Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    I am a new Sprint Rep (as of 2/1/06). One of the first things I asked my Store manager was about the 700P. He is a Treo enthusiast like me. He stated we would receive the 700W in late April or May. I shared the rumors of the 700P from this forum and the whole "I have a 700P in my Hands" thread. He hadn't heard anything about it.

I personally think it WILL come to Sprint, but is being kept quiet from frontline staff so as to not be a distraction from current sales goals. . This is my best guess, and is just a guess.

I was just thinking about what your input might be on this on the drive into work this morning. I was going to PM you, now I do not have to . . . . .

I was thinking along the same lines --especially if Palm had a keep quiet agreement with Verizon to give the 700W it's window of opportunity.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I was just thinking about what your input might be on this on the drive into work this morning. I was going to PM you, now I do not have to . . . . .

I was thinking along the same lines --especially if Palm had a keep quiet agreement with Verizon to give the 700W it's window of opportunity.

Cheers, Perry

I guess that "Keep Quite" thing backfired...........No wonder Palm ran to Merlyn's house...........
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I said it before and I'll say it again, as per a good friend Sprint is prepared to recieve the 700w which Verizon had a 3 month exclusive NOT a 6 month exclusive on. The 700P is a Q3/4 release.

To think Sprint would release a 700w and 700p around the same time is ludricious, I wish it was true but it's not and am not going to keep lying to myself about it. Somebody just call me when we get closer to a 700P release date, I have to get back to real life now.
    Will do Viking!

Gotta love this. It's like the never ending season of "24", twists and turns in every scene and a just wait 'til next week episode ender. I don't know how to reconcile your friend's statement with Shadowmite never having seen or heard of a Sprint 700W from his source.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Will do Viking!

Gotta love this. It's like the never ending season of "24", twists and turns in every scene and a just wait 'til next week episode ender. I don't know how to reconcile your friend's statement with Shadowmite never having seen or heard of a Sprint 700W from his source.

Cheers, Perry

I hate having to go against Shadow's statement and am not calling him a liar, but he's human and MAY of missed something...........

Honestly I hope am wrong....................
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    If it has the new Palm-UI-over-Linux, I'm definitely buying one.
    Why?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I hate having to go against Shadow's statement and am not calling him a liar, but he's human and MAY of missed something...........

From now on I will be referring to the new POS Treo as "The 700pm". Short for, The 700 Phantom Menace. I'm going to guess that the 700pm won't be here until bikinis are on the NJ beach again.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    What statement from Shadowmite are you talking about? Did he say that the 700w wasn't planned for Sprint anytime soon?

Regarding the 700p, it sounds like his statements line up with what you're hearing, which sounds like a long wait for Palm OS fans wanting Ev-DO.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    What statement from Shadowmite are you talking about? Did he say that the 700w wasn't planned for Sprint anytime soon?

Regarding the 700p, it sounds like his statements line up with what you're hearing, which sounds like a long wait for Palm OS fans wanting Ev-DO.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    They have not tested any other palm phones I'm sorry to say. The 700w is VZW's ONLY for 6 months. That is fact. The sprint people who believe otherwise are mis-referencing the 700p.
    Folks, I can safely say, the 700p will debut on sprint (I believe they'll be first, but can't promise this). Sprint is only testing ONE new palm device. And that IS the 700p. But it's pre-pre testing only. This is not the final testing phase. It's a ways off.
    Umm, I would say around May, but that's purely a guess with almost ZERO knowledge factored in.

It's very contradictory to everything I have heard...................
    Here's another piece of meat for you wolves to digest: Sprint had a full page ad in USA Today this morning offering the 650 for $99 w/a 2yr agreement. Sprint always (thus far, IIRC) deep discounts premium handsets when the replacement is about to debut.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Sprint's site is still showing the 650 for $350. Is there a special URL to find this offer or is this for in-store purchases only?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I wish everyone would quit doubting the existence of the 700p.. I have held one in my hands before xmas as well as the 700w.

The photos on the net match what I saw.
    I am not sure however if it is running cobalt.
    Hdhntr23 climbs up to his lair and watches the room chat monkies swarm and ask "how did you come across... did you hav any pix.... why did you have to give it back.... are you slinky... I dont believe you ..."

sigh as the Treo turns.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiecam
    I wish everyone would quit doubting the existence of the 700p.. I have held one in my hands before xmas as well as the 700w.

I don't think people are doubting the 700P, were doubting that it will come before the 700w for Sprint

how did you come across...

did you hav any pix....

why did you have to give it back....

are you slinky...

I dont believe you ...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    hehehe

I bet his PM box is gonna explode too.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    how did you come across...

did you hav any pix....

why did you have to give it back....

are you slinky...

I dont believe you ...

LOL..................

Well then you are lying, because it most certainly is NOT cobalt.

LOL, you are of course entitled to your opinion. But I'm telling you fact, the 700w will not be out on sprint until at LEAST July or later. It's not even in testing. While the 700p is not offically being tested, it IS in a limited gateway testing.
    LOL, you are of course entitled to your opinion. But I'm telling you fact, the 700w will not be out on sprint until at LEAST July or later. It's not even in testing. While the 700p is not offically being tested, it IS in a limited gateway testing.

Viking!

I keep telling you to hang with me bud and you keep bailing on me with these fits of panic. . . . . . .

When you feel one of these attacks coming on:

Put your hands on your horns. . .

Step back from the keyboard. . .

And breath deeply until it passes. . .

shadowmite you must not have read my message, I said I was not sure if it was cobalt, as I did not look at the phone info screen.

I had to give it back because it is not mine..

My friend works for one of the larger palm developers and he borrowed them from their engineering deptartment for a night. If you don't believe me I don't care, but you can search my previous posts about the 650, which I also got to play with before it's release.
    I didn't take photos because I think my friend has NDAs to worry about.
    He has heard May for Sprint release, but when I said the rumors are saying April, he said that might be correct.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast