to the Treo 700w.

A 700W on Sprint is not "an additional new" smartphone.

The 700P lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Posted By: Ryan on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:11:29 PM Palm CEO Ed Colligan stated in todays Palm's earnings conference call that Palm will announce three new smartphones next year, in addition to the Treo 700w.

Do you read this every night before you go to be Perry?
    Someone has to carry the banner forward !!
    1 The GSM version of the 700w
    2 The European phone they have spoke of called "Hollywood"
    3 Low cost, less features Low-Rider (read:Stripped down Treo)
    4 The recently released CDMA 700w

Seems to me a 700p would have tobe the 5th phone if they release it...
    I would think numbers 1 and 4 would be the same thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast