Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    He was as excited as I am to get one. He'd said he'd seen several references on the sprint subnet to it being released 1st quarter of this year, and he'd also said he was pretty sure he'd read it'd be running the "new palm operating system" (read COBALT). He sounded pretty confident about what he'd read, so it true, that would so sooooooooo cool. There is hope for cobalt on the 700p, and I'm personally betting that's why palm is so very hush hush about it.
    All taken with a grain of salt but yes, the pieces of the puzzle are coming together, a few have said of Sprint higher ups relaying of a new OS and Cobalt being the most logical solution for EVDO, etc, etc...
    hehhe, aint it kool when guesses come nearly true as a rumor...i thnk so, and i aint seen a thing yet.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Im sure it will come out...the question is when? How long can Palm wait to help the sales of the 700w?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I thought Palm was going to come out with a non-palmsource Linux based Treo first?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I guess it kinda makes sense. They're being so hush hush about it and keeping it very well hidden (even keeping FCC filings from being made public) because it might have Cobalt.
    As much as I'd like to see it, I highly doubt this rep knew what he was talking about.
    FCC filings can and have been kept hidden. This is not a shock at all that they would do it. What is a shock is the COBALT, and lack of leaked photos/specs. It is Vaporware as of now, considering its release was immenient in 2004.
    I'd be happy it is running Cobalt because I won't be tempted to immediately buy it and have to deal with testing 3rd party application compatibility. Having done that with the 650, and finally having mine fairly stable, I'll let others be guinea pigs this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I'd be happy it is running Cobalt because I won't be tempted to immediately buy it and have to deal with testing 3rd party application compatibility. Having done that with the 650, and finally having mine fairly stable, I'll let others be guinea pigs this time around.
    There are always pros and cons to being an early adapter.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Wiggles nose. . . . scurries off. . . .
    I really don't know why I posted that. In reality, I'll probably be first in line when Sprint has it available. I can't seem to help myself and must be a glutton for punishment.
    I really don't know why I posted that. In reality, I'll probably be first in line when Sprint has it available. I can't seem to help myself and must be a glutton for punishment.

I hope you understood I was wiggling my own nose and not commenting on you.

Cheers, Perry
    Yes, you're right. (One less person for me to beat to the Sprint store.) Palm, if you're reading this, I'll gladly pay to beta test yet another Treo while everyone else waits. Email me: pleasegivemeacobalttreo@needmultitasking.net
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

I hope you understood I was wiggling my own nose and not commenting on you.

Cheers, Perry
    Oh yeah, I got it. No worries.
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, but one could argue that the 700w is "using Palm's new OS."
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, but one could argue that the 700w is "using Palm's new OS."
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Tee Hee.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Ouch - I hadn't thought of that before. Everyone knows I don't beleive there will be a Palm OS 700.

[SORRY PERRY]

This would be in keeping with that. The "new" Palm OS is WM5. Sad.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I also spoke to a Sprint Rep yesterday. She said she knew of a new Treo 700 coming and her reports showed it should be out first Q. She did not know if it was a 700anything ....She said she her some of her Techs talking about it and some sort of training they needed for the new version.

This being said... I usually never believe SPRINT reps... But I thought I would add my name to the believers!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast