1.    #1  
    OK, I am not as techie as most of you, at least from what I have read. I was trying to set up the versamail that came with my treo, but it asked a lot of questions I really didn't get. I use a yahoo email account, and one through my isp (Wal-mart internet, don't laugh). How do I go about setting these up and checking them on my phone?

Also, internet? I haven't tried it yet. Can I go to regular websites, like this one or other message boards? Using whatever came with the phone, don't really want to buy another browser right now (funds are low). Wouldn't mind a free one if better.
    Yes you can go to any web site --it is just that graphic intense web sites take forever to load.

For TreoCentral: type in this address to get a Treo friendly format (not all the editing capabilities but enough to read and post) http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com

For other Web sites -- there are "squeezing" portals that you can use that will strip away much of the fluff on a website and just give you the content.

One is: http://www.google.com/gwt/n
    go to this site first and then key in your desired destination. Give it a try.

Cheers, Perry
    Is your yahoo email account a free one or do you pay (i.e. do you have pop access?)

Yes, you can surf regular websites, but I think you will prefer the speeds from going to the different mobile sites. Opera I think is free, xiino is much faster but costs.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

You can use a mobile version of Yahoo which works fine. It can be accessed through the web. I don't have the URL at this moment. Maybe someone else can come up with it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    Excellent info guys, really helps. Great info here always.

--Oh, I use the free yahoo.
    Last edited by emunch; 01/27/2006 at 01:13 PM.