Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    i work for a fortune 500 company, i suppose we're in the minority. maybe we'll switch over to sprint! wait, my wife's company is fortune 500 and they're with Cingular. again, they're probably in the minority. i will say that both of our companies demand the best and neither one is with Sprint (both companies have offices Globally). additionally, i did say "a good portion of corporate america", i did not qualify it by limiting it to the top 1000 capitalized corporations in the country. i will say this: Sprint does offer a good deal, it simply doesn't work for me. i demand more than not being able to place a successful call out of my own home or place of work. $5 or $30 more for better coverage? actually phone rates are probably very similar, lets not confuse this with data. hec, i'm happy paying Verizon whatever it is they want until some other company is able to provide the same coverage I currently have. it seems like many other people are willing to do the same.

    as for the corporate america/verizon argument, you win.

    I wasn't looking to win, just stating the facts, Sprint was ranked #1 in business customers. I think the Nextel merger put them over the top.
  2. #22  
    [QUOTE=ButtUglyJeff]Remember folks, he lives in New York City. I'd love to earn 6 figures myself, but in NYC, where studio apartments start at $1500 per month, the bigger paycheck goes away very quickley............[/QUOTE
    \
    Last edited by oalvarez; 01/21/2006 at 10:30 PM.
  3. #23  
    He's not talking about you
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    why is that you constantly have to berate? why do they have to be sheep? are you better than they? maybe those sheep make tons of money and can afford to. have you ever asked yourself that? maybe they just want to and that's ok. would you think of it kindly if some Verizon user referred to you as being a "sheep" for making the choices that you have?

    if it makes you feel any better, i'm a sheep, a very happy sheep, and one who can afford to be one. i like my Treo 700 with Verizon and am with verizon for all of the reasons that i stipulated above that obviously make no sense to you. Lady Treo? shi te...funny username now that I come to think about it. you make me laugh.
    My statement actually had nothing to do with being able to afford it.

    However, I edited the above post to make you happy.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #25  
    i will say that both of our companies demand the best and neither one is with Sprint
    The implication there is that since both companies demand the best, and Sprint isn't used by either, then Sprint can't be the best.

    There's a problem with that statement - both companies you mentioned use different providers (Verizon and Cingular). How can both companies be "the best"?

    Simple - different people have different needs. Lots of things I don't like about Sprint, but they're the best for MY needs. Plus, I'm a computer professional and have had to deal with the local Verizon support team for wired data services, and that experience ALONE would convince me that I don't want Verizon services.

    Again, "the best" is so subjective because different people/companies have different needs. In this area, Nextel was VERY big because of push to talk. Of course, now Nextel is part of Sprint...
  6. #26  
    You claim you have all the newest gadgets and yet you pay 50 a month for traditional landline? I don't get it. Do you actually utilize all these new technology?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    The implication there is that since both companies demand the best, and Sprint isn't used by either, then Sprint can't be the best.

    There's a problem with that statement - both companies you mentioned use different providers (Verizon and Cingular). How can both companies be "the best"?

    Simple - different people have different needs. Lots of things I don't like about Sprint, but they're the best for MY needs. Plus, I'm a computer professional and have had to deal with the local Verizon support team for wired data services, and that experience ALONE would convince me that I don't want Verizon services.

    Again, "the best" is so subjective because different people/companies have different needs. In this area, Nextel was VERY big because of push to talk. Of course, now Nextel is part of Sprint...
    you are right. enjoy your coverage.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    My statement actually had nothing to do with being able to afford it.

    However, I edited the above post to make you happy.
    hey, do whatever it is that makes you feel good. eidit away. whatever makes u feel better. after all, you make me laugh, and that's important.
  9. #29  
    you raise some interesting points. I'm not so sure that when/if people need to trim back, it's going to be in the smartphone sphere. it might be these issues will also function to shake out the weaker providers. (what would be nice -- and help the process -- is if the corruption which enables the utilities and service providers to enforce regional monopolies were eliminated, but that's another story.)

    with a smartphone, I think the fact that the phone is conjoined with other devices makes it a bigger priority. I look at it this way: if I suddenly were forced between choosing between cable tv, landline, Netflix, DSL, and dedicated smartphone -- cable TV would be the first to go out the window. then it would be landline, DSL... and I can't see getting rid of Netflix, because if you're on a budger, it enables you to essentially go without first-run movies or cable. the Treo could substitute for practically all of them in a pinch. at this point, in fact, even if when it's sorely overpriced -(and I suspect the reason Verizon overprices their data plan is to protect against losing home customers) the smartphone is the device of thrift.
  10. #30  
    Wow, there are some awful pissy people in this thread
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #31  
    MHO...

    To help widening your perspective a little..

    Broadband where I live can be had for as little as $24.99/mth, fees included (NOT a 3 month special)

    HDTV: free (legally). I use it. You just have to be creative

    Satellite programming (some) is free legally as well. Again: Be creative.

    XM Radio: Free (theroretically, IF you have broadband)
    Since I have a mobile data plan I listen in my car too.

    Phone: $14.99 (again fees included, IF you have broadband).
    Another local POTS company offers basic phone for $21.99, fees included.

    Cellular providers offer minimal service starting @ $15.

    Verizon's 1X(70-144kbps), and Broadband have been lowered in price. $60 is a bad idea compared to some services, but considering it was impossible a few years ago, maybe not. I think you are not angry, just a little impatient. We all hve gotten spoiled, and maybe a little entitled 10 years (5?) ago we'd not even see this stuff, let alone afford it.
  12. #32  
    Some of you guys make me laugh. The Fortune 500 companies I've worked for (two of 'em) have reps from every cell company come in and offer deals to their employees. These companies don't have any exclusive deal with anyone. And contrary to the popular opinion of the day, corporations aren't buying cellphones for the average employee. Aside from some high-paid execs (which are a small percentage of the employee population), cell phones are purchased by end-users/employees, not the companies they work for.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  13. JDELUNA's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bfitzpat
    .............. I make very good money 6+ figures - and I'm starting to struggle with monthly payments for all my gadgets ............http://buildacom.com
    As the saying goes "The more you make the more unhappy one gets because one always want more." I make no where near the amount you do and I have the TREO 650 with Verizon and the unlimited data plan. I consider all this stuff luxury, I really do not need all this stuff, I can actually live without all this. Yeah I complain of the High prices, but when it really comes down to it, instead of complaining I can either get rid of it or go to a much cheaper phone and plan. People have to learn how to spend and budget their money, I used to go to a gym to workout and paid $50 a month, to some that may seem cheap, but after that year contract ended, I just ended going back to the Recreaton Center for $50 a Year. Same equipment, and even closer to home. As someone mentioned you can get Movies from Friends or even the Library for free. Just learn to budget and lern to get rid of things you really do not need, or find a cheaper alternative. God Bless
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeluna
    As the saying goes "The more you make the more unhappy one gets because one always want more." I make no where near the amount you do
    Come on, this is the internet. We're all Very Good Looking, make a **** load of cash, and have 12 inch cocks...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Come on, this is the internet. We're all Very Good Looking, make a **** load of cash, and have 12 inch cocks...
    Even you?

    BTW, best avatar yet...........
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Come on, this is the internet. We're all Very Good Looking, make a **** load of cash, and have 12 inch cocks...
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #37  
    This is turning in a sausage fest...all because some undereducated lamer can't manage his +100K income.

    Cry me an effing river.

    And what's that old joke..."my girlfriend told me to give her 12 inches and make it hurt."

    So I screwed her 3 times and kick her in the arse.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions