1.    #1  
    I was unable to find a topic that addressed this issue, so I apologize if I missed it (them) due to brain flatulence.

I used to get sports updates via SMS from TSN.CA back in the day, but they have now moved to wireless web (and not even for Rogers!).

Are there still any good information "pushers" that send via SMS? Ideally, I'd prefer a free service, but would consider paying if it was a really good service offering.

I seem to recall there was a Canadian-based service whose name was a mix of letters and numbers that could not only send information but calendar reminders via SMS.

TIA!

EDIT: I know that the majority of mobile services are moving towards wireless web, but Rogers wants to charge me an arm and a leg on top of the regular arm and leg for my monthly plan. Without arms or legs, what good is a wireless phone to me?
    Last edited by hotbranch; 01/20/2006 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Added clarification
  2.    #2  
    <crickets>

Anyone?
    Google SMS

4Info

Both FREE and both work great

you do have to pay for SMS though unless you have unlimited
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbranch
    I was unable to find a topic that addressed this issue, so I apologize if I missed it (them) due to brain flatulence.

I used to get sports updates via SMS from TSN.CA back in the day, but they have now moved to wireless web (and not even for Rogers!).

Are there still any good information "pushers" that send via SMS? Ideally, I'd prefer a free service, but would consider paying if it was a really good service offering.

I seem to recall there was a Canadian-based service whose name was a mix of letters and numbers that could not only send information but calendar reminders via SMS.

TIA!

EDIT: I know that the majority of mobile services are moving towards wireless web, but Rogers wants to charge me an arm and a leg on top of the regular arm and leg for my monthly plan. Without arms or legs, what good is a wireless phone to me?
    I don't think Yahoo! alerts fall under "push" info but I use it to get sports score alerts (I'm a NY Rangers fan) and I get score updates every period. You can get any team/sports score you desire to get info on and you can add up to maybe 5 teams (or maybe more) to get alerts on these. I get weather updates everyday too. There's an option where you can set what time and how often you want to receive the alerts via SMS.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani