1.    #1  
    my charger port became loose so sprint gave me another 650 for warranty replacement. the phone works great all except I tried to lock my phone the other day and could not figure out the lock code. it was not the last 4 of my social or phone number. I went to the sprint store, the tech wasn't there but the rep couldn't unlock it for me. some how it the lock code got changed from something other than the last 4 of my phone #. has any one ever ran into this problem before? the rep ended up giving me the phone number for palm customer support and advised me to call them for assistance, is that lame or what.
    Just for fun, try four zeroes?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    thanks, I tried it still no luck. do you think if they reprogramed the phone that it would default the lock code to the last 4 digits of my phone #?
    It could. Just try it. It cant hurt.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Hard reset time ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    I had a similar prob and did a lot of searching in many places, with the only solution being unfortunately, as Aloke above suggests, a hard reset.

geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff
    I had a similar prob and did a lot of searching in many places, with the only solution being unfortunately, as Aloke above suggests, a hard reset.

geoff
    I don't believe hard resetting will fix your problem, the phone password does not reset with a hard reset, only the PDA password gets reset. This happened to me, you need a PST program to read your phones settings which will also display your password.
    what if he hard resets but does not hotsync back to the old ID? isn't that like a virgin phone at that time
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    it will not help, the radio portion of the phone is not affected i.e. your mobile number will still be there after a hard reset. the same is true of the phone portion password which does not reset either after a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    A hard reset did work for me when I was locked out after playing around with the inbuilt security program of the 600. Luckily I have BackUpMan do an auto backup each night at 3am, so no great pain. Interestingly I left the device overnight to see if BackUpMan would do its thing while in lockdown mode - it does. But when I tried to restore from this backup I ended up with the same system lockout. No real problem -I just had to go back and restore from the previous day's backup which solved my problem. Just lost a days work, which made me look into Onguard as a complement to my main backup prog.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    ah i see that two different passwords are being discussed here: 1. the phone password (which Ive never used, and which other posters know is not reset) and 2. the PDA password. Can we be certain which one plur200 is actually referring to? Maybe plur200 could clarify this.
  12.    #12  
    i'm referring to the phone password. I called customer service and they advised me that I would have to take it the sprint store and have the technician unlock it. I haven't had a chance to yet because my work hours conflict with the store hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff
    ah i see that two different passwords are being discussed here: 1. the phone password (which Ive never used, and which other posters know is not reset) and 2. the PDA password. Can we be certain which one plur200 is actually referring to? Maybe plur200 could clarify this.
    Yeah, what's the Phone Password on my GSM Cingular phone? Option -> Phone Lock?

I have never used it. Didnn't even realize it as there!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM