1. Pam
    I'm desperately searching for a good deal on a treo 650 and came across a deal on ebay through the seller: Sprintnetwork. they offer the treo for 69.99 after your credit is preapproved. they are a 3rd party distributor. i'm alittle nervous about giving them any info and wanted to know if anyone has purchased a treo this way? please email me at the address below.
    thanks in advance.
    pam
    rnspamela@surewest.net
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    They will sign you up for some service and the money you save on the phone will be added to the cost of your service. You can have a new 650 for around 300 without a plan if you look hard enough. I wouldn't buy a used one.
  3. Pam
    thanks for the response. i'd have to pay 69.99 on my first sprint bill, the plan would be about $60 month including the cellular service. there's no activation charge, the only catch is i would have to pay $150 to get out of my cingular contract; i will be porting my current number if i do this deal. i have looked high and low for a treo but the lowest price i can find is $499. any suggestions where i can find one < $300?
    thanks in advance.
    Earlier in January my Sprint Store was selling a new Treo 650 for $249 with a new 2 year contract. . . . I think they are back to $299 -- I would go into a Sprint Store and ask. . . .maybe if they know you are porting over from Cingular -- they can work a deal. As the 700P or 700W at Sprint nears -- the price of the 650 should continue to soften. . .
    Check back on the Cingular website every once and a while. When they have the 650 refurbs available, it will be on their website for $139 w/2 yr service. I'm not sure what your status is with your Cingular contract, but you may be able to pull that off. Their brand new ones are $299.
    i bought an unbranded gsm phone from ebay for 360 dollar without any contract and i think this is the best deal you can get out there....any other would simply incorporate a contract which would mean that you end up paying more
    Quote Originally Posted by pam
    I'm desperately searching for a good deal on a treo 650 and came across a deal on ebay through the seller: Sprintnetwork. they offer the treo for 69.99 after your credit is preapproved. they are a 3rd party distributor. i'm alittle nervous about giving them any info and wanted to know if anyone has purchased a treo this way? please email me at the address below.
    thanks in advance.
    pam
    rnspamela@surewest.net

Visit Amazon.com, if you are switching carriers. For Cingular, you can get a 650 for 179 after rebates. And yo ucan port your number. Here is the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

Good luck.
    I bought it from them for 179 about a year ago.... Pretty nice to deal with. I received my 650 a day after I talked to them on the phone! Yes, the price is after all the discounts applied, it turned out to be the best deal I could find for the new plan.
  9. Pam
    unfortunately I am already with Cingular and they will not allow me to switch my phone until my contract is up (November). What about reburbished/factory serviced phones? Are they a deal? I have seen some of those for alittle less.
    Call cing and tell them you are thinking about getting a second phone, you understand that you don't qualify for an upgrade yet, but would like to see what they have in stock as far as refurbs go. Let them look and give you some options, then guide them to the 650, without saying that it is the one you want, you're just looking... If they have them in stock you may be able to get the one for $139.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I would also tell them you are looking to cancel your Cingular account to get one - they may pass you to the retention department. I can't imagine that if you offer to sign on to a new contract (1 or 2 year) they won't be able to get you a deal on a Treo.
    To echo the previous posters and and add my own:

You can get a 650 for as low as $99 (earthlink (which is either Sprint or VZW network depending on location) and sometimes Verizon) with a new two year contract.

Depending on how long you've been with Cing they may cut a deal to keep you - VZW did that for me on a 650; I did leave and come back within 30 days so they gave me a deal, refunded the early termination fee and didn't add on to my contract. The key is to get to the right person - the phone reps said they couldn't do that; the retention folks can (and act surprised that a rep flat refused to help). I'd bet you can work a deal on a refurbished phone, especially if you have an expensive plan and are adding a data service to it. The thing is to be persistant until you get to someone who can work a deal; and be sure to understand what the termination cost will be and how long you have to get that refunded if you come back.

The key is - are you happy with VZW? Do you want a phone you can unlock if needed (CDMA is not unlockable)? What will the total cost be over life of the contract (Phone plus 12 or 24x data and voice)? It may be cheaper to buy a refurb phone and get and added line for 9.99 and then switch phones from one plan to another.
    Last edited by jcoffey; 01/30/2006 at 02:49 PM.