1.    #1  
    The Treo is becoming common place now (remember when you were excited to see another person with one, becase only three people in your city had one?). But, I still get stares when I take advantage of it's capabilities.

Yesterday on the train (where my carrier does not have coverage), I wrote a message in memo pad. I used SnapperMail to make the meo an attachment. I saved the attachment to SD my card (should have just used Sied to start with). I then took out my laptop with wireless broadband. I used CardExport II to transfer the file to the laptop. I then logged on the to the site where I wanted to post the message and uploaded the text.

The stares were humorous. The "what is he doing?" was pemanently affixed to one commuter's expression.
    Agreed! It may be old hat to us now, but to others -- there is still a significant WOW factor.

More sightings everyday, as well. Today I accidentally left my SD card home. (Still in the card reader from having backed that up last night.) Boy, do I feel empty!! My DTG docs, my music, my Handmark Express, my dictionary . . . . . It's going to be a long day.

Cheers, Perry
  3.    #3  
    No SD card?!?! Might as well stay home
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    You feel my pain . . . .
    Well if you had www.orb.com then you would be able to access your files on desktop, might even be able to catch " Young and the Restless"oops wait, that is for WM only, dam Windows wins again.
    Yesterday on the train (where my carrier does not have coverage), I wrote a message in memo pad. I used SnapperMail to make the meo an attachment. I saved the attachment to SD my card (should have just used Sied to start with). I then took out my laptop with wireless broadband. I used CardExport II to transfer the file to the laptop. I then logged on the to the site where I wanted to post the message and uploaded the text.
    Admittedly, the Treo is amazing, but I've gotta ask: Why not just use the laptop to begin with? Not only was the laptop going to be the end result, but if it requires typing and I'm near my computer, I will go there, first. The Treo, at least for me, is an "away from the computer" type of deal... Just curious

The stares were humorous. The "what is he doing?" was pemanently affixed to one commuter's expression.
    I'm asking the same thing. You typed a memo on the teeny keyboard of the Treo so you could export it to your laptop and send it somewhere ? Why not just type on the full size keyboard of the laptop from the get go and save all the intermediate steps ?
    I got a couple of stares the other day watching Seinfeld with my Treo on the plane. Gotta love the Soup Nazi episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I got a couple of stares the other day watching Seinfeld with my Treo on the plane. Gotta love the Soup Nazi episode.
    Watching movies on the treo (or any handheld really) is a fun thing and always gets the stares.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I'm asking the same thing. You typed a memo on the teeny keyboard of the Treo so you could export it to your laptop and send it somewhere ? Why not just type on the full size keyboard of the laptop from the get go and save all the intermediate steps ?
    Maybe what happened was that the memo started off intending to be some short response and then after he got going, it got to big. I have had that happen once or twice.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Maybe what happened was that the memo started off intending to be some short response and then after he got going, it got to big. I have had that happen once or twice.
    Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding...

What has he won Jim?

Certainly in retrospect it was a cumbersome way of doing things. But it was still "cool"
    Everyone was judging it in hindsight ;-)

Well, SD Card back in Treo, 1.13A installed with no grief, no more HandMark Express hiccups. . . . . . . . . . . .

Life is Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Watching movies on the treo (or any handheld really) is a fun thing and always gets the stares.
    Standing in the line to see Santa at Macy's in New York City, I had "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" playing on the Treo for my 2 kids. And the other 6 or 8 kids who were trying to watch as well. I felt like the pied piper.