1.    #1  
    I've been using my Treo 650 for a long time with no problems. I am now experiencing a problem that after a soft reset, the SD card is not recognized. If I turn the Treo off then on, the SD card is then recognized. Anyone experience this problem? Any idea what the solution might be?
    Can't be 100% certain, but it seems like it's a variation of the unmounting problem. Does your card ever unmount by itself when in a pocket? I've had my card disappear after a reset that was solved either as you did (power off and back on) or by unmounting the card and pushing it back into place.

Maybe more experienced Treo6xx users can shed brighter light on this.
    There are some existing threads about this issue. I don't think anyone has come up with an explanation or a permanent solution. Just one of the frustrations we must deal with.
    Zane
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies. I have 3 SD cards and this problem happens with each one of them. Just weird that I NEVER had this problem before a couple of weeks ago. I have had both the Treo 600 and 650 since the Treos came out and never had this problem. I wonder what changed a couple of weeks ago that created this problem. I don't remember changing anything.

Any idea where the other threads are that mention this problem?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    The times I've experienced this were software conflict and damaged save/unsaved preference files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    Thanks for the replies. I have 3 SD cards and this problem happens with each one of them. Just weird that I NEVER had this problem before a couple of weeks ago. I have had both the Treo 600 and 650 since the Treos came out and never had this problem. I wonder what changed a couple of weeks ago that created this problem. I don't remember changing anything.

Any idea where the other threads are that mention this problem?

Thanks
    Jay,
    Just do a search on SD card.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I've had the same issue, but resolved it by reseating the card. If its happening with 3 cards, and reads them fine at times, leads me to suspect hardware.

EDIT- Just a thought... mayhap a micro dust bunny wiggled its way down into the card slot?
  8.    #8  
    Must be some sort of software problem. I have also noticed that sometimes I have a delay when I hit a box with the stylus or type in a character. Weird that the Treo doesn't recognize the SD card after a soft reset but recognizes the card when I turn the unit off then on.