Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Bravo!!!

Surur
    I see someone else needs a trip to the rubber room....LOL
    BTW, the room is pink, supposedly soothes the restless or savage spirit. . . .
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I see someone else needs a trip to the rubber room....LOL
    Dude, at least he doesn't look like something yet another Capitol One credit card commercial dragged in, lol.
    Yet another 700p thread. I am sooooo exhausted from reading all this stuff but I continue to read this and other threads, afraid that I might miss a guest appearance by shadowmite with some additional info. That would make Perry real happy and perhaps he'll throw in a picture for vikingjunior .

Hell, that would make my day.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Do you know when like your going to buy a new car and you go to the dealership and pick up one of those big glossy brochures with pictures of the car from all angles including the interior. Then you bring the brochure home and just stare at it and then put the brochure down and then pick it back up again to stare some more. Then you bring the brochure to work show your co workers the car you want to get. Then you just carry the brochure with you every where you go. Until you finally go and buy the car and then the brochure gets thrown in a drawer................

Well I want a DAM brochure.............something I can drool over, We don't even have that. Palm would be horrible at selling cars, no brochures.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Are we limiting this just to WM5 on the treo? (Because I haven't seen the same issues on the 6700 and I thought there was some tweaks made for the 700 and it's one-handedness.)
    It's AS 4.0 and 4.1 for WM5 that seem to have the problems.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm with ya vikingjuior. A brochrure.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I'm with you guys and Lady (and I'm now in Chicago more than before!) I'm inching closer and closer to just shelving the Palm OS and not having to deal with question marks going forward. I'm keeping the 650 until the life cycle disappears and I replace it with a WiFi enabled device. I'm guessing June or so.

But what do you think of this? The challenge of getting out an actual brochure or release date may no longer be a simple matter. The Palm OS software is now in the hands of a completely unrelated company. What was agreed and planned between those companies is now much more complicated. Perhaps we haven't heard anything because they don't know what to tell us. While the dust may eventually settle, the question really remains whether the "new" Palm OS will be so good as to render it a WM5 killer and whether developers will jump on the bandwagon. The longer it takes, the more Microsoft firmly entrenches itself in the corporate market...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    At least it will be out before WM5 becomes remotely stable and anything better than a steaming pile of ....
    There's a somewhat biased statement. I gotta say, I've been using a 6700 for the past day and I haven't had any stability issues like I did on my treo. However, I'm still getting used to the fact that windows mobile seems to run a bit slower. Opera 8.5 for WM5 is amazing though, on EVDO no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Sprint Treo 700P
    02/22/2006

EV-DO
    64mb
    1.3 megapixel camera
    320x320 screen
    SD slot driver that handles greater than 2GB cards
    better Bluetooth
    Frakengarnet w/ a Cobalt twist.

no WiFi, but WiFi drivers for a card

One man's guess.

Cheers, Perry

The next 28 days are going to be soooooooo loooong . . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/25/2006 at 12:06 PM.
    I think you should stick your neck out a little farther and add GPS to that list.
    If it has GPS I'll take two! OK, I don't need two, but I'd be a really happy camper with EVDO and GPS.
    everything I am reading says 2007 also, but you believe what you need to believe...it seems the threads have been filled with November 2005, December 2005, January 2006, February 2006 promises of release and rumors of Shadowmite having a prototype for testing. Why no pictures? If he is able to talk about having it openly why would Palm not let a couple pictures leak out to fuel the flames?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    everything I am reading says 2007 also, but you believe what you need to believe...it seems the threads have been filled with November 2005, December 2005, January 2006, February 2006 promises of release and rumors of Shadowmite having a prototype for testing. Why no pictures? If he is able to talk about having it openly why would Palm not let a couple pictures leak out to fuel the flames?
    Palm is not the only involved party here. They only make the hardware. We've also got the software developer for the OS and the all important carrier also involved. Their lawyers will have paperwork out the door the moment such a leak occurs and I don't doubt that it will spur financial consequences...
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    I do believe there will be a 700p and I think the specs that everyone has been debating (eg Perry's list above) are more or less on target. I have not been persuaded one way or the other on garnet vs. cobalt, and am content to wait and see.

What I want to know is WHEN IS THE DANG THING COMING OUT?!?

I originally agreed with those that speculated on March or April. At this point I'm thinking Lady Treo might be right- Sept. I'm not sure I'm willing to wait that long. My 600 is long in the tooth. I may need to take my hard earned dollars elsewhere. And if I do that, I doubt I'll come running back the minute Palm does get around to releasing something.
    September?????

Do you guys realize how far behind the power curve Palm will be by then. The FOURTH generation HTC devices will be out by then. They'll have a snowball's chance in a very hot place of succeeding if it even drags on to late Spring, much less next fall.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    ... rumors of Shadowmite having a prototype for testing. Why no pictures? If he is able to talk about having it openly why would Palm not let a couple pictures leak out to fuel the flames?

I read somewhere that he got to see the phone courtesy of someone who works for Sprint.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I hear and feel your pain. However, we are in Canada, so we have to wait for at least another year or two, only to get it from only one provider here who will claim your first born to pay for a measly 100MB of data.

George
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim
    only to get it from only one provider here who will claim your first born to pay for a measly 100MB of data.

George
    Prime example why I would need a wifi option.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast