1.    #1  
    I am having trouple getting the Real Player to see my songs on my SD Card. Is there anything to this other than copy the files to the root of the card?

Thanks all!
    Just checked my SD card file structure -- I believe the song files need to be in an Audio folder on the SD card (not the root).

Edited to add: I have a Sandisk card, so the file path looks like this -
    Sandisk\Audio
    Last edited by karenct; 01/19/2006 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Edited to provide file path
    What format are the songs in?
    Quote Originally Posted by DadOCarson
    I am having trouple getting the Real Player to see my songs on my SD Card. Is there anything to this other than copy the files to the root of the card?

Thanks all!

Hi DadOCarson!

My RealPlayer songs have been placed in this directory on the SD card: RN_AUDIO

As well, my Real Networks set up requires me to load the files from the Real Player software on my PC to the SD card, while the SD card is in the Treo and the Real Player software on the Treo is "on." (The Treo is connected to the computer via it's hotsync cable.) It is a 4 step process:
    Using Real Player software on the PC:
    1. Buy the song and download it from their web site..
    2. Select Transfer/Burn, having the Treo connected and it's Real Player software "on."
    3. Select the Songs for transfer from those on the PC's list.
    4. Then hit Transfer and they load onto the card.

How is yours working?

Also, you should not copy any files to the root directory of an SD card used in a Treo. The PalmOS considers the root directory of a card as a place for system files only and limits the number of files that can be put there. (40ish?) Further attempts to place files there will get a "Card Full" warning. (Even when the card is not truly full.) If you are using a card reader -- you need to know where the PalmOS would "automatically" put files if it was doing this for you thru a hotsync process and put them in the same directories as it would:

Audio = mp3s and such
    DCIM = photos and videos
    RN_Audio = RealPlayer sets this one up for it's songs
    PALM/launcher
    PALM/Programs
    PALM/Blazer
    PALM/Backup
    Documents = Documents to Go directory

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/19/2006 at 11:44 AM.