1.    #1  
    My ex would say for many things but this is about my Treo.

When I try to access email, either by the email button or main menu, the Treo freezes up. I have to do a soft reset (remove battery) to unfreeze. I can't even do a sync because when it gets to email it freezes.

Any thoughts?

Btw, I've had the Treo for 8 months (love it, no major issues until now) but consider myself a newbie, especially after reading this forum. Great stuff and much appreciated.
    I have a crazy thought....you could provide some details to give folks any chance at all of helping you.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    What e-mail program are you using ? ANn how much e-mails do you have in your in box and other boxes. I tend to save e-mails in my in box until In get around to doing something with them. So my inboxes (3 accounts) may have like 40 MB, 30 MB and 5 MB in them.....way way too much for a handheld. When out of office i have Treo d/l last 24 hours worth of headers and only d/l those that are going to need attention before I am back in the office. I never sync my e-mail a skeeping all that stuff in two places I find redundant.

You don't need to remove battery to do soft reset...just stick your stylus in little hole after emoving battery cover....or use software soft reset if you have one.
  4.    #4  
    Ah come on Jo, you're not crazy I'm using Versamail, my inbox is empty and what other info would be needed.

Thanks Jack, that will save time.
    Have you set up versamail...entering your name password server settings etc ?

What mail service are you trying to connect to ?

Yous eeing the little green arrow signal indicator where your "signal bars" are ?
  6.    #6  
    Yes, I've been using versamail fine until now.

As soon as I push the email button my email acct. shows up as normal then the Treo freezes/locks up. I can't use any other funtion or turn it off. I have to do a soft reset for it to work again.