Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't forget, Shadowmite has already seen a 700P...
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    I would think numbers 1 and 4 would be the same thing.
    Wow... WM5 makes GSM operate like CDMA? Will the wonders never cease?

IMHO, I think the 700P would be a huge letdown. Let the WM5 crowd eat cake. Let's see a Hollywood running Linux, damnit! Why would we want to take a step back on screen res just to pick up 3G speed? No better camera (they should dump that sillya** thing), no better form factor, memory mgmt, etc.

[chant]HOL-LY-WOOD! HOL-LY-WOOD! HOL-LY-WOOD![/chant]
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    1 The GSM version of the 700w
    2 The European phone they have spoke of called "Hollywood"
    3 Low cost, less features Low-Rider (read:Stripped down Treo)
    4 The recently released CDMA 700w

Seems to me a 700p would have tobe the 5th phone if they release it...

I have read the articles as #1 and #2 being the same thing.

The 700P lives.

Cheers, Perry.
    Forget the 700p, Perry. It's going to be a 7 freakin' 50. Yep. 750p!!!!!!
    It's funny this one article has successfully reached about 20 forums already, even engadget has posted it like it's true.
    Good news (or good rumours at least) travels fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Wow... WM5 makes GSM operate like CDMA? Will the wonders never cease?

IMHO, I think the 700P would be a huge letdown. Let the WM5 crowd eat cake. Let's see a Hollywood running Linux, damnit! Why would we want to take a step back on screen res just to pick up 3G speed? No better camera (they should dump that sillya** thing), no better form factor, memory mgmt, etc.

[chant]HOL-LY-WOOD! HOL-LY-WOOD! HOL-LY-WOOD![/chant]

Well the orginal message said that there will be 3 new smartphones in addition to the Treo 700w. The first one and the fourth one in the list were both Treo 700w s. That leaves room for one more smartphone, the Treo 750 or 700p.

800P

Do I hear a 9?

My little padded pink room is going to be very crowded !

LOL

Treo 800p Confirmation - March 15

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106038
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I dare to say the industry considers a GSM and a CDMA version of the same phone to be 2 different phone offerings. They are different and have different radios.

That being said, I truly hope they come out with a new Palm based Treo for you who are waiting with baited breath. My fear is you are getting excited by stock day trader sorts who are in here releasing rumor stories in cruel ways in order to effect the stock price of a publicly traded corporation. Recall when the 600 and 650 and 700 were leaked there were confirmable sources, pictures and in the case of the 700w actua video of the device working and several in these forums spent days trying to disprove the videos. Now you are all taking as gospel the release of product which is only speculated and there are no pictures. No video. No leaked credible sources. Just people who want to profit off your willingness to beieve in their far flung tales. Sorry but some of their stories are ripe with stupidity and full of holes.
    You know, Palm stock has been going up steadily. Wonder how much it is tied to this wide (and not factually substantiated) belief that there will be a 700p out soon. surely not going up this much based on how the 700w is doing. how long will it take to crash when no 700p is announced... 1 month? 3? 6?

losing/lost the faith...
    Oh ye of little faith. Of course there will be a new POS Treo. How big an improvement it will be is up for debate until it's officially announced, but it WILL come. I don't know when, but Palm has too big a loyal user base to ignore. It will come.
    Last edited by NJ Dog Doc; 02/02/2006 at 10:34 AM.
    Oh, I think it WILL happen, just not as soon as we all (including me) hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by akoryj
    You know, Palm stock has been going up steadily. Wonder how much it is tied to this wide (and not factually substantiated) belief that there will be a 700p out soon. surely not going up this much based on how the 700w is doing. how long will it take to crash when no 700p is announced... 1 month? 3? 6?

losing/lost the faith...
    Actually, the rise in stock appears to be related to several factors including:

-BB's troubles with the patents
    -The favorable reception of the 700w, business likes windows!
    -The last 2 quaters results which were very good, over a million Treos sold.
    -The speculation that Palm might get sold or bought out. This one is perhaps being fueled by people that wanted to drive the stock up, Forbes article mentioned it but said unlikely, also a Reuters report today that a big (7%) shareholder has sent a letter to palm asking that they sell to another company.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12