Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone & Anyone,
    I wanted to put a note out there because I currently have a Blackberry which I love; however, I recently had the pleasure to use a Treo and it's even better. The one reason I'm holding off is because I can't live without my direct connect. Does anyone know if Sprint/Nextel is coming out with a Treo that has direct connect and if so when? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. #2  
    Well with DC slowly evaporting I doubt it, the only thing I could see is maybe Sprint's new platform Q chat being intergrated into a Treo in the distant future.
  3.    #3  
    Why do you say the DC is going away???
  4.    #4  
    so question for all you out there. Knowing that I love direct connect, I'm happy with my Blackberry but very interested in the Treo...what would you do.
    My buddy just took a new job and can no longer use his Treo. He's going to sell it to me dirt cheap and it's pretty much brand new.
    Would you wait to see what's happening with this Blackberry mess?
    Would you change to the Treo?
    Would you wait to see if the Treo is going to come out with a DC feature???
    HELP ME before I miss out on this possible great deal!
  5. #5  
    Sorry I thought you knew, but DC is on the way out the door, maybe by end of 2008, I believe that EVDO rev A is the pathway for the new platform. I think it's becomes quite obvious with the lack of DC phones on the horizon.

    What you could do is buy the 650 for dirt cheap try it out for 14 days and if you don't like go back to DC and sell the 650.
  6. #6  
    My DC is the biggest thing I miss the most about my BB... I was considering carrying two devices a regular Nextel for DC only, and the Treo for everything else... It would have worked out to be about the same amount of money per month because of the money I would have saved with a unlimited $10 Sprint data plan versus a $45-$50 unlimited BB data plan. But now that nextel to nextel & sprint to nextel is free I don't miss it as much.
    HTC Touch Pro
  7. #7  
    Am I the only one who thinks DC is among the most obnoxious technologies on the market today? Cell phones in general bother me in close quarter public places, such as the train, restaurants, etc. But the nextel chirping and the oh so considerate people yelling into their phones, forcing everyone around them to listen to both sides of their conversation, are really, really annoying.

    Maybe it's just me...
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Maybe it's just me...
    No, no, no.... it's definitely not just you. You expressed my sentiments exactly.
  9. #9  
    Used a nextel for the first time last weekend, well the DC feature anyway. It lagged alot. Sometimes i would hit the 'talk button' and it would have a loud annoying tone, not the usual connect tone. It is definetly not worth giving up my treo. I do like the way the Cingular Direct Connect works, with away messages and such.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    No, no, no.... it's definitely not just you. You expressed my sentiments exactly.

    It is absolutely not you!! I think that it is among the most obnoxious things in public places. Especially since it is not necessary to use the speaker when using DC. You can use it privately, but NO, people have to STRESS HOW IMPORTANT THEY ARE BY HAVING THIER ENTIRE CONVERSATION IN PUBLIC!!!

    Not that I mind it THAT much!!
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  11. #11  
    Haven't you ever heard, "guns don't kill people...people kill people". Same with technology. DC is a fine thing, it is just self-important, inconsiderate, jackgasses who ruin it for everyone. Walkie-talkies were cool...DC is cool and over exponentially larger distances!

    Do you blame the manufacturers for low-rise jeans and mid-drift shirts...or the big girls who shouldn't wear them? I take that back...I blame the manufacturers....screw DC!!!
  12. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Am I the only one who thinks DC is among the most obnoxious technologies on the market today? Cell phones in general bother me in close quarter public places, such as the train, restaurants, etc. But the nextel chirping and the oh so considerate people yelling into their phones, forcing everyone around them to listen to both sides of their conversation, are really, really annoying.

    Maybe it's just me...
    Now cingular is using the same crap. I hate the beepbeepbeep Jerry are you there, beepbeepbeep, Jerry if you are there we need some milk. All the while Jerry is sitting there with his look at me smile, I am so cool with this. I don't give a rat's a$$ about Jerry needing to pick up milk to take back to his trailer park girlfriend.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Now cingular is using the same crap. I hate the beepbeepbeep Jerry are you there, beepbeepbeep, Jerry if you are there we need some milk. All the while Jerry is sitting there with his look at me smile, I am so cool with this. I don't give a rat's a$$ about Jerry needing to pick up milk to take back to his trailer park girlfriend.
    That's what text messaging is for!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    I don't give a rat's a$$ about Jerry needing to pick up milk to take back to his trailer park girlfriend.
    LOL!!!! I feel the same way. What did people do before DC? Talk on the phone? Is that so hard? They also sent texts. I dont want to listen to other people, nor do I want them listening to me. I hate it.
  15. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #15  
    You can read their strategy here (posted on sprintusers)

Posting Permissions