Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok,
    I'm 500% sure that every time I leave my Treo 650 sitting on the kitchen island , my girlfriend alters my ex-girlfriend's stored telephone number in my contact list. It seems to be the only number that "changes" over and over again for 4 months.

So you ask... "so beat her ***"... or "why do you have your ex's number anyway?" I'm the kind of guy who likes to go into an argument with facts and all the proof in the world. And believe me, when I bring this one up, it will become an argument. But the Treo has SO many bugs.. It's SO unreliable. How can I provide a solid argument and point the finger at my allegedly "jealous" girlfirend when the evidence in question is so very unrealiable?

Finally, here's my 2 questions:

1) Have you ever had telephone numbers mysteriously change by 1 digit time after time after time .... after (you get the point)?
    2) the REAL question here:

Is there a utility or macro recorder for the Treo 650 that can record the keystrokes and activity performed in an "audit record" so I can prove my point here?
    Why don't you password protect your phone?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Why don't you use the built in security app to lock that contact info? I think you can also mask or hide it in addition to locking it.

A real player wouldn't allow his little black book to fall into the wrong hands.
  4.    #4  
    Locking the phone is not an option. I refuse to unlock my phone before picking it up and using it every few minutes.

The built in security is a perfect solution. I'll look into this and report.

Thanks for being "understanding men".
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I've used the "mask" option. It's a LOCK that when she pick's up the phone and sees that I have password protected my ex-girlfirend's phone number, the battle will begin. Fortunately that also means I'll have proved that she was looking up her number. Perfect. . .. . Thanks crew!
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLoveHate
    Ok, I've used the "mask" option. It's a LOCK that when she pick's up the phone and sees that I have password protected my ex-girlfirend's phone number, the battle will begin. Fortunately that also means I'll have proved that she was looking up her number. Perfect. . .. . Thanks crew!
    Leaving it out there just enough to taunt her huh? Eevilll. Real men don't taunt.
    Something tells me this problem will be resolving itself soon.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLoveHate
    Does she root through the computer? Cause if she does and you sync with outlook, she will still be able to changeit. As outlook does not hide or mask the contact info.
    I still don't see why locking the actual phone is a problem. It will prevent unauthorized use of your phone, period. If she asks why your phone is suddenly locked(or if you get a message to reset your password), that would prove she was looking through it also. You can set it where it won't kick in until a specified period of non-use, so you can still use the phone without entering the password constantly.

Anyway, why provoke a fight? Your phone might suffer the damages. Think about it. Just lock the phone and keep it with you.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't think MASK really locks it, I believe it just hides the name with a shaded bar, just highlight and select and you in. One thing I can't stand is a sneaky GF.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I don't think MASK really locks it, I believe it just hides the name with a shaded bar, just highlight and select and you in. One thing I can't stand is a sneaky GF.
    I agree with this. Unless your GF has some absolutely incredible talents , I'd get rid of her.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I would arrange an "accident" - maybe a fall down the stairs or something. That will solve your problem without the need to pay for and add any more third party apps.
    tattoo your x's number to the GF's forehead so that you can call your ex when your girlfriend is giving you a lewinski.
    Hi, This is too easy to mention, think up a nuck name for your ex, file her number under the nick name and that ends that, Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    tattoo your x's number to the GF's forehead so that you can call your ex when your girlfriend is giving you a lewinski.
    Better yet, go to ex-GF's house and have her give you hummer. (Hey, that's what ex-GF's are for, right?) Use the crappy Treo camera to make a video and save the session.

If current psycho-GF wants to snoop, give her something she'll remember.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Better yet, go to ex-GF's house and have her give you hummer. (Hey, that's what ex-GF's are for, right?) Use the crappy Treo camera to make a video and save the session.

If current psycho-GF wants to snoop, give her something she'll remember.
    Better yet, email her the video on Christmas.
    I'm back!
    Better yet, take naked pictures of both current and ex-girlfriend and attach them to this thread. We'll create a new poll and based on the physical attributes of the two women we'll vote which one you should be with and you'll have no problems determining which one to kick to the curb.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Better yet, take naked pictures of both current and ex-girlfriend and attach them to this thread. We'll create a new poll and based on the physical attributes of the two women we'll vote which one you should be with and you'll have no problems determining which one to kick to the curb.
    I say you do this one and let us vote!
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Yeah, I'd have to agree. This is probably the most scientific approach.
    I'm back!
    So which one......
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast