Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Hi all, I'm extremely new to this whole phone + data combination and I have a few questions. I have a sweet AT&T rate plan that I just don't want to give up which is why I'm sticking with it. Now I've found some info concerning people using mmode to access the internet w/o having to purchase the more expensive pda data plans. Is this still true? If it is, should I purchase the mmode plan before I switch to the 650? Can I simply just put the sim chip in from my existing phone into the 650 to get it to work? Thanks in advance for your responses!
    Yep, go for it. Should work fine. I use the mMode plan on my 650 (and my 600 before that). No issues..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    sweet, thanks for the info. What about the sim card, do I have to call in to activate the phone, or will simply putting my old sim card into the treo activate it?
    I have the same question. Also, where do you buy the unlocked Treo for use with AT&T. is the only option shelling out $600 at the palm store (if you require a new phone)?

J