Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    After speaking with my neighbor's cat who knows a dog that works with tech support manager at Radio Shack who is married to a Verizon Wireless data support and sales consultant, I felt like it was time for a new thread to discuss the newest rumors regarding the timing of the Treo 700 P (for pathetic.) The old ones were getting boring, absurd and included unrealistic guesses for Palm's next Palm OS fiasco. We now might have a thread where Palm could actually meet expectations! Discuss! Prophesize! And much to Perry's excitement, this thread could mean that the 700p might arrive EARLY!!!
    Honestly, I suspect probably by September 2006, but that will be too late for me. But I still have hope they will announce something by April 2006.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sprint TREO 700P

FEBRUARY 22, 2006

Be there or be square.

4. FjT
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Ok, everyone take a deep breath, now let it out and repeat after me:
    "There will not be a new PalmOS based Treo".
    The Truth shall set you Free!
    Last edited by FjT; 01/23/2006 at 07:23 PM.
    Pls..tell me you aren't messing with me. PLEASE.
    So we have a 700P January thread, a 700P Febuary thread and now a April 2007 700P thread. Lack of info makes one crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FjT
    Ok, everyone take a deep breath, now let it out and repeat after me:
    "There will not be a new PalmOS based Treo".
    The Truth shall set you Free!
    So that would mean Colligan lied if that's true. But I think there will be one, it's just a question of when.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    Pls..tell me you aren't messing with me. PLEASE.
    Hi wantAtreo700p!

This is my belief, and fervent hope. Therefore I am messing with myself, if I am messing with you. (Check my signature line.)

(Of course, I am also the guy in the straight jacket babbling incoherently in the other thread.)

So I have thrown the gauntlet down and picked my date. Everyone else -- please step up to the plate and do likewise, and we will see who is the most bubbles off plumb.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    will it have wi-fi? EDVO? cobalt? 480x480 resolution? more memory? i'm not switching unless it has a lanyard loop.
    For me, Palm has until the end of September 2006 to announce their intentions for the next Palm OS-based Treo. If I don't hear said announcement by then, the SE P990 may well indeed be my savior. I'll be able to dump Palm and Sprint in one swing...
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess
    will it have wi-fi? EDVO? cobalt? 480x480 resolution? more memory? i'm not switching unless it has a lanyard loop.

Sprint Treo 700P
    02/22/2006

EV-DO
    64mb
    1.3 megapixel camera
    320x320 screen
    SD slot driver that handles greater than 2GB cards
    better Bluetooth
    Frakengarnet w/ a Cobalt twist.

no WiFi, but WiFi drivers for a card

One man's guess.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    For me, Palm has until the end of September 2006 to announce their intentions for the next Palm OS-based Treo. If I don't hear said announcement by then, the SE P990 may well indeed be my savior. I'll be able to dump Palm and Sprint in one swing...

You're more patient than I am.
    I hope they announce by April and sell by September. But if the Hollywood is coming, they might get side-tracked again. And we have seen no real notice of that vaporware either. I'd be willing to get that as an alternative if it has Palm OS.

Release Date? Maybe we should start with a dam picture of the thing first. If I don't see some visual proof by the end of Feb. then forget.
    I believe!
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    where did u get the 22nd from?
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
    a) Duke Nukem Forever

b) Phantom Console

c) Treo 700p

Choose wisely young jedi.
  17. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    But if the Hollywood is coming, they might get side-tracked again. And we have seen no real notice of that vaporware either. I'd be willing to get that as an alternative if it has Palm OS.
    And (for me, at least) if it has UMTS/HSDPA on 850/1900...

Vaporware is a bit harsh (at least as I use the term)--it connotes something that won't materialize at all, as opposed to something that we hope will and just hasn't so far... I do agree, though, that Hollywood--so far--is all rumor and no substance yet... we have Colligan saying 4 models in 2006 (and we have 1 so far with the 700w); we have only rumors of what the other 3 will be...
    I have an idea, why not call up the office of one of the bigwigs of Palm & demand an answer. I always call a company and start at the top and work down not the other way around. Maybe they need to be reminded we are the reason they have JOBS! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    IMO-If it comes out in Sept of this year, I think it will be too late to keep treo POS users (and it will really hurt sales.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

At least it will be out before WM5 becomes remotely stable and anything better than a steaming pile of ....
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast